ScoreDoom v1.99r3B

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DavidB1000

Re: ScoreDoom v1.98r7e

Post by DavidB1000 »

Well, Beta 3 was enough for me. No more noticeable lag. :)
Keep up the good work, because it's a great mod. :)
NovaDragon

Post by NovaDragon »

I was wondering if maybe in later versions, it would be possible to upgrade bosses? Just for the Cyber and spider classes as everything tops out at 4k hp and that can sometimes make it a little easy. I'm not saying full regular hp either (considering 7k on an annihilator and his rocket speeds = death for you!) but maybe up some of there hp a little maybe breaching 6k tops or so. This is just to give a little challenge for some of the bosses that may seem easier but again that's all up to you. Either way like David said, this is a really awesome mod and I hope it never dies out as it tops my favorite charts.
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

Since now using custom monsters drops health & armor, I agree, perhaps the custom bosses can be made tougher.

Again thanks for the feedback. I have the proper fix in for the lag ready for the next public release as well as a ton of other tweaks.
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

Also,
Oh, a hillarious moment earlier, I was lucky and with the chainsaw, grabbed a quad damage bonus, and gibbed an imp! I didn't even think it was possible to do that with the Chainsaw at all. That's awesome!

I thought it was okay to repeat this ,because it was cool. I didn't think the chainsaw had the Extreme death flag on it. Or the Supershotgun, which would make more sense.

How about eventually adding newer classes of weapons and armor. Not just half damage, or Quad Damage, or anything like that. But basically newer weapons. Mostly the boss classes should drop them. I don't know. Or maybe as a reward for hitting a certain score? Little things like that might be interesting. I mean, you don't have to, or anything, but it would be something to think of for the future.
BilboHicks

Re: ScoreDoom v1.99

Post by BilboHicks »

ScoreDoom v1.99 released (changes below)
New add-on pack as well.
Special thanks to Edward850, NovaDragon & DavidB1000 for the time spent QAing and beta-testing!!

download from the usual url: http://www.scoredoom.com

I plan for this to be my last release for some time (famous last words!). Though I'm planning on adding an optional add-on wad for making the bosses harder.

Changes in 1.99
Major bug fix for older (and sometimes newer) computers where the super shotgun (and shotgun) caused lag in the game. Multiple damage
messages per tic to monsters is accumulated over the tic for a player instead of writing multiple times to the console per tic. This
can be turned off for oldskool damage console messages by setting sd_alt_con_scoring=false (not recommended!)

Major fix for hub intermission screens and finale screens, where the proper sd par time for the full hub, as well the the proper
wad score is displayed. Level scores are not shown anymore for hub intermission and finale screens, since they make no sense there :-)

Tweaks to the sd par time calculations for more sensible par times.

Minor tweaks to the damage scoring (getting rid of occasional '+0' scores)

Fix for minor memory leak problem.

Added a new monster and some tweaks to some other monsters in the sdmonsters wad.

@DavidB1000: I dont plan on adding any new weapons beyond the smartbomb unfortunately.

@NovaDragon: I plan on adding an optional wad download which will make all the bosses tougher. Hopefully fairly soon, depending on how much time I have, since I've spent too much time working on this patch!
BilboHicks

Re: ScoreDoom v1.99

Post by BilboHicks »

Sorry for the double post.
I re-uploaded the v1.99 exe file, since the initial version had some debug messages left in it.
BilboHicks

Re: ScoreDoom v1.99r2

Post by BilboHicks »

ScoreDoom v1.99r2 released
Decided to add support for optional harder bosses when using custom monsters, due to a request from NovaDragon.

Using the sdmonstershardboss wad from the 1.99r2 addonpack will increase the health of bosses by typically 150%.

Chain Bonuses are now more rewarding to go for, with a minimum of +12 instead of +5. Something I forgot to add in the last build.

download from here: http://www.scoredoom.com
Eisenfaust1986

Post by Eisenfaust1986 »

I noticed that whenever I kill one of those white, ghostly "baron of hell"-type monsters (cannot recall what they are named), ScoreDoom keeps crashing (it only does this when I kill one of them and ALWAYS does it exactly at that moment). Maybe you might want to go into the engine and see if you can replicate this problem.

Thanks for your help.

Eisenfaust1986
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

Eisenfaust1986 wrote:I noticed that whenever I kill one of those white, ghostly "baron of hell"-type monsters (cannot recall what they are named), ScoreDoom keeps crashing (it only does this when I kill one of them and ALWAYS does it exactly at that moment). Maybe you might want to go into the engine and see if you can replicate this problem.
Thanks for your help.
Eisenfaust1986
You are probably referring to the Phantom. Could you tell me which wad/pwad and level this happens at, as well as skill level? Also where at in the level would be helpful.
I take it if you spawn a phantom by typing in 'summon Phantom' and killing it, the game doesnt crash?

I have also found a bug in multiplayer involving how the points are tallied. The leaderscore can get out of synch for both players for some reason. I think it has something to do with how some of the 'new' objective based scoring code (end of level exit & keycard) is working in MP. This is possibly causing an out of synch error, when an infighting bonus is scored when both players are out of synch. I definitely need to play more MP.

Edit: found the bug. Its how I'm scoring chain bonuses. Its a very simple fix thankfully, and it looks like it was also causing another bug someone reported once where the suicide/infighting bonuses grew exponentially (due to the out of sync scores on the clients).
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

Well, it's better to crash the game then have lag with a Supershotgun. :)
Seriously though, as I've said before, the programer's axom, 99 bugs in the code, take one away, recompile the code, 360 bugs in the code. :)

Keep toughing through these crashes, and eventually, you'll create a masterpiece. Although you may not add new guns, maybe somehow you could add support for older? weapons mods? Unless that would be as easy as telefragging someone in real life. :twisted:
Eisenfaust1986

Post by Eisenfaust1986 »

The phantom crashes the game in Memento Mori MAP05, Hell's Kitchen, in the hallway where I originally would have encountered a Baron of Hell that proceeds to the alcove with the red key door on the right and a pool of acid through the door on the other side (all of this is single player on Ultra Violence difficulty). Is that any help to you?

EDIT: Whoops! It seems I didn't quite read your post all the way. Thanks for finding the fix to the problem.
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

Eisenfaust1986 wrote:The phantom crashes the game in Memento Mori MAP05, Hell's Kitchen, in the hallway where I originally would have encountered a Baron of Hell that proceeds to the alcove with the red key door on the right and a pool of acid through the door on the other side (all of this is single player on Ultra Violence difficulty). Is that any help to you?

EDIT: Whoops! It seems I didn't quite read your post all the way. Thanks for finding the fix to the problem.
No, my bug fixes were not for that. I believe I encountered the Phantom where you said it was, I killed it, but I didnt get a crash.
btw, Phantoms replace Hell Knights, not Baron of Hells anymore, so make sure you are using the latest version.
If you are, then could you send your zdoom-<username>.ini to gkrantz~AT~gmail.com? I will take a closer look at your settings when I have time.
EDIT: Also let me know if you are using the sdmonstershardboss wad. If so, try removing it and see if that helps.
The only ghostly white baron of hell type creature I can think of, is the Phantom. The Cybruiser is white, but not ghostly.

I found a couple of major bugs with chain bonuses corrupting MP. They are fixed, After extensive playtesting, MP should be A-OK now. Will upload another fix soon.
NovaDragon

Post by NovaDragon »

Yeppers, just played through half of Hell Revealed on the easy difficulty and i must say I had no problems whatsoever. It seems like everything works perfectly and I really like the wad that makes the difficulty higher and it scares me fighting a Bormereth with 1600 Hp! Definitely keep up the great work and Ill keep play testing for bugs and such. So far though everything is perfect and I love it! Not much honestly that i can request for (except possibly something like the hardoom wad that can affect all enemies but that doesn't really bother me not having it) just keep up the great work and hoping to see more enemy additions when they become available! (By the way, i haven't seen any crashes either) Kudos my friends! :D
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

Cheers. Glad its all working for you :). I'm relieved that the 'new' MP scoring bugs are finally quashed. My plan is to have the next release as the last one for the 1.x version of the mod. Going to do a bit more MP testing this evening, and hopefully I will get it released tonight. The addon pack will be updated yet again; The armored imp's missiles have been toughened up. I dont see me adding anything significant to the scoring/gameplay which I'm happy with.

For 2.x, if and when that is released, I'm hoping to add something very cool to the mod, to make those SP hi scores more worthwhile.
BilboHicks

Re: ScoreDoom v1.99r3

Post by BilboHicks »

v1.99r3 released.
download from http://www.scoredoom.com

Contains a couple of critical multiplayer (coop) fixes. The Add on pack has been updated;improvement to the Armored Imp.
Thats it. Multiplayer should be fine now.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”