Hellspawn demo 4

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
LilWhiteMouse

Hellspawn demo 4

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Still a work in progress. This version was primarily to get the Marine Berserker working.

http://home.midmaine.com/~lilwhitemo/hspawn.zip

I didn't like the Dark Servant artifact, so I scripted the Marine Berserker instead. Unfortunatly, that means you need to setup a key (in the controls menu) to use it. When/if you have access to him, hitting the key will drop a beacon where you stand. The berserker will teleport in at the beacon five seconds later, so you'll need to step aside. Also, make sure to drop it someplace where he has enough room to teleport in.

To fearlessly face any foe, the berserker is drugged up before each deployment. As such, he can only be used five times before his brain is completely scrambled. As his stability decreases, I'm thinking of adding in an increasing random chance he'll go rogue and teleport in a normal Minotaur actor instead of the MinotaurFriend.
Last edited by LilWhiteMouse on Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zell

Post by Zell »

downloading now...
Zell

Post by Zell »

:shock: awesom =)
but, i found bug. (im a dirty little cheater ^_^ )
I used IDKFA to check out the weapons, and the..umm...i dunno what it is but its like a BFG that shoots three rounds...same slot as the fast BFG..anyway when i shot it ZDoom quit and gave me a very fatal error. other then that its awesome
loved the boss fight in the bus depot ^_^ and new monster, especially that super shotgun wielding marine =0 (he kicked my ass lol )
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Zell wrote:but, i found bug.
I forgot about that. I didn't replace all the sprites for everything, and on some machines that causes ZDoom to crash. It doesn't happen for me though, so it's difficult to address.

Nigel/Biff: Would you mind sending me your fix wad(s)? I'll go through them and replace what I'm missing with blank sprites.
Zell

Post by Zell »

oh..i found another bug =p
in the area after you get the red key in the first map, the monsters that shoot blue balls, they also cause zdoom to crash right after the lgithing balls hit.
Biff

Post by Biff »

LilWhiteMouse wrote:
Zell wrote:but, i found bug.
I forgot about that. I didn't replace all the sprites for everything, and on some machines that causes ZDoom to crash. It doesn't happen for me though, so it's difficult to address.

Nigel/Biff: Would you mind sending me your fix wad(s)? I'll go through them and replace what I'm missing with blank sprites.
This affects my Win2K (work) machine but not my Win98 (home) machine. I know I did a partial fix at work (after hours, of course! :) ) but stopped when I had a crash problem with the BFG-zero upgrade, IIRC. I'll see if I can forward you what I have, it may have to wait until Monday though.
Cyb

Post by Cyb »

whoo, very awesome stuff, I see you added a lot since hsdemo2. I especially like the korax replacement

found one bug: warp to coords (-2379, 2271) and you can't get out from behind the crates, other than that it worked fine (except I couldn't find the green key! ;) )

awesome work
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I get the crashes on my XP machine, so I'm guessing it's something to do with the win2000/XP OS as Win98 machines seem ok with it. Randy is aware of the bug, and it should be OK with the next Zdoom release.

Zell - the monsters that fire the blue balls are basically the same bug as the weapon - ie missing sprites from a sprite set causing a crash.

Mouse, my fix file is a very rough and ready one, and incomplete. I just put all the sprites from the offending items into one WAD using the original Hexen/Heretic graphics so I don't really think they will help you track down which are the individual missing ones.

From memory, there is something missing from...

The Heretic mummy - the ghost death sprites
The Hexen wraith fireball - part of the explosion sequence?
The Hexen spirits for the gun/Korax death - their death frames?
The Hexen slime serpent fireballs - not sure what part of the sequence.

Not sure if that's them all, but it is most of them.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Does this do anything for the crashes?

http://home.midmaine.com/~lilwhitemo/hsfix.cab
Zell

Post by Zell »

noep when i load that one up this is the error i get:
R_InstallSprite: Sprite SSPT frame E is missing rotations
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Renaming lumps

SSPTF1
SSPTG1
SSPTH5

to

SSPTF0
SSPTG0
SSPTH0

should fix that.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Enjay wrote:Renaming lumps

SSPTF1
SSPTG1
SSPTH5

to

SSPTF0
SSPTG0
SSPTH0

should fix that.
And SSPTE1 to SSPTE0. Or redownload the fix, I just re-uploaded the fix wad.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

LilWhiteMouse wrote:And SSPTE1 to SSPTE0. Or redownload the fix, I just re-uploaded the fix wad.
Ooops, yes and that one. Missed it, even though it was the one mentioned in the error message. :oops:
Zell

Post by Zell »

works for me, execpt the one other bfg style weapon that shoots three heat seeking bfg shots.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Zell wrote:works for me, execpt the one other bfg style weapon that shoots three heat seeking bfg shots.
I missed SPIRN0 and SPIRO0. Hopefully that's it, but I doubt it... Reuploaded the fix with those two included.

Return to “General”