[Project]Hexen II Monsters

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Vegeta(dw)

Re: [Project]Hexen II Monsters

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

Hey Ghast, nice wad, I enjoyed blasting all it's monsters.
I'd like to suggest to make the animation of the Golems a bit faster, and add a homing projectile to the Iron Golem (as it has in Hexen II).
For the Mummy I think you could use the Sphinx sprites I included in the Hexen monster pack I posted (yet it'd require some coloration and minor editings).
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

@Grimm: Can't really upload a picture, but the Mummy looks like a standard mummy (moves like a zombie) with anubis' trademark head and a staff it uses to shoot energy at you. Mummy Lords look almost exactly the same (Not sure what the differences are, but there are probably a few) and have a floorhugging fireball attack, like the Maulotaur.

@Wagi: My little brother made it in MS Paint in a few hours. Considering that, it looks better than I expected.

@Vegeta: I was going to add that homing projectile after the ruby's on it. I'll speed up the animation a little, too. I'm pretty good with recolors, but minor edits are still beyond what I can do, lol.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Thought I'd give this topic a little bump!

I'm making the HeXen 2 knight archer for use as a Zdoom Decorate monster, you can use him in Heretic, HeXen, DooM, etc:

Well, once he's done. I still have to make the rest of the frames (2 out of 11 'completed' ones are here) and they're created by combining the Cleric sprite (with erased cape), Centaur armor sprite (edges removed), Bruiser Demon horns and the Ethereal Crossbow pickup.
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

That looks pretty rad!
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Very nice! That looks incredible!
Grimm

Post by Grimm »

Yeah, that looks nice!

Anyway, sorry Ghast, lost track of this thread, heh. Anyway, so I do have a rather Anubis themed creature sitting on my harddrive. As the the fairies in the N64 Zeldas bizarrely said, receive it now!
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

For the skull wizard, I like the Satyr suggestion. It's the right shape. Maybe get someone to recolor the head and make it more bone-like, and it would look incredibly true to the original monster.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Knight Archer's nearly done, I might make some color variants however (right now it's 'Ice Archer' colored as pictured above, i need the standard green and gold too). Also I use .png files, which means he can go into any game - the Dooms, Heretic, or HeXen.

EDIT: Download ready. Grab it here: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 62#p345662
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Cool! It won't let me download it, at the moment, though. I'll try from the Beastiary, or when I get to the library.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

I've finally gotten around to recoloring the Satyr's head to use as a skull for the Skull Wizard, however, try as I might, I'm terrible at splicing sprites like that. Does anyone else want to give it a try? Here's the Skull Wizard's sprites (Converted to 16 million colors bmp format) and the Satyr skull:

http://www.zshare.net/download/16471100e83bb7ed/
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8N3UR2UX

I'll work on the authentic-acting Archer, soon, but I have a lot on my plate, at the moment (which is why I haven't worked on this in a while).
Gez

Post by Gez »

Ghastly_dragon wrote:(Converted to 16 million colors bmp format)
Why not PNG?
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

I converted them to unpaletted bmps so they'll be a little easier for people to edit. I'll convert them back to pngs when I get them.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Why not unpaletted PNGs, then? :lol:
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

More programs can work with bmps than pngs (there are some people who work with MS Paint. Sad, but true :P).
Gez

Post by Gez »

Ghastly_dragon wrote:More programs can work with bmps than pngs (there are some people who work with MS Paint. Sad, but true :P).
MS Paint can read all PNG formats. Happy, but true. :wink:

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”