[Sprites]NeoWorm Resources - Google drive link pg.1

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
neoworm

Re: [Sprites]NeoWorm Resources - Firewand update p.16

Post by neoworm »

Cutmanmike wrote:Now make it so you can swing it like a sword and there ya go, best of all 3 worlds :P
Tempting...
Gez

Post by Gez »

ZDG wrote:Here's something i just whipped up with your WV variant :P
The orb should logically continue under it as well. It looks unbalanced as it is here. Like a paperweight rather than like, well, a mystical orb of lethal fiery power.
ZDG

Post by ZDG »

It has also anti-gravity powers. :P
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

neoworm wrote:Ghastly_dragon> I like it. I tried to mess with it a little so I made the projectiles fly in a little vedge instead of line and I tried to make ravens drop feathers when flying and when they disapear. It looks even better now. I think the ravens are too blueish, I will try to darken them a little. Also i will make some impact animation for projectiles and maybe for ravens too. I think they deserves something original.
Alright. Can you send the edited wad? Also, did the smoke for the muzzle flash fit well? It was in the HX2 version, but I wasn't sure about it.
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

Here is my upgrade. I darkened ravens and added feathers. Maybe the projectiles would be better without the feather trail. Also Ï dont think the ravens shoud be fullbright. Maybe a brightmap for their eyes would be better.
http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... nstaff.zip
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

neoworm wrote:Maybe the projectiles would be better without the feather trail.
The feathers that float down to the ground work well on the ravens (especially the death), but I think a straight trail of feathers would work better for the projectiles. Also, I just added a random chance to the raven's feather trail, so there aren't as many of them (I love A_SpawnItemEx's chance parameter :P)
Also Ï dont think the ravens shoud be fullbright. Maybe a brightmap for their eyes would be better.
Well, on sprites as dark as the ravens, it doesn't matter much. I just added it so they aren't almost impossible to see in dark areas.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Ghastly_dragon wrote:Awesome! I'll start finishing the Raven Staff. :D

Edit: Not done yet, but I thought you'd want to see the projectile in-game. http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... nstaff.zip

Still have to find suitable projectile death sprites (they used a generic explosion, in Hexen 2), but otherwise it's just about done. It isn't bound to a key, so Give All and Use RavenStaff. :P
MUST GO INTO ARMORY!
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Tormentor667 wrote:MUST GO INTO ARMORY!
I was planning on submitting it, with Neoworm's permission.

@Neoworm: I finally got around to finishing it. How's this? http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... nstaff.zip
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

Bump!

Since I have some time and mood for DooM moding I tried to recolor and slightly enchance one of Eriance sprites - the Hierophant. Eriance sprites are superb but I think they lack a bit of contrast compared to DooM sprites. I tried to manually add it. I dont think it came out really well but maybe someone can use the sheet:
Spoiler:
Also I am going to finish this monster in next few days:
But since I dont want to see it just added to few randomiser mods without any proper I will try a little experiment. I wont release sprites to public until somebody volunteers to make some small level of acceptable quality featuring this monster. It doesnt have to be anything outstanding, I just want to see it used properly at least once. Volunteers could send me message or post in this thread, I will send them the monster when it will be done. What do you think?
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Heh, that Heirophant edit looks really nice.

Oh, man. If that skull thing were a couple times larger, and slimier, it would be perfect for the Hacx 2.0 team as G.E.N.I.E., heh.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

neoworm wrote:Also I am going to finish this monster in next few days:
Oh yeah, I was going to PM you about that yesterday, but I completely forgot. I still have the wad with the preliminary behavior.

Glad to hear it's getting finished, after a year. :P
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

The skull thing will fit well in Hacx 2.0, i think. I'm sure Xaser would love it.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Quite. I think we can make room in HacX 2.0 for this guy since we've decided to ditch DEHACKED. I'd be willing to make a sample map for it with HacX if you'd like it to be released alongside something beforehand -- a teaser of sorts, if you will.

On that note, if you're looking for a project to be involved in, we are looking for an artist to round out the few missing enemies. Something in that style would fit amazingly for HacX's final boss... :)
printz

Post by printz »

I really like that monster. Enrich the family of Doom brain "demons" and we can finally make a plot why the Inferno was ruled by that brain on legs. My theory was that some aliens were at work, but there haven't been enough sprites to make a mod exactly about that (though beastiary has been helping). The addition above helps this variety.

EDIT: I am interested in using your monster, but: 1) I'm working on a megawad. It will be episode 2 or 3 that will use such monsters (though E1 isn't excluded, actually!). 2) It won't be DECORATE, it'll be DEHACKED. 3) I already have the full frame set occupied with new monsters, but I'm interested to replace one of them with something that ISN'T from the bestiary. Tl;dr: I'd be happy to use it, but don't expect to see it released any time soon. Screenshots may appear though.
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

Xaser wrote:Quite. I think we can make room in HacX 2.0 for this guy since we've decided to ditch DEHACKED. I'd be willing to make a sample map for it with HacX if you'd like it to be released alongside something beforehand -- a teaser of sorts, if you will.

On that note, if you're looking for a project to be involved in, we are looking for an artist to round out the few missing enemies. Something in that style would fit amazingly for HacX's final boss... :)
I dont mind the map being for HacX. But it was made for DooM so it uses DooM palette. Also I dont know if there are some limitation of HacX licences since I want this monster to be used freely, not limited to one project.
printz wrote:I really like that monster. Enrich the family of Doom brain "demons" and we can finally make a plot why the Inferno was ruled by that brain on legs. My theory was that some aliens were at work, but there haven't been enough sprites to make a mod exactly about that (though beastiary has been helping). The addition above helps this variety.

EDIT: I am interested in using your monster, but: 1) I'm working on a megawad. It will be episode 2 or 3 that will use such monsters (though E1 isn't excluded, actually!). 2) It won't be DECORATE, it'll be DEHACKED. 3) I already have the full frame set occupied with new monsters, but I'm interested to replace one of them with something that ISN'T from the bestiary. Tl;dr: I'd be happy to use it, but don't expect to see it released any time soon. Screenshots may appear though.
I am going to make a DECORATE code for it that will feature psychic attack causing player slowdown and blindness (or some other nasty effect) and I would like to be used with this behaviour. Once released I wont mind if someone uses the graphics for something completely different.

Return to “Resources”