ZDoom: LSC Weapons pack V3 Ready for Download!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DavidB1000

Re: [WIP] LSC Weapons pack V3 Coming soon...

Post by DavidB1000 »

Uh-huh.
I found some odd way to get this mod to run with an older SVN, and I've noticed a few things playing up to CC3 Map07.

The M-60 is just awesome. I'm glad you're going to nerf the kick.
The M3 shotgun, it's about as powerful as a Supershotgun. :)
The normal shotgun is not so bad.
The Painkiller shotgun is awesome! That kills things dead.
The Painkiller chaingun's flashing is too distracting for me to use it reliably, also it's weak.

The Q2 rocketlauncher is nice
The Flak Cannon is useless, and those particles can get stuck in one place and make that bouncing noise for a thousand years. :)
The Devestator is beyond useless. It's ammo is impossible to find, not even a backpack help, and when you use it, it takes forever to damage a former human chaingunner or an imp. :(
It needs to be a lot more powerful.

That's all for now.
oODemonologistOo

Post by oODemonologistOo »

IIRC, devastator doesn't need ammo...
Lolo_is_cool

Post by Lolo_is_cool »

DavidB1000 wrote:Uh-huh.
I found some odd way to get this mod to run with an older SVN, and I've noticed a few things playing up to CC3 Map07.

The M-60 is just awesome. I'm glad you're going to nerf the kick.
The M3 shotgun, it's about as powerful as a Supershotgun. :)
The normal shotgun is not so bad.
The Painkiller shotgun is awesome! That kills things dead.
The Painkiller chaingun's flashing is too distracting for me to use it reliably, also it's weak.

The Q2 rocketlauncher is nice
The Flak Cannon is useless, and those particles can get stuck in one place and make that bouncing noise for a thousand years. :)
The Devestator is beyond useless. It's ammo is impossible to find, not even a backpack help, and when you use it, it takes forever to damage a former human chaingunner or an imp. :(
It needs to be a lot more powerful.

That's all for now.
As i said the Devastator was just a try (you should read before downloading :? :? :? ).
the Flak cannon is now more powerfull and the infinite bounce isn't infinite anymore
the M3 shotgun was removed, since the hands aren't like caleb's
the Painkiller Chaingun is not weak, it's 3 times more powerful than the normal Doom chaingun, so, your opinion is totally wrong...
that's all for now...
Lolo_is_cool

Post by Lolo_is_cool »

Sorry for Double edit.
For everyone who wants to know who Caleb really is just read this topic:

The game's hero (or anti-hero) is a man named Caleb (voiced by Stephan Weyte), once the supreme commander of a cult called "The Cabal", worshippers of the forgotten god Tchernobog (voiced by Monolith CEO Jason Hall, who was credited simply as "The Voice"). Although the backstory was not delineated within the game itself, the Monolith website and a readme text document presented the few facts known about Caleb's early career.

Already known as a merciless gunfighter in the late 19th Century American West, Caleb joined the Cabal in 1871 after meeting Ophelia Price, a woman who may have murdered her husband and children before joining the Cabal; it is implied that she later became Caleb's lover. Together they rose to the highest circle of the dark cult, "The Chosen", until all four members of The Chosen were betrayed and killed by Tchernobog for unspecified failures in the god's name. An unspecified number of years later, declaring, "I live...AGAIN!," (a reference to the film Army of Darkness) Caleb mysteriously rises from his grave seeking vengeance and answers, in no particular order. Blood will flow as he treks across the world through various Cabal strongholds and back to the "Hall of the Epiphany", a temple where the dark god is found.

Garbed in a black trenchcoat and broad-brimmed hat, his eyes glowing red, Caleb immediately begins his quest of ridding the world of the minions of Tchernobog. Caleb is a cynical, sarcastic man with a bent towards sadism, taking pleasure in killing almost anything that may impede his quest. Though his "pleasure in pain" obviously removes consideration of Caleb as a true hero, he does have a slight attitude change between Blood and its sequel Blood II where he begins to show more tolerance for innocent bystanders.
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

the Painkiller Chaingun is not weak, it's 3 times more powerful than the normal Doom chaingun, so, your opinion is totally wrong...
Well, the bright flash from it might as well be removed, otherwise I won't use it. It's the only weapon with such an ugly flash. :(
And besides, it may be powerful, but it still takes awhile to kill monsters with it. Hmm, I tested it, while dealing with imps and stuff, it's good, but a baron of hell still takes almost the same amount of bullets as the normal chaingun.
For reference, the chaingun takes 100 bullets to kill a Baron in Doom, your Painkiller Chaingun takes about 75. :)
This is not 3 times. The M-60 takes a little more than 50 to kill one.
Mancubi and Aranchnotrons take around 30 to 40.
Again, definitely not 3 times damage.
OH ,yeah, the dual SMGs have a damage output greater than it should have. :) Right now, it's up there with the M-60, Also, the single one does very low damage. While dual SMGs do about 4 times that.

Also, Graf says that the reason the Razorjack crashes is because the game doesn't handle it only having a secondary ammo. :)
So, that bug is fixed. :)
oODemonologistOo

Again, IIRC the flash used by PKMG is the same as PKSG and some other weapons, such as M3...
Lolo_is_cool

Post by Lolo_is_cool »

DavidB1000 wrote:
Well, the bright flash from it might as well be removed, otherwise I won't use it. It's the only weapon with such an ugly flash. :(
And besides, it may be powerful, but it still takes awhile to kill monsters with it. Hmm, I tested it, while dealing with imps and stuff, it's good, but a baron of hell still takes almost the same amount of bullets as the normal chaingun.
For reference, the chaingun takes 100 bullets to kill a Baron in Doom, your Painkiller Chaingun takes about 75. :)
This is not 3 times. The M-60 takes a little more than 50 to kill one.
Mancubi and Aranchnotrons take around 30 to 40.
Again, definitely not 3 times damage.
OH ,yeah, the dual SMGs have a damage output greater than it should have. :) Right now, it's up there with the M-60, Also, the single one does very low damage. While dual SMGs do about 4 times that.

Also, Graf says that the reason the Razorjack crashes is because the game doesn't handle it only having a secondary ammo. :)
So, that bug is fixed. :)
Well, i can't increase his power anymore.... if i do it, everyone starts saying "it's too overpowered" and things like that and for some reason it's annoying :|
Also i said 3 times just for saying that it's more powerful than a normal chaingun, after all, that weapon is specified to kill low class monsters, and the PKRifle is the main weapon who replaces the chaingun :lol:
I don't go viewing how much ammo i spend to kill a baron.. if things are like that, i will make The ammos with more bullets (ex. the new clip will keep max. 900 bullets)

@oODemonologistOo
Well, where's the problem? Since i didn't have so much time i made the same muzzle for the weapons without a muzzle on the sprites, increasing/decreasing the magnitude for bigger/smaller weapons :D
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

I could really care less about the ammo, but, really, just nerf the blast/flash from firing the painkiller chaingun. That flash is so huge that I literally can't see if I hit a target. Unless you know, it falls over dead.
At the moment, that weapon is useless. :)
It's damage is fine. I just wanted to point out to you that it's brightness level is 9000 because of how annoying that flash from the fire is.

I mean, all the weapons have that flash, and it does need to dropped down on most of them. Seriously, most guns don't produce that powerful of a flash. It looks like you're using nuclear bullets...
Lolo_is_cool

Post by Lolo_is_cool »

DavidB1000 wrote:I could really care less about the ammo, but, really, just nerf the blast/flash from firing the painkiller chaingun. That flash is so huge that I literally can't see if I hit a target. Unless you know, it falls over dead.
At the moment, that weapon is useless. :)
It's damage is fine. I just wanted to point out to you that it's brightness level is 9000 because of how annoying that flash from the fire is.

I mean, all the weapons have that flash, and it does need to dropped down on most of them. Seriously, most guns don't produce that powerful of a flash. It looks like you're using nuclear bullets...
Now do not exagerate -. -"
Also, the right usage of the weapon makes it useful...
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

OKay fine, I won't, but please, consider at least nerfing the flash from the Painkiller chaingun? Okay? Do that and I'll not bother you again.
Lolo_is_cool

Post by Lolo_is_cool »

DavidB1000 wrote:OKay fine, I won't, but please, consider at least nerfing the flash from the Painkiller chaingun? Okay? Do that and I'll not bother you again.
I hope so.... i already got a bad eye on you, since you constricted Imp Hunter to modify MY Quake Rocket Launcher to become in a general D3RL
and i DID NOT LIKE IT >:(

EDIT: the V3 is ready for download
check it out :wink:
Imp Hunter

Post by Imp Hunter »

Lolo_is_cool wrote:
DavidB1000 wrote:OKay fine, I won't, but please, consider at least nerfing the flash from the Painkiller chaingun? Okay? Do that and I'll not bother you again.
I hope so.... i already got a bad eye on you, since you constricted Imp Hunter to modify MY Quake Rocket Launcher to become in a general D3RL
and i DID NOT LIKE IT >:(

EDIT: the V3 is ready for download
check it out :wink:
Hey, hey, come on, i just did it because i aways wanted a D3RL, also, the code is the same what you made :lol:

EDIT: This new version is just...AWESOME! The Gib Effect, all these new weapons, THE GODDAMNT DEMON TRANSFORMATION!! ...i came
But you overloaded the gib generator, try to downgrade the number of gibs :roll:
oODemonologistOo

Re: [WIP] LSC Weapons pack V3 Ready for Download!

Monsters have problems with seeing the player. I've been playing on plutonia.wad and none of them react when they see me unless I get really close to them or shoot.

EDIT : Some minor problems, sawed-off shotgun's primary fire is more useful than the secondary attack of it. With primary, I need 7 shots to kill a baron, making 7 shells. With alternative, I need 4 shots, making 8 shells to kill a baron. This makes no sense :/
The purifier is using cell ammo. A custom "mana" for it would be nice. M60 plays some bullet hitting ground sound but I see no bullet... :shock: The muzzleflash spawned by magnum is way too low on the screen. Gzdoom somehow crashed when I died with the Powerslave's mummy staff.
Mr.Green

Post by Mr.Green »

This is what I think for latest version.

- Painkiller
This is really nice weapon.Could you just add maybe ammo for seconday fire?
- Motorbike
Otherwise nice weapon,but is those duke nukem hands holding the bike?
- Flare Gun
Nice explosion effects.BTW,where's the small flare that damages few seconds later after it sticks to the enemy?
- Magnum Revolver
I have nothing negative to say about this.Nice that you add caleb's hands to it.
- Pistol
Nothing bad to say about this one...wait...maybe you can minimize caleb's hands a little?
- Painkiller Shotgun
Nice and strong weapon but it reloads a bit too fast.
- Sawed-Off Shotgun
Good weapon,tough infact,the primary fire is better than secondary,as Demonologist already stated it.
- Quake 4 Shotgun
Fastest shotgun I think.Nothing bad to say.
- Painkiller Machinegun
I really wonder what David mean.This is really three times stronger than the original Doom machinegun.
- MG60 Light Machinegun
Good desing,tough you can set that the caleb cannot move when he's shooting with MG60.
- Quake 2 Nailgun
Fine weapon,but I noticed that there's still Quake 2 Guy holding the gun.
- Quake 3 Machinegun
Nothing bad on the weapon,tough it's quite similar as other machineguns are.
- Hexen 2 Purifier
Nice staffie,but I noticed that it doensn't have explosion damage.
- Quake 2 Rocket Launcher
Nice effects but the rocket's explosion doesn't bright.
- Flak Cannon
Good that you removed the forever shot bouncing.I still think that you can increase a bit the damage.
- Snake Staff
Good and strong weapon having also nice effects.
- Quake 2 Railgun
Well done weapon,tough in the ready state looks little weird since the caleb somehow...rape the weapon continously.
- Duke Nukem Plasma Thingy
I have nothing bad to say about this weapon...
- Doom 3 Plasma Rifle
Very strong weapon...almost overpowered but that's not bad thing.
- Soul Cube
Strong weapon,but in ready state will be nice if the cube rolls.
- Power Staff
Overpowered,but that's why it's slot 7.
- Dark Matter Gun
Very very very strong weapon.Nuff' said.
- BFG Thingy
Nice effects on the weapon,tough the damage can be increased (I killed baron of hell in six shots)

Those what I said...many of them was quite small problems,so I don't mean that all of them must be fix. :D
Nightmare Doom

Post by Nightmare Doom »

There's one small problem with the new version

why do the bodies disappear(except the gibs)? could you make a new version where the bodies don't disappear (because it's really unnecessary in Doom) and have the souls just drop like normal items?
Last edited by Nightmare Doom on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:57 am, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”