Lizard Squad: A cartoony ZDoom mod - Version 5.2b release!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
lizardcommando

Re: The Exterminator: Bigger Backpack Edition (Beta13 releas

Post by lizardcommando »

Thanks.

This has been an ongoing project of mine. I actually started working on it before making the Mr. Hoppington mod. I also tried attempting to make a similar texture pack right after I finished making ICD-Lizard but I lost interest in doing that. Plus, the textures looked REALLY bad.
Davidos

Post by Davidos »

lizardcommando wrote:Oh it does. Just try playing this mod with Mr. Hoppington's Shape Search. Textures totally match!

I think you gotta make the grass a shade or two darker as to not cause instant paralax blinding to anyone who'll walk across it... similair if you do change the walls and everything will be inner-lime bright green....... yeah, picture yourself holding a flashlight in one hand and a torchlight in the other, shining into the mirror in your face.

That'll be the effect.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Don't worry, the grass (or any of the other greens) won't be THAT bright for this texture pack. The grass was purposely that bright for the Mr. Hoppington mod.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Please make the texture pack a separate wad, though. Texture replacements can sometimes screw up certain maps.

Also, how the hell did you manage to get down to 22 health on MAP01? :P
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Don't worry. It's going to be an optional wad.The texture pack will be in its own separate wadfile. It'll be packaged with this mod once it's finished. I love playing megawads with this mod so I know how crappy it would be if you see parts of Memento Mori 2 or Requiem being littered with random cartoon textures. Plus, it would increase the filesize even more if I were to combine the textures with the main wadfile.

As for ending up with 22% of my health, I ran out to the secret area using only the Katana. I just picked up the 9mm pistol when I exited that hallway near the level exit. I just never bothered to switch the gun back after killing those guys with this gun.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Well, all I've really done since my last update was mess with the HUD just a tad bit, then threw in a sentry gun item which replaces the Invisibility Sphere. The sentry gun isn't very smart at the moment, but they work.

I'll try to release a beta for this soon, most likely in a week or two weeks depending on how busy things get here. By the way, would anyone be interested in having classes in this mod? Some classes will have weapons that are exclusive to them (IE the Cowboy Lizard classes starts off with a Revolver, the LSMC Grunt starts off with an M4A1, etc.)
JimmyJ

Post by JimmyJ »

lizardcommando wrote:Well, all I've really done since my last update was mess with the HUD just a tad bit, then threw in a sentry gun item which replaces the Invisibility Sphere. The sentry gun isn't very smart at the moment, but they work.

I'll try to release a beta for this soon, most likely in a week or two weeks depending on how busy things get here. By the way, would anyone be interested in having classes in this mod? Some classes will have weapons that are exclusive to them (IE the Cowboy Lizard classes starts off with a Revolver, the LSMC Grunt starts off with an M4A1, etc.)
I think classes would be fine by me, and I'm looking forward to the upcoming beta. :)
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Classes sounds cool, just make sure that all classes starting weapons and stats are balanced enough.
Not that you wouldn't, anyway. :P
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

I finished making the final class that I wanted to make which is a Special Operations guy. He wears a gas mask and is armed with a Silenced Tactical Machine Pistol. This now means that you can no longer find one of those Silenced TMP's anymore since this gun will be exclusive to this class. I remade the Silenced TMP so that it no longer has that scope on it. It looks better now to be honest. I can't believe I actually kept that dumb thing on it...

I've also been working on the custom textures too. Progress for that is going REAL slowly though, so don't expect a download for it any time.

I'm going to do a few more things to this mod and then release a new beta later on.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Oooh, awesome! Can't wait. BTW, what are the classes in the new version
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

There are 5 classes you can choose from:
  • The Exterminator = He's the default guy. You just start off with the .45 Pistol.
  • Cowboy Lizard = He's just like the Cowboy Lizards you face off against in this mod. He starts off with a class unique weapon, the Revolver. You can bounce your shots against walls. It's pretty nifty when you want to take out guys around a corner without exposing yourself. The only sucky thing with that gun is its slow reload time. He's my favorite class to use.
  • LSMC Grunt = He's a regular soldier armed with class unique weapon, the M4A1. It's pretty much the same thing as the EXAR-1 in terms of its strength and rate of fire, the only difference is the M4 has a smaller magazine.
  • Marksman = He's the same guy you face off against in the mod. He starts off with the Infantry Rifle. I only made this class because my brother requested it.
  • Spec-Ops Soldier = He's the guy you see in that screenshot. He's armed with the 9mm Pistol and the class unique weapon, the Tactical Silenced Machine Pistol. The scope in the original version is gone now.
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

Sweet, new classes! It's been awhile since I've checked out this mod...totally loving the new updates and what not. The new hud is also looking pretty spiffy! Great job on everything!
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

lizardcommando, you really make this art style work. :)
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

It's comments like these that make me keep going with this mod. Thanks for the encouragement. :)

I'm in the middle of remaking the Charge Cannon. I admit, I somehow ended up ripping off the design for it from the Halo Plasma Rifle... I wanted to incorporate the design from the Vanguard Buster from my (permanently in hiatus) Maverick Hunters Mod, but make it look more like a gun or something. In the end, I would always end up going to that similar design... It will also incorporate the Decorate coding that Doomrater made for that mod so now you can hold down the secondary fire button to charge the weapon up.
Sodaholic

Post by Sodaholic »

The gameplay is really cool in this mod too, I like how it seems to be 'flexible', as in you can play really fast paced or sneak up on your enemies, it seems to just blend everything smoothly together. It's also really creative, have you ever conidered making a tc from this? I would definately play it if you were to do something like that.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”