ZHalloween [is this even still being worked on?!]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
User avatar
Kirby
Posts: 2697
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:23 pm

Re: [Project] ZHalloween wad

Post by Kirby »

Well, I sent him a PM, so one can only hope :P I need him before I finish what it is I am doing here :P
User avatar
Dancso
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:39 am
Location: at home.. Status: lazy like hell

Re: [Project] ZHalloween wad

Post by Dancso »

Kirby wrote:Well, I sent him a PM, so one can only hope :P I need him before I finish what it is I am doing here :P
So can we hope a realease soon? Even if a bit late? I don't want to wait another year, duh. :P
User avatar
Caz
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: [Project] ZHalloween wad

Post by Caz »

Bump for another missed release date.
User avatar
Dancso
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:39 am
Location: at home.. Status: lazy like hell

Re: [Project] ZHalloween wad

Post by Dancso »

I feel a bit invisible here D:

Why is it such a big deal to be released at halloween? As i said earlier not all countries got halloween and it would be played at other times also. Many people will miss it on halloween and play it a bit later also... Halloween is pretty much a childish day, there's nothing to be afraid of.. Then why would this wad give me a better heart attack than on say, july 15th?

It's name being zhalloween and the fact that it might contain "spooky" pumpkins doesn't mean it's deadly connected to halloween.

(Said it again because i didnt see anyone replying to it)
User avatar
Captain Ventris
Posts: 4596
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:25 pm
Location: St. Louis, Missouri

Re: [Project] ZHalloween wad

Post by Captain Ventris »

Dancso wrote:It's name being zhalloween and the fact that it might contain "spooky" pumpkins doesn't mean it's deadly connected to halloween.
Well, uh...
User avatar
Dancso
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:39 am
Location: at home.. Status: lazy like hell

Re: [Project] ZHalloween wad

Post by Dancso »

Captain Ventris wrote:
Dancso wrote:It's name being zhalloween and the fact that it might contain "spooky" pumpkins doesn't mean it's deadly connected to halloween.
Well, uh...
No, seriously. I'd decide to make a zchristmas wad, and wont let you play it on other times than it, and would only release it in 2086 christmas. BLARG. How stupid is that?

Would it make a bigger hit if it were released on halloween? I don't think so.
User avatar
Captain Ventris
Posts: 4596
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:25 pm
Location: St. Louis, Missouri

Re: [Project] ZHalloween wad

Post by Captain Ventris »

Dancso wrote:
Captain Ventris wrote:
Dancso wrote:It's name being zhalloween and the fact that it might contain "spooky" pumpkins doesn't mean it's deadly connected to halloween.
Well, uh...
No, seriously. I'd decide to make a zchristmas wad, and wont let you play it on other times than it, and would only release it in 2086 christmas. BLARG. How stupid is that?
Well, it's stupid because you've taken 78 years to make it, not because you wanted to release a Christmas wad on Christmas. If you finish it a couple days later, than release it, but it could easily be forgotten for being a seasonal wad if completely out of season.
User avatar
Caz
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: [Project] ZHalloween wad

Post by Caz »

The problem is this project is not going anywhere. I know how it works, how easy it is to bullshit the public, and after 4 years it's hard to think otherwise about this.
User avatar
Dancso
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:39 am
Location: at home.. Status: lazy like hell

Re: [Project] ZHalloween wad

Post by Dancso »

Captain Ventris wrote:Well, it's stupid because you've taken 78 years to make it, not because you wanted to release a Christmas wad on Christmas. If you finish it a couple days later, than release it, but it could easily be forgotten for being a seasonal wad if completely out of season.
Seasonal wad... hmm...
Miss Baguette suicided on the 5th of july, because she was on holiday for a week and just came back on 5th, she couldn't play the zjuly4th wad she eagerly wanted to play that year so she suicided because she didnt want to wait another year
User avatar
Kirby
Posts: 2697
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:23 pm

Re: [Project] ZHalloween wad

Post by Kirby »

Holy crap, I'm just about ready to pull my hair out! (not from the forum posters :P )

I have spent this last week seriously trying to get this demo out which I had Caligari test but I've been consistently been bombarded by Doom Builder's lovely "Error 5" in Vista. I can't edit the scripts properly, I need to fix the map info, and there's still a bit of tweaking to be done to the map itself.

If there are still people not angry with me who would like to help beta test the demo, PLEASE let me know! Post in this thread (not PM, three people's PM's got fucked up last time and I still can't read them) and I'll send you an email with the appropriate info/wads. Mainly, I just need to get it to people who can help me edit it w/o any crashing problems (that I keep suffering) and then test it to make sure it's all ok :)

Next: ZHalloween wins the coveted Mordeth award after finally being relased in 2020! :P
User avatar
Dancso
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:39 am
Location: at home.. Status: lazy like hell

Re: [Project] ZHalloween wad

Post by Dancso »

Kirby wrote:Holy crap, I'm just about ready to pull my hair out! (not from the forum posters :P )

I have spent this last week seriously trying to get this demo out which I had Caligari test but I've been consistently been bombarded by Doom Builder's lovely "Error 5" in Vista.

If there are still people not angry with me...
That's what you get for using Vista.

Not angry btw, just sad at the curse of a wad being seasonal.. BLARG
User avatar
Kirby
Posts: 2697
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:23 pm

Re: [Project] ZHalloween wad

Post by Kirby »

Dancso wrote: That's what you get for using Vista.
No, that's what I get for lending my laptop to a friend and having it stolen. Vista wasa forced option, not a choice :(

Anywho, still looking for the help if possible
User avatar
Dancso
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:39 am
Location: at home.. Status: lazy like hell

Re: [Project] ZHalloween wad

Post by Dancso »

Kirby wrote:
Dancso wrote: That's what you get for using Vista.
No, that's what I get for lending my laptop to a friend and having it stolen. Vista wasa forced option, not a choice :(

Anywho, still looking for the help if possible
That makes things different :shock:
I'd still prefer DOS instead of Vista ... Just kidding

I'd gladly help, but i don't want to spoil anything for myself :(
User avatar
hnsolo77
Posts: 1446
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:06 pm
Location: the mythical land of Toronto Canada. (not really)

Re: [Project] ZHalloween wad

Post by hnsolo77 »

ill test!

and since i have XP if you want some scripts put in give em to me in a text file and ill add them myself, if that will help at all

i should be around tomorrow to check on a reply
User avatar
Kirby
Posts: 2697
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:23 pm

Re: [Project] ZHalloween wad

Post by Kirby »

hnsolo77 wrote:ill test!

and since i have XP if you want some scripts put in give em to me in a text file and ill add them myself, if that will help at all

i should be around tomorrow to check on a reply
Hey! sorry for the late reply, got backed up with school projects.

Sounds perfect! I'll drop you an email with all the stuff and you can test to let me know what else could need taking care of :)

EDIT: Actually, I just realized I need to wait for you to give your emai :mono: Since I'm still a bit busy, you can email me at blanketboy25 AT yahoo DOT com

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”