HacX 1.2

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HacX 1.2

Post by NeuralStunner »

I'm hoping Hacx 2 will have its own new custom palette. DooM's is so drab... :(

Widescreen friendly HUD/weapons too. ;)
TheDoomGuy

Post by TheDoomGuy »

NeuralStunner wrote:I'm hoping Hacx 2 will have its own new custom palette. DooM's is so drab... :(

Widescreen friendly HUD/weapons too. ;)
YEAH. A new HUD would be great.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

\m/ YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH \m/

I love you Xaser, this is awesome. It's about time Hacx had its own IWAD. :D
Last edited by Snarboo on Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch

Post by Marisa the Magician »

My opinion on this:

I think I'm going to make this my signature reaction image to everything awesome from now on. ¦3
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Honestly, I've never played HacX before. After playing it for about half an hour, I regret that I haven't done it before.

This mod is kick-ass. Really. TC stand for Total Conversion, and that is what HacX is. A Total Conversion DooM mod. A really, really, REALLY fucking good one. I don't think I have had this fun playing a DooM mod in a long, long time.
I could dabble about just everything in this mod and make it sound more positive than others might think. All the weapons are kick-ass, there's nothing useless to shoot with, the music's fantastic, the level design also and the enemies are really creative.
In short, HacX owns. 'Nuff said. One of the best mods for DooM.
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

doomhunter_175 wrote:Honestly, I've never played HacX before. After playing it for about half an hour, I regret that I haven't done it before.

This mod is kick-ass. Really. TC stand for Total Conversion, and that is what HacX is. A Total Conversion DooM mod. A really, really, REALLY fraking good one. I don't think I have had this fun playing a DooM mod in a long, long time.
I could dabble about just everything in this mod and make it sound more positive than others might think. All the weapons are kick-ass, there's nothing useless to shoot with, the music's fantastic, the level design also and the enemies are really creative.
In short, HacX owns. 'Nuff said. One of the best mods for DooM.
This is so true. I'm glad Xaser didn't give up on this. HacX was kind of rushed to the market, and this is why some of the levels are not... great, and some are very fun. A finished version of HacX would be great. Can't wait for this.
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

I like the gameplay this thing pumps out, atleast with monsters and the weapon designs. but i must say the first map was so tedious that it kinda killed it. it started out good, but i ended up not knowing what to do, got locked inside a room and couldn't get out (well, after i noclipped out i figured out how i could have done it tho)

the shotgun could use some better sprites, aswell as the "shotgun guy", might cook something up if this thing accepts contributions!
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Wow, I'm surprised to hear how much interest this is generating. I didn't realize there were so many who haven't played HacX before. :)
.+:icytux:+. wrote:the shotgun could use some better sprites, aswell as the "shotgun guy", might cook something up if this thing accepts contributions!
Those are both on the to-do list. And yes, we are open for submissions (although I've been lazy and haven't posted the thread saying that yet :P) so long as they're not derivative of any non-free resources (e.g. Doom 2 or any other commercial game). Do you think you could do something with the Android 'shotgun guy'? Just cleaner, less model-rippy sprites would work wonders for a few enemies.

Also, crazy fast work, Blzut3 -- still waiting for the next SVN build so I can check the detection out, but it's good to hear it made it in so quickly. Quasar just posted that he's added support to EE, too, which covers the two main bases. Hooray for progress. :P
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

Well, I could try to make a shotgun, but i wont be doing the Android. it has quite alot of frames and rotations so il save that for a MAYBE later... after a year... 8-)
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

HacX was one of those 'WTF?' TCs. There's mutants, robots, weird monsters and levels that all seemingly make no sense. I suppose if I knew what the story was it would make some sense, something to do with cyberspace and mutants :lol:

Also, yeah are you changing the sprites? The game has good sprites with a consistent style (handgun, uzi, cryogun, laster staff, nuclear gun thing) but the rest were trash to be honest. Also I remember if I shot statues in one of the levels they turned into fat monsters, this supposed to happen in the original? :?

Oh yeah, and there's those ugly wtf cyberspace levels, I hope you change them please! Surreal.
SoulCrow

Post by SoulCrow »

CaptainToenail wrote:Also I remember if I shot statues in one of the levels they turned into fat monsters, this supposed to happen in the original? :?
Probably one of those "DeHackEd" bugs Xaser mentioned.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Oddly enough, that was actually intentional by the developers, even though it looks mega-strange.

Also, the mass of creatures makes much more sense when you actually know what's supposed to be going on. That'll be clearer, as well. :P
JustinC

Post by JustinC »

Its nice to see people being positive about Hacx. I remember people being so negative about it and I never understood why. The art design was very good, and the TC itself had many clever little additions. Then again....that was YEARS ago.
Keep up the good work. :)
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Noticed a small bug: when picking up the berzerk, you don't switch to your kick.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by NeuralStunner »

Snarboo wrote: when picking up the berzerk, you don't switch to your kick.
Works for me. :?

I was a touch disappointed this enforced no jump/crouch. I don't like having mods do that. :P

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”