[RELEASE] Cold As Hell: Special Edition (final version!)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Mr. He11

Re: [RELEASE] Cold As Hell: Special Edition (final version!)

Post by Mr. He11 »

Wow, it's really good! I'm really feeling that music :D
Just a few things... Maybe it would be a good idea if it cut to the action right after the toilet part, and that you not show the imp in there, just so people can figure it out themselves :D
Other than that, it's awesome
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

There is a bug i found in the latest release. The Hp bar won't show up, but the rest of the hud do. I have the latest GZdoom version(Stable, that is).
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Bouncy wrote:EDIT: Scratch that, it's done! It's done, done, done done done.
Very nice. It captures pretty much exactly the mood of the mod. My only reservations are that it almost acts as a spoiler for the first "shock" of the monsters appearing in the bathroom but it's not a total give away and, perhaps, I might have included something from the 'plane or the crash (if I had the skills to do it in the first place). However, it really gives a good feel of what CAH is like.

Don't suppose you fancy doing something similar for a little mod set on a beach and railway line near Burghead do you? ;)

What software do you use?
Dancso

Post by Dancso »

Cool trailer, the last clip "available now, see description for link" might be a bit too long though :P
BouncyTEM
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

Enjay wrote:
Very nice. It captures pretty much exactly the mood of the mod. My only reservations are that it almost acts as a spoiler for the first "shock" of the monsters appearing in the bathroom but it's not a total give away and, perhaps, I might have included something from the 'plane or the crash (if I had the skills to do it in the first place). However, it really gives a good feel of what CAH is like.
I actually DID include something from the plane and the crash, at the beginnig, but because the plane's so dark now, you can't really see the clip well.
Don't suppose you fancy doing something similar for a little mod set on a beach and railway line near Burghead do you? ;)
Uh-oh, now you're requesting one? :P
Gee, which mod? :P
What software do you use?
Everything was compiled together in Cyberlink Powerdirector, fancy text effects were done in Vision Lab Studio.
Dancso wrote:Cool trailer, the last clip "available now, see description for link" might be a bit too long though :P
Done intentionally because longer videos = higher quality on youtube. I wish I knew why they did that, it's so annoying when you upload a 100 MB 1:35 long trailer and a 120 MB 4:17 trailer and the 4:17 one looks godly in comparison.

And just to address my view on the whole toilet issue...Who here hasn't actually played CAH already? Who doesn't know that's coming from a mile away?
While there's still a few that haven't, no doubt, those that haven't would still figure out what they'll be fighting from the rest of the trailer anyway, will they not?
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

I haven't played it yet. ;)
Dancso

Post by Dancso »

Blade Nightflame wrote:I haven't played it yet. ;)
Go ahead and play it then. ;)
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

I've only just made it to the central hub myself, but I am enjoying it so far (bit hard, but oh well) and will probably play through to the end if it keeps a similar style.
JonayaRiley

Post by JonayaRiley »

Enjay wrote:And, also, I noticed that it is possible for the guys in the jeep to die with no adverse effects: the vehicle keeps moving, the dead guys keep talking, the level completes. OK, OK, I used MDK to kill them :P but can it happen without cheating?
No, it isn't possible to kill them without cheating. They're flagged as invulnerable to damage at the beginning of the level.

I'll leave the other stuff, since it's pretty minor. The imp bug is actually due to how the "ressurrecting imps" are handled.

Out of curiosity, where was that sky tree in MAP02? I can't seem to reproduce it or find where it would actually be.

@Bouncy: I'll check out the trailer once I'm somewhere I can see Youtube.

@doomhunter: You don't have the GZDoom alternate HUD enabled, do you? If so, that is an intentional feature so the HP bar doesn't obscure the GZDoom HUD letters. If I had to guess, I'd say you've got the alternate HUD enabled and you maximized the screen so the letters dissappear. Either turn it off from the options or make it so you can see the GZDoom HUD and you should be fine.

@Phobus: Yep, the game style is pretty similar throughout.

@Arch: It's a bug in the ACS. Whoo, another upload! Still, nothing game-breaking so I'll put it up today.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

JonnyFive wrote:Out of curiosity, where was that sky tree in MAP02? I can't seem to reproduce it or find where it would actually be.
See my screenshot? See the numbers in the top right corner? That's the exact location I was standing when I took the screenshot. The only thing not recorded is the view angle. (ie I had IDMYPOS active).

To go immediately to that location, start the map, open the console and type warp X Y where X and Y are the X and Y coords shown in the screenshot. I'm not sure because the "keys" graphic obscures it slightly but that would be something like warp -1265 -1122 in this case.
JonayaRiley

Post by JonayaRiley »

All righty, and we're good to go. I had a minute at work, so I managed to get an upload slot on idgames with the final final version. If it weren't for the bleeding bug, I would've told you all to shove it ( :wink: ), but it's like 5 minutes to fix a gameplay-fucking-up bug and the stuff you pointed out, Enjay. :) Ty probably thinks I'm out of my fucking gourd by now, this being the fourth upload of this mod.

Now back to the exciting world of insurance.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

JonnyFive wrote:Ty probably thinks I'm out of my glomping gourd by now, this being the fourth upload of this mod.
Download manager, start your engines... ;)

Fourth upload to idgames? I think compared to the version upload frenzy that Beautiful Doom went through in recent weeks that's small change. :)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Enjay wrote:
JonnyFive wrote:Ty probably thinks I'm out of my glomping gourd by now, this being the fourth upload of this mod.
Download manager, start your engines... ;)

Fourth upload to idgames? I think compared to the version upload frenzy that Beautiful Doom went through in recent weeks that's small change. :)
And that guy that kept uploading CDoom years ago.
JonayaRiley

Post by JonayaRiley »

Yeah, well, considering CAH is about 50 megs... :)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

True. Beautiful Doom would have to be uploaded something like 13 times for every one of your uploads. ;)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”