Dark-Assassin

Re: WHAT THE HELL are you working on

Post by Dark-Assassin »

Just Re-Making an old wad of mine.
Pics are Self Explainatory.
Spoiler:
Edit: Pics Spoilered

Link is here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?witfu4mvjzg
Last edited by Dark-Assassin on Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dutch Devil

Post by Dutch Devil »

I've been rebuilding an old map of mine from scratch that I made for the Annie project, I didn't liked the original anymore. This one turned out better, but its still nothing really amazing. I finished building the map, now I only need to work on gameplay. Then comes alot of playtesting, and maybe I'll release it eventually.
Spoiler:
Captain Proof

Post by Captain Proof »

@Dutch:That looks like it would be a damn good map

@Xaser:That's weird,I recently downloaded Chips Challenge and the sound works fine.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Hehe, did some more work on them today, though I'm a bit stuck in a few maps. I have around 6 or so to wrap up before it's done, which is the hardest stage since it feels so close... :P

Also, the maps aren't *quite* as hard as they look. STRANGE, maybe, but only because everything is bass-ackwards.

Re: the Vista sounds -- on my comp, at any rate, sounds work but there's a noticeable delay in movement every time a sound is played, making the game run really jerky. It's playable, but disorienting enough that I leave it off except for levels that really need it (i.e. KABLAM).
printz

Post by printz »

Xaser wrote:sounds work but there's a noticeable delay in movement every time a sound is played, making the game run really jerky.
Sounds just like IdTech 1 under Windows XP without DOSBox.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Ever since I saw Cutmanmike's Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch mod, I've been inspired to go back and work on my Maverick Hunter mod. Yesterday, I made a very crude design doc to figure out the basic stuff I want to add in the mod. Today, I finished the Vanguarder Buster's basic shot sprites and I am in the process of making the charge shot animation. I just need to figure out how to implement a health bar like the one from Mega Man X and also how to implement dashing.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

lizardcommando wrote:I just need to figure out how to implement a health bar like the one from Mega Man X and also how to implement dashing.
If you're willing to fudge with SBARINFO, you can easily create a health bar that looks and works similar to the standard Mega Man health bar. If you want it to function identically, however, it might take more work.
Blzut3

Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Blzut3 »

I had a pair of 3D glasses laying around so I had to do something with them.
Spoiler: Stereoscopic ZDoom
Unfortunately they're not the cyan-magenta ones, but green red (which I got with the movie Coraline) so the color is extra poor. The code is about as stable as a card tower so don't actually expect this to materialize into anything.

Edit: I played with this some more after taking that screen shot and I think I found a better eye position/angle. 2 degrees in, 6 units from center.
Last edited by Blzut3 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duducrazy

Post by Duducrazy »

what map is this on the screenshot?
Blzut3

Post by Blzut3 »

MAP07 of one of my brother's projects.
Dark-Assassin

Post by Dark-Assassin »

Blzut3 wrote:I had a pair of 3D glasses laying around so I had to do something with them.
Spoiler: Stereoscopic ZDoom
Unfortunately they're not the cyan-magenta ones, but green red (which I got with the movie Coraline) so the color is extra poor. The code is about as stable as a card tower so don't actually expect this to materialize into anything.

Edit: I played with this some more after taking that screen shot and I think I found a better eye position/angle. 2 degrees in, 6 units from center.
Is this using an external program???
or is it using ACS?
Because I would like a copy of it if it is either.
I have 3d glasses, but Iz3D doesn't work with any zdoom games, but it shows that the 3d stereo imaging as active though.

even if it is an external linux program. I can still use it.
Last edited by Dark-Assassin on Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blzut3

Post by Blzut3 »

No it's a source code modification that only works on Linux. I'm sure there's a memory leak and it crashes on just about everything (had to disable all 2D elements to get it to work). You can run around levels fine so I've attached the code if you insist. The following command should be able to apply the patch.

Code: Select all

patch -Np0 -i stereoscopic.diff
Make sure you start ZDoom on the map you want to view so "./zdoom +map E1M1" for example. If you leave the map or die it will crash. And as I said any 2D elements have been removed (so hud, weapon, menu, console).
Attachments
stereoscopic.zip
(2.55 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Dark-Assassin

Post by Dark-Assassin »

oh, ok then. I won't worry about it.
Do you think it will ever become stable?

Anyway, i still wish that Iz3D worked with zdoom and gzdoom.
Mechadon

Post by Mechadon »

I just finished up my latest, long in-progress Greenwar II detail job. Here are sum pikturz:

One
Two
Three
Four
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

Guess who can't rig today

Return to “Off-Topic”