ScoreDoom v1.99r3B

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
BilboHicks

ScoreDoom v1.99r3B

Post by BilboHicks »

V1.99R3b released.
Ack, one final release...
After playing some extensive co-op, I found a minor (but annoying to fix) bug whereby certain damage messages on the console were repeated in multiplayer (even though the actual score was ok). This has been fixed. Basically the fix for the lag bug created it.

To make the download more worthwhile, I also decided to add a fix so that the Minotaur power up and Sentry Turret power up obey team damage rules. i.e. they dont hurt you or teammates anymore by default.
(It was very annoying to summon a Minotaur Demon and have it beat on you, albeit by accident)
download from usual: http://www.scoredoom.com
---------------
v1.99r3 released.
download from http://www.scoredoom.com

Contains a couple of critical multiplayer (coop) fixes. The Add on pack has been updated;improvement to the Armored Imp.
Thats it. Multiplayer should be fine now.

--------
ScoreDoom v1.99r2 released
Decided to add support for optional harder bosses when using custom monsters, due to a request from a beta-tester.

Using the sdmonstershardboss wad from the 1.99r2 addonpack will increase the health of bosses by typically 150%.

Chain Bonuses are now more rewarding to go for, with a minimum of +12 instead of +5. Something I forgo to add in the last build.

download from here: http://www.scoredoom.com

------------

ScoreDoom v1.99 released (changes below)
New add-on pack as well.
Special thanks to Edward850, NovaDragon & DavidB1000 for the time spent QAing and beta-testing!!

download from the usual url: http://www.scoredoom.com

I plan for this to be my last release for some time (famous last words!). Though I'm planning on adding an optional add-on wad for making the bosses harder.

Changes in 1.99
Major bug fix for older (and sometimes newer) computers where the super shotgun (and shotgun) caused lag in the game. Multiple damage
messages per tic to monsters is accumulated over the tic for a player instead of writing multiple times to the console per tic. This
can be turned off for oldskool damage console messages by setting sd_alt_con_scoring=false (not recommended!)

Major fix for hub intermission screens and finale screens, where the proper sd par time for the full hub, as well the the proper
wad score is displayed. Level scores are not shown anymore for hub intermission and finale screens, since they make no sense there :-)

Tweaks to the sd par time calculations for more sensible par times.

Minor tweaks to the damage scoring (getting rid of occasional '+0' scores)

Fix for minor memory leak problem.

Added a new monster and some tweaks to some other monsters in the sdmonsters wad.

---------------------

*EDIT: Still wasn't entirely happy with my SP artifact randomization, so I updated scoredoom1.98r7e one last time! Also tightened up the suicide/infighting code* :P

Updated to 1.98 Release 7e
grab it and its 1.98r7eADDONPACK from http://www.scoredoom.com

*If you downloaded 1.98r7d or 1.98r7c, they were buggy*. my apologies
*If you downloaded the 1.98r7cADDONPACK, that was buggy, too.*

Changes in 1.98r7e:
A bug fix for a bug which was introduced in 1.98r7d. Artifacts were not spawning properly in SP.
Also added a better random seeding for spawning monsters and artifacts per level in SP based on wad names and current level name.
The add on pack was updated to fix a DECORATE conflict problem, since I forgot to update SD-ARTIFACTS.WAD in 1.98r7c.

--------
Updated to 1.98 Release 7d.
As usual, spoke too soon, I forgot to put in a major bug fix for SP, whereby the random counter for random item spawning got out of synch for loaded saved-games vs playing right through. Release 7d has the fix, fully compatible with the release 7c add-on packs.
grab here: http://www.scoredoom.com
------
Updated to 1.98 Release 7c.
can be grabbed here: http://www.scoredoom.com

Changes:
A bug fix for the scoring code, whereby the points for damage metted to monsters could be greater than the total health
of the monster (surprised I didnt catch this much earlier).
IMO, A vast improvement with the gameplay & gameplay difficulty when custom monsters are used from the sdmonsters addon-pack:
1. Player starting health and max health is now 200.
2. Monsters will regularly drop bonus health packs and armor when killed.
3. Some custom monsters behaviours are improved and tweaked (the Possessed Commander for instance)
4. A few more new monsters added.
5. Monster distributions are tweaked for more variety and for (hopefully) better gameplay

Probably my last update for the foreseeable future, due to time constraints and other interests on the horizon. I'm happy with leaving the mod in its current state, since its tweaked to how I like playing. I originally planned to rewrite some of the code so that much older computers wouldn't experience occasional slowdown, but that's probably not going to happen.

----------------

Updated to 1.98 release 7b. This release is meant for players who use the SD custom monsters wad.
Before taking a hiatus, I decided to give support for custom Bosses for the standard Boss levels. Previously only the default Bosses with Doom & DoomII were allowed on these types of levels. The ScoreDoom 1.98r7bADDONPACK (sd-monsters1.7.wad) is required also.

Furthermore, this version also fully supports zdoom 'specialactions' lmp boss levels by not replacing 'Boss' type monsters, which the wad author has specially defined. Levels with 'behavior' (acs) lmps are also fully supported, since SD will not replace any monsters for these levels. ACS can utilize Thing IDs to reference entities, which SD custom monster replacements cannot fully support.

This will probably be my last release for quite some time. The next version will be a maintenance & code cleanup release to optimize the performance for players with slower computers. If your computer is old, its probably not worth playing with the add-on pack, regardless.
---------

1.98 release 7 is out. In terms of effort and functionality, it is a major release. Scoredoom now has support for Hexen and Zdoom Hub wads like Hell Factory as well as other minor fixes. The r7 add-on-pack has several new monsters.

Hi All,

Just an FYI that I have a much improved version of my mod uploaded. I also finally got a site together for it.
Download link for the new version off the top of the page: http://www.scoredoom.com
More info here: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/4 ... oom-v1-98/

Just want to say, thanks to all the people here making my favorite game of all time even better. I don't post much, but I do appreciate the efforts & passion that many of you display. I've used a lot of content from the people here, but I don't take any credit for it, moreover I hope it promotes your work, even in a small way.

Its not a weapons mod, since I havent quite played enough doom regularly over time to hate the regular weapons, but I have added a couple of new powerups/weapons to the mix to augment the default ones.
Last edited by BilboHicks on Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:50 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Gez

Re: ScoreDoom v1.98

Post by Gez »

You should write an article for [wiki]ScoreDoom[/wiki] in the wiki. :)
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

Gez wrote:You should write an article for [wiki]ScoreDoom[/wiki] in the wiki. :)
Good idea, I will probably do that. Of course, I just realised there may be a bug with the points-bunny Decorate now. Its not major, but it irks me, whenever a bunch are close together (it seems) and you blast them with a bfg or smart bomb, it occasionally causes the game to freeze.
I subclassed the bunny off the Pig, so I'm thinking its something to do with that. Eitherway, I plan to get it fixed, even if it means putting the points piggy back.
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

Final version is now v1.98r2, downoad off of http://scoredoom.com
Fixed the points bunny bug for good (_)3
Also fixed the problem where the summoned minotaurs attack the summoned sentry turrets.
Quadruplesword

Post by Quadruplesword »

This is a really cool idea. I always did love games that had a scoring system :D
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Is this based on the latest official version of GZDoom, or an SVN release? My current build of wwhc-diaz.wad doesn't work on it...but playing Freedoom with wwhc-di and the extra monsters/artifacts is a lot of fun. I like that you added in bonuses for the keycards and colored doors.
Gez

Post by Gez »

The latest ScoreDoom is based on GZDoom 1.0.29.
De-M-oN

Post by De-M-oN »

Does this work with Skulltag in Invasion?

There it would make a lot sense :)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

No, because it's a new executable, not just a WAD.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I'm going to once again express my complete satisfaction with this mod. It gives me a reason to speedrun the maps that I'm totally sick of, and that says something!
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

Just recently got back from vacation, so have'nt been online for a while.
Thanks for the kind words about the mod, glad you liked it Wildweasel.

I'm planing to do another update, which will revise the chain bonus scoring. I think that when playing with regular monsters especially, +30 each time is too much. The new scoring will reward more for monsters with higher hit points, but generally will be less than +30.
I'm also going to look at making the par times a little more aggressive, since they tend to be very large at times, as well as adding any cool new monsters. Also, I'll take a look at why wwhc-diaz.wad doesnt work with it, and hopefully find a fix. Unfortunately, if its a case of custom decorate weapons not registering a proper hit, I *probably* will not be able to fix this.
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

the only thing. wich is a big thing. that makes me not like this is that you have to use a diffrent executable to run it.

but maybe when Doomscript comes u can convert it to a ordinary wad? :D
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

.+:icytux:+. wrote:the only thing. wich is a big thing. that makes me not like this is that you have to use a diffrent executable to run it.

but maybe when Doomscript comes u can convert it to a ordinary wad? :D
In hindsight, some of the code in the exe could of been added externally to a wad, had I known the full capabilities of zdoom engine, but not everything could of. If doomscript allows me to move everything out to a wad, I may do this is in the future, but thats contigent on when it comes out, if it can support everything in Scoredoom, and whether I still have the time and interest to do it when it comes out :)

Just been adding the new updates today, which have been pretty easy, though I still need to tweak the new partime calculations. I also added another bonus for extreme death kills, which is half the kill bonus for the monster. It is added after the kill bonus. So a regular kill gives points equal to a tenth of the start-health of the monster, whereas an extreme death kill gives one and a half this. afaik, an extreme kill requires the health of the monster to be reduced to negative 0.5 of its start health, so this seemed to make sense :P

EDIT: extreme deaths are when monsters receive negative the whole start-health in damage, not half.
Last edited by BilboHicks on Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

That'll make things a lot more interesting! I like it when games encourage you to overkill everything.
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

new version 1.86r6 is out now, as well as a new corresponding add-on pack, downloadable from http://www.scoredoom.com

things new:
The chain bonus scoring has been trimmed down a lot from +30 a chain, since it just wound me up too much when I missed certain chains. The new chain scoring is definitely rewarding, but not too punishing, IMO. +5 minimum per chain bonus, with monsters 60hp and higher giving more points (10% of initial health).

Extreme death bonuses have also been added, and will basically double the kill bonus. An extreme death kill during a chain bonus, will also add the extreme death bonus to the base chain bonus, meaning that the kill bonus is effectively tripled. Thanks to Haloless0320 for coming up with the basic idea.

The BBA-16X.wad is now in the add-on pack instead.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”