Megaman 8-Bit Deathmatch - Released!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Megaman 8-Bit Deathmatch

Postby Cutmanmike » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:00 am

When I have the main system down I will open this up as a community effort. I will probably open up a new forum on cutstuff. Might be inconvenient for some though. If you have a problem with an external forum, and would like to map, raise your hand.
Cutmanmike
Is it hot in here or is it just ZScript

Re: Megaman 8-Bit Deathmatch

Postby Cutmanmike » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:00 am

Bump!

As an attempt to boost motivation and interest in this WAD, I've decided to publicly release what I showed the private testers previously. This has not been tested in DM but feel free to host a server and give it a whirl.

http://cutstuff.net/files/MegaDMalpha.zip

Any feedback appreciated!

Note to private testers: This is exactly the same as the version you received so there's no reason to redownload it.
Cutmanmike

Re: Megaman 8-Bit Deathmatch - Public alpha released

Postby Amuscaria » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:11 am

Will try after my two exams! D:
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom

Postby DoomRater » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:25 am

Dang, I was hoping there'd be an update for everyone...
DoomRater
Hi, I'm bob.

Discord: DoomRater#6308

Postby Cutmanmike » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:30 am

Sorry! I'll start work on it again as soon as the GVH tour bus is over.
Cutmanmike

Postby CrystalWolf » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:59 am

I would totally map for this project. :)
CrystalWolf
dumb asshole

Postby chaoscentral » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:34 am

chaoscentral

Postby RabidZombie » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:43 pm

Saw this on Kotaku. Took a few seconds before I recognised the name. :P Nice work.
RabidZombie
In true ZDoom Very Fatal Error Ways... Die!

Postby thedemolitionist » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:00 am

Anyone interested in playing this game online, I am currently hosting a server. The name of my server is Mega Man [Jrockgame] Deathmatch

Here is a video from some highlights today.

thedemolitionist

Postby Cutmanmike » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:24 am

Ok it's been a really long time since I posted on this topic but I figured I'd do my update spamming here rather than the the WIP thread in off topic.

Every robot master level from Megaman 1 is done except Fireman's which I'm working on right now. Cutman and Gutsman's levels have been completely remade.

Originally I was going to have the weapons behave exactly as their 2D counterparts but after the alpha test it became apparent that the gameplay would suck (just watch the video above). So most of the weapons have been tweaked from the alpha to be more reasonable in the 3d environment. A good example is the Air Shooter, which previously shot 3 projectiles each being varying speeds, now shoots projectiles in 3 directions at the same speed (making it a shotgun kinda weapon). Seems Zippy had the right idea to begin with after all :yup: This also means no more temporary invincibility, as it REALLY slowed the game down. Now it's hectic and fun, just the way I wanted it.

Speaking of weapons, I've made a lot of em. I won't go into details but there's a list of what I've done on my forum that I will update often. I took leaf shield out for now because I'm not sure how I want to handle the shield weapons.

I also started Robot Master skins, which me and a few others have been working on. So far there's all the MM1 robot masters to choose from but I plan to make ALL of the 8-bit robot masters, because I know everyone has different favourites.

I will be asking people for help with Megaman2 maps soon! :)
Cutmanmike

Re: Megaman 8-Bit Deathmatch - Progress!

Postby Tormentor667 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:06 am

Brilliant.... :shock:
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby CaptainToenail » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:34 am

I don't really like Megaman but this still looks very impressive, even despite the 'eyeball-scalding' textures. Nice work :)
CaptainToenail

Postby Zippy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:27 pm

Cutmanmike wrote:Originally I was going to have the weapons behave exactly as their 2D counterparts but after the alpha test it became apparent that the gameplay would suck (just watch the video above). So most of the weapons have been tweaked from the alpha to be more reasonable in the 3d environment. A good example is the Air Shooter, which previously shot 3 projectiles each being varying speeds, now shoots projectiles in 3 directions at the same speed (making it a shotgun kinda weapon). Seems Zippy had the right idea to begin with after all
And don't you forget it! Image

Glad to hear on the progress. You did great work with GvH so the fact that you could churn out a fun and delightful Megaman themed deathmatch game given the time doesn't surprise me in the least.

Cutmanmike wrote:I will be asking people for help with Megaman2 maps soon! :)
Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!
Zippy
Your Golden Boy

Discord: Zurock#4834

Postby Cutmanmike » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:54 am

Because there's SO MANY weapons now (19) I've decided to do a training/practice map for checking them all out, as well as some extra stuff.

Cutmanmike

Postby Tormentor667 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:19 am

Oh yes :)
Tormentor667
needs more detail

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects