The Return of the Triad [TC] - some guy bumped this again

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Tragos

Re: The Return of the Triad [TC] - Back on track.

Post by Tragos »

True, but in my opinion most games specifically remakes fail short of their potential or never live up to all the hype. If you need a example just look at Doom 3. Loved the graphics, the monsters where cool, but I disliked the gameplay enough that it forced me to put it down and go back to the original Dooms. I think a lot of people had a similar reaction :).

They could do a new ROTT very easily, but part of the appeal of the original was that it was silly and didn't make much sense. What would the re-make offer over the original other than a bump in visuals? if it was done, the trap elements would have to be preserved and the gore would have to be on a level never previously scene before.
InsaneFury

Post by InsaneFury »

and the gore would have to be on a level never previously scene before.
And this includes ROTT's nice \EKG cheat. :D
el zee

Post by el zee »

Here's yet another vid, showing some various ROTT things, such as moving walls, moving blade thingys, keys, the Firebomb.
I'm working on this map at the moment, that's why it's a bit bare.
I've completed 2 maps so far; with 2 about 75% done, and another 2 about 50%.

Any questions/comments - I am really happy to answer them.
Also thanks for all the nice comments so far!

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4WWhXKgt9JA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4WWhXKgt9JA&hl ... fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
qwerqsar

Post by qwerqsar »

Nice... just nice! :P
DenisBelmondo

Post by DenisBelmondo »

Whoa, looks just like the real thing; which of course was the point of this TC but still, this is impressive.
Dark-Assassin

Post by Dark-Assassin »

I am sure the FireBomb Launcher does not use the same firing sound of the DrunkMissile Launcher.
el zee

Post by el zee »

dark-slayer-201 wrote:I am sure the FireBomb Launcher does not use the same firing sound of the DrunkMissile Launcher.
You're right, I can't believe I missed that!
Dark-Assassin

Post by Dark-Assassin »

Anyway, it is good that you mastered converting most of the main ROTT things.
I have been extremely slowly doing a TC with more than ROTT can do, but I have have trouble with lots of things.
I may be able to use this as guidance when it is released.
janiform

Post by janiform »

jute wrote:This look wonderful. Will this be usable with other maps? It would be nice to play other wads with ROTT weapons and enemies.
el zee

Post by el zee »

jute wrote:
jute wrote:This look wonderful. Will this be usable with other maps? It would be nice to play other wads with ROTT weapons and enemies.
Yes, but you would probably have to put the objects in the maps yourself, because they don't replace doom2 objects.
hammer oz

Post by hammer oz »

el zee wrote:Here's yet another vid, showing some various ROTT things, such as moving walls, moving blade thingys, keys, the Firebomb.
I'm working on this map at the moment, that's why it's a bit bare.
I've completed 2 maps so far; with 2 about 75% done, and another 2 about 50%.

Any questions/comments - I am really happy to answer them.
Also thanks for all the nice comments so far!

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4WWhXKgt9JA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4WWhXKgt9JA&hl ... fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
hmm the moving blades look like there going abit to fast and as for the walls the sounds arent excactly the same but thats just me :)
apart from that it looks pretty good

also don't the lava walls to way more damage than that? there supposed to be pretty nasty :)
Last edited by hammer oz on Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
hammer oz

Post by hammer oz »

Oh and how is the ammunition going to be will it be like the original with the pistol and mp40 being unlimited and rockets weapons having ammo? Or will it be slightly modified to allow ammo pickups

oh and since where on the subject of rott (im sorry if this is off topic) but if you fellas want a few maps that are challenging here you go

enjoy :mrgreen:
http://rapidshare.com/files/38175516...fixed.zip.html
Zero X. Diamond

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

I certainly hope so! The unlimited ammo for the bullet-based weapons was pretty much KEY to the feel of ROTT. I'll be absolutely shattered if that's removed.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

By the way, shouldn't you also work on "Amulets and Armor" ... or whatever it was called?! :)
el zee

Post by el zee »

hammer oz wrote:
hmm the moving blades look like there going abit to fast and as for the walls the sounds arent excactly the same but thats just me :)
apart from that it looks pretty good

also don't the lava walls to way more damage than that? there supposed to be pretty nasty :)
Thanks, I'll fix those, I am working on stuff like that, bit by bit.
hammer oz wrote:Oh and how is the ammunition going to be will it be like the original with the pistol and mp40 being unlimited and rockets weapons having ammo? Or will it be slightly modified to allow ammo pickups

oh and since where on the subject of rott (im sorry if this is off topic) but if you fellas want a few maps that are challenging here you go

enjoy :mrgreen:
http://rapidshare.com/files/38175516...fixed.zip.html
That link seems to be broken :(

Yeah it's the same as rott except you can keep your missile weapons, instead of dropping and replacing. It actually works quite well.
Tormentor667 wrote:By the way, shouldn't you also work on "Amulets and Armor" ... or whatever it was called?! :)
Oh I can't believe anyone remembers that, I can't really do much with that it only works with zdoom96x and I couldn't get the sprites out of the aa files :(
Last edited by el zee on Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”