ZHalloween [is this even still being worked on?!]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Mr. He11

Re: [Project] ZHalloween wad

Post by Mr. He11 »

I should be able to help test. :D
My email adress is
jorynk345@hotmail.com
crazyduplicate

Post by crazyduplicate »

BUMP
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

crazyduplicate wrote:BUMP
Do not do this
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Mind you, with 6 months to go, it might be a good time to give this project a little poke to see if it is still breathing rather than waiting until October and people getting indignant or sarcastic about it when there isn't actually time to finish it before Halloween - like what normally happens. :)
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

6 months and roughly 7 days and counting. :P

Kirby needs to be harassed more.

FINISH THIS KIRBY!!
hnsolo77

Post by hnsolo77 »

crazyduplicate wrote:BUMP
ODIN DAMMIT!

and here i thought kirby had updated and i would have a new beta to play with :(

edit - in case he did not get this the first time, 2 player 1 starts, i had to fix this, and i had other issues, but still pretty damn cool.

i should re-try it to see if i missed anything
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

People are still working on this thing?
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

*checks original post date*
Post by Kirby » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:14 pm
Holy damn. I think I was busy promoting HELLDOOM and posting key threads somewhere around that time. :O
Remmirath
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Remmirath »

If this ever gets finished, it will deserve a Mordeth Award.
farlowj

Post by farlowj »

Hmm, well, I guess I'm appearing again to make a quick post about ZHalloween and disappearing for a while again.

From what I understand, Kirby had a pretty well developed version of the wad, and was working on it pretty heavily, but then his laptop got stolen and he lost all of the files. This is sad. However, I still have a version on my hard drive, and I would be willing to share it on some conditions. It appears as if Kirby has been on the forums recently, he has just not posted in a while. If he reads this and does not want me to release my copy of the wad, I will not do so. But, I don't think I will have that much time to work on it, and I think some people would be interested in at least seeing what we have so far. So, I will upload my copy next week wednesday (May 6), unless there is a reason not to.

If someone wants to go ahead and finish the wad, and I have good reason to believe they will, they will get the wad and they can do what they want with it. If this happens, they will be the only one(s) to receive the wad.

Please let me know if this sounds fair/unfair or whatnot, or if someone wants to finish it (didn't Cutman mention he might want to do that?)
hnsolo77

Post by hnsolo77 »

unless kirby gives you a go ahead, DO NOT UPLOAD!

its his work, sure it would be nice to share it with others, but it would be an asshole move to just release it unless he explicitly allows it.

hell if all it needs is some finishing touches, i could probably do it myself as well. but i wont unless he shows up and asks me or anyone to do so, because doing so without permission would be an asshole move.
farlowj

Post by farlowj »

It is his work yes (some of it), but it was also a collaborative effort. At least from the build I have, 3 of the 8 maps were made exclusively by me, and an additional 2 were modified (the hub quite heavily) by me (plus I did various decorations and monsters). It would be nice if I could release my contributions, but to do so would give away about half of the mapset. From what I have (again, what he had before the laptop was stolen was probably quite a bit more), is one nearly complete and two very early stage maps by Kirby.

Even though Kirby was the project creator, we both were quite involved with it. I've tried to get in contact with him before about the build I have, but have not received a response since the laptop theft. That's why I'm not releasing it right now, but giving time for people to offer their opinions.

If I recall correctly, the main contributors to the project were Kirby, myself, Killer_of_Doom, Betasword, (Eriance did a couple of weapons or something) and WastedYouth (I'm sure there's more in there). I haven't seen most of them around for a while. It would be nice to get their opinions.
hnsolo77

Post by hnsolo77 »

ah, this i did not know, then ignore what i said.
BetaSword

Post by BetaSword »

Convenient that I decide to check out the forums today. Anyways, my opinion is: Do whatever. I didn't really have a very big (or very good) contribution to the project, as my mapping skills were never really up to par with everyone else's here. But I would eventually like to see it finished in some way or another. So if you guys can figure out how to do that, somehow, I'd say go for it. Who knows, maybe I'll brush off the old Doom Builder sometime soon and see if I even remember how to work it at all and help. But yeah. Whatever gets it done, I'd say.
farlowj

Post by farlowj »

Well, kind of as promised, but a couple days late. Here is what I have of ZHalloween wad. It is not complete by any means, it has not been tested for playability, but there is quite a bit there. I guess this is just to show that there was significant work done on it, but it just fizzled out before the project could be complete. DO NOT UPLOAD THIS TO IDGAMES. There is no text file included, so it should get rejected anyway. If someone wants to pick this up and run with it, I'll give them a list of all the contributors so credits can be properly placed. But for now, here is what I can remember of who did what:

Kirby - Project Lead, Maps 1, 3, 5 and part of the space one. Resource gathering, decorate.
Me - Maps 1, 2, 4, and intro. Minor decorate and music.
Killer_Of_Doom - Map 7, lots and lots of decorate.
Wasted_Youth, BetaSword - Map 1
Eriance - Monsters and Weapons
Others I forgot - Stuff they did that I forgot.

I won't be around that much to answer any questions, but I will pop in every couple days or so (which is about usual).

ZHalloween.zip - 17.58MB

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”