The Return of the Triad [TC] - some guy bumped this again

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
el zee

Re: The Return of the Triad [TC] - Back on track.

Post by el zee »

Thanks for all the nice comments. :)

here is a real short vid showing a few of the weapons.

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CEkB7ScAZL8&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CEkB7ScAZL8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Nice! :thumb:
qwerqsar

Post by qwerqsar »

I never played ROTT (you just introduced me to it), but why is it always eyes falling towards you? Ain't there arms (a thoot) or something else or was the game like that? Jus' curious... :grr:
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

qwerqsar wrote:I never played ROTT (you just introduced me to it), but why is it always eyes falling towards you? Ain't there arms (a thoot) or something else or was the game like that? Jus' curious... :grr:
I think folks just notice flying eyeballs a lot more easily. :blergh:
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

You even have the Dark staff in! Suh-weet.
ETTiNGRiNDER

Post by ETTiNGRiNDER »

This looks like something I'd like to give a play to when it's finished. Will the other gibs be added in, though? (especially the hand.)
ZDG

Post by ZDG »

HOLY SHIT, how did you code the gibs falling on the hud? TELL ME!
Zero X. Diamond

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

Since all the bosses from the original are dead, how are you going to handle them? Are you going to find some way to bring them back, or are you going to digitize new actors?
el zee

Post by el zee »

Zero X. Diamond wrote:Since all the bosses from the original are dead, how are you going to handle them? Are you going to find some way to bring them back, or are you going to digitize new actors?
Well, I have a few Ideas, I was planning to do at least one new boss - the only thing is it takes ages to Digitize people.

I was planning on doing a new robot of some sort, and possibly a mad scientist type guy, heh
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

If you really fee like editing, you could try adding attack rotations to the enemies. :)
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Why not add a new weapon to accompany the current ones. I was thinking a rifle, ya know for taking out enemies from a range.
InsaneFury

Post by InsaneFury »

Do your rocket type weapons function properly with mouseaim? My firewall worked fine when I tested it, until I chose to try out looking up/down... It somewhat works now, though when the flame dies, the explosion seems to be spawned at the ceiling. :P
el zee

Post by el zee »

InsaneFury wrote:Do your rocket type weapons function properly with mouseaim? My firewall worked fine when I tested it, until I chose to try out looking up/down... It somewhat works now, though when the flame dies, the explosion seems to be spawned at the ceiling. :P
Good question, I spent ages getting the firewall to work properly, it totally works fine if you aim up or down.
I only have one problem, that when it goes up steep slopes it starts to stop and then go backwards, but I'm working on that ATM.

I recently changed a lot of DECORATE stuff, because quite a few things were from 2005/6 when I was using zdoom96x - the mod is way better now.

Here's a video showing just the flamewall:
[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_YayFqT0Wpw&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_YayFqT0Wpw&hl ... fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
qwerqsar

Post by qwerqsar »

That looked nice. And no eyeballs falling, so it seems that this only happens depending on the weapon. Great job!
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Allow me to drop in and say that this looks bloody amazing... this is the sort of treatment I've always wanted to give to ROTT -- awesome how faithful it is to the original while still looking killer. Keep this up! :thumb:

I wonder what the original maps could look like if remastered like this... hmm...

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”