[Sprites]NeoWorm Resources - Google drive link pg.1

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
neoworm

Re: [Sprites]NeoWorm Resources - Necromancer staff p.14

Post by neoworm »

I know that originaly it uses some weird spinning darts. It probably shoudnt be hard to make. I can try but I will need some reference.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Spoiler:
Apparently, Fraps doesn't like GLHexen2. :?

The unpowered projectile is pretty much a smaller version of the non-raven powered projectile. Also, it's worth pointing out that the ravens fired from the powered-mode have red eyes. :P

Edit: What's the difference between the two non-firing frames?
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

At the risk of sounding like a broken record... NeoWorm, you are just awesome. :thumb:
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Looking good thar. :D Only 2 minor things I wanted to point out - some yellow lighting during the fire frames would make it better. Also, the rectangular gem on top seems to be conflicting with the raven's shape. Perhaps a diamond or pinched ellipse would fit better? Just my opinions.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Here's some quick Decorate I whipped up, with the Ethereal Crossbow projectile sprites as placeholders: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/224836 ... nStaff.wad

I'm still going to tweak it a lot, but it's almost done. I didn't want a straight Wraithverge replacement, for the attack, so I made something similar, but still different. Sort of like a mix between the Wraithverge and Bloodscourge attacks. I also haven't implemented the muzzle flash, yet.
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

I tought it looked like wraithverge with different name. I will try to make the sprites soon. Projectile itself wont be problem, but the crow will need some more work. Luckily I have some base from Melty Blood and I already started rotations for it (it even have red eyes). But Speedyshare dont work for me at all. So I cant test it. Use the DRDfileshare - its best for ZDooM related projects.

I also tried the sprites ingame and I thing the shading in the darker parts is kinda bad, I will have to try some color rebalancing.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

neoworm wrote:I tought it looked like wraithverge with different name.
The powered-mode, yeah. Raven Software has the unfortunate habit of reusing ideas they've made before. Quake 4's Dark Matter Gun behaves very similarly to the powered Meteor Staff, for example.
neoworm wrote:Speedyshare dont work for me at all. So I cant test it. Use the DRDfileshare - its best for ZDooM related projects.
http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... nstaff.zip

Also, I forgot to mention, I coded it for Heretic, since I really didn't want to have to deal with Hexen's classes. It also doesn't have KeyConf, so just type "use ravenstaff" in the console.
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

It seems almost ridiculously powerful for a weapon that just summonst few birds.

So far I have this. And no time to work on it for a few days.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

neoworm wrote:It seems almost ridiculously powerful for a weapon that just summonst few birds.
Well, it was the Necromancer's fourth weapon, and I think it's a little less powerful than the Wraithverge, but I haven't finished messing with ammo and damage amounts, yet.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

I was wondering if you could edit the Flail to have the red electricity around it for a Powered Up Mode. Do you think you could do this?
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

I could and I was planning to do so, but right now I am totally fed up with drawing lightning on different weapons all the time. Its not hard, its only awfully annoying. So I am sorry not now, I have much more interesting things to do. But its quite easy to copy/paste some electric glow from other weapons. There is also lot of source material - my new axe, powered staff, powered gauntlets, mage lightning spell...
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

Raven done, now the projectile itself.
Xim

Post by Xim »

neoworm wrote:Raven done, now the projectile itself.
I like it. I like it a lot. :)
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Wow, I like that. It'd make a great character/monster, too. (A Raven Morph powerup would be awesome. I may do that sometime.)
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

I'd need a fade-out/smoke burst death, but that's perfect! :D

Return to “Resources”