[CONTRIBUTIONS] The Community Beastiary (on hold!)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Mechadon

Re: [CONTRIBUTIONS] The Community Beastiary (no discussion here)

Post by Mechadon »

BTW, link to Mechadon's monster doesn't work. Beyond, the sprite edit is horrible.
Link works for me...also, what exactly needs tweaking with the sprite? As stated, I made it a long time ago...perhaps I could find some different sprites? Anyways, does anyone else have problems with the link? If so, I'll upload it to a temp space, but most of the things I've uploaded to that web space haven't been a problem to download.
Dutch Devil

Post by Dutch Devil »

I always liked the Stalker from Hexen maybe an suggestion to sprite artists is to make one which swims in lava one thats been covered in lava and has an orange/red color.

Nice work guys I'm seeing some very nice sprites here.
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

Ok sigh i just fixed the newest bug that i came across with the phantom, can someone else please test it now and tell me if there is anymore bugs in it, if there isnt. Then i resubmit it again...

http://www.zshare.net/download/955315367635fa/
Induna

Post by Induna »

Name: Incubus
Difficulty: Moderate to Hard
Melee: No
Distance: Different Projectiles
Type: Mancubus-like
Summon: Incubus
Credit: Daniel

Details:
A step up from the Mancubus, slow-moving yet has a fast photon shot plus homing-missiles that can be fatal with a direct hit. Not to difficult to take down (12-15 rockets) but make sure you keep moving.

Download:
Incubus *Updated: I had to alter the lights for the flameball slightly, too bright*

Name: Greater Incubus
Difficulty: Hard to very Hard
Distance: Different Projectiles
Type: Incubus' Big Brother
Summon: GreaterIncubus (it's in the same wad)

Details:
A step up in class from the Incubus. Larger and more aggressive. The homing missles have a wider damage radius plus a large flameball attack that WILL get you if you stop moving for a second. Probably suited to a large arena.

Screenshots:
Incubus battle
Flameball attack

Other details:
The Incubus was ripped from Daniel's NeoDoom. I've tried getting in contact with him to ask for permission to use this monster but he's almost impossible to get a hold of. He has no email address. I've tracked him down to brdoom.com but even then you have to register to leave him a PM. I've tried registering but I haven't had a reply yet and I'm fed up of waiting. Anyway, he does give permission in his NeoDoom wad so I guess it's ok.

I've added lighting effects if you use gzdoom + sounds when it's walking to give it gravitas. Also tidied up some of the sprites and corrected some mistakes in the decorate regarding the missiles. The Greater Incubus was adapted by me.
Induna

Post by Induna »

We serve you Imps...

Name: FoxImp
Difficulty: Easy
Melee: Yes
Distance: Projectile
Type: Imp
Summon: FoxImp
Credit: Daniel? Induna

Details:
Half-fox half-imp. (I know, it looks more like a Wolf than a fox.Tell Daniel). No, it doesn't have a bushy tail but it does sport a rather fetching red collar + a small single yellow fireball shot + a triple one. I think it can suddenly walk fast towards you at times too. Plus I beefed up it's melee damage too. Again, taken from Daniel's NeoDoom. I don't know if he created this or not after the Incubus debacle. I've added the lighting effects again plus a few new sounds (the death sounded more human than animal).

Download:
FoxImp

Name: NeoDarkImp
Type: Imp
Summon: NeoDarkImp, NeoBlueImp
Credit: Daniel? + Induna

Details:
I know what you're thinking. "Do we really need another Dark Imp? We already have three of 'em elbowing each other for shelf space" Well, this one is different in that it can teleport + it has a different impball + it has some new sounds I've added (The sound of the imp ball is an animal's call at half pitch, speed it up to find out what it is), and if that's STILL not good enough I made a blue variant. We don't have any blue Imps yet!

Screenshot:
BlueImp! He's been eating something dodgy to get skin colour like that

Download:
NeoDarkImp
printz

Post by printz »

Title Hellboost
Difficulty Medium
Melee yes
Distance none
Type demon, undead
The little sprite preview: Image
The download link: http://www.speedyshare.com/979349610.html
The little personal description about its behaviour and DECORATE and why I created it the way I did:

This monster can go invisible and also teleport away after each attack it does, or when hurt. It runs away, then returns to hit the player again. Like Cutman's ghouls, it attacks and runs away from prey. Like the Nightmare, it's stealth. It tries to act somehow as these both species, but he's generally manageable (not lethal like the ghouls). I wanted to give him NOCLIP as well, but unfortunately monsters with NOCLIP tend to leave the game area for an indefinite time (due to a ZDoom or Doom limitation), which is undesirable.

I'm quite sure this will get rejected (it looks worse than most of what was accepted, and the graphics edit, though more than recolour, still lame is), so I should work on something else quick.
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

I have made the requested fix to the PyroDemon his comet rain attack, now does'nt last forever it has a chance of jumping to its death state.

http://www.zshare.net/download/1001952281da7e1a/

You might want to put this version up as it is fixed, and the old one on the beastiary can cause lag if it does its meteor rain attack too much.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Rejects
FoxImp - It's really nothing special and the sprite is a horrible edit in my eyes. Nothing worthy to add.
HellBoost - The sprite edit looks indeed not that good, although the DECORATE is quite interesting

Questions & Possible Additions
Trickster Demon - I still hope that someone gets his hands on better sprites, maybe even from other games, maybe from HacX, whatever. The DECORATE is really promising but the blue Arch-Vile sucks hard.
Mechadon's Monster - Link still not working for me, another host maybe?
Water Demon - I am still not pleased with the sprites for this monster, the "cut down" stalker from Hexen looks ugly in Doom, I'd be happier if you use the original sprites paletted in PNG format as this is by far a better solution (or another kind of sprite edit, I don't know)

Approved & Added
Lesser Mutant
Incubus
Phantom
Bormereth

Bugfixed Monsters
All those we talked about before, thx to the fixers!

Thx to all of you for your contributions, keep em coming :)
Lord Mattus

Post by Lord Mattus »

Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

Well i png'd the hexen serpent sprites and added them to the water demon, dunno if it looks better to u but i needed something to do quickly :)

http://www.zshare.net/download/1011798059b69dd8/
Dreadopp

Post by Dreadopp »

dtspa1.png

Name: Doom Spawner
Difficulty: Medium-Hard
Type: Demon
Credit: Dreadopp
Extra thanks to those who helped with a bit of the coding: Ghastly_dragon, DBThanatos, bungholio, InsanityBringer, Wagi

It may look like just a recolored Cacodemon, but this is no ordinary Cacodemon. :) It has a few tricks up its sleeve.

Download: check new post

Note: This is the first monster I have created, so if it is bad let me know how i may improve it.

Another Note: I was unable to just post a solid picture, so I just added a link to it.
Last edited by Dreadopp on Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
StarScream

Post by StarScream »

as seen in my pogostick map...
Speed Demon.png
Speed Demon.png (4.74 KiB) Viewed 4864 times
Name: Speed Demon
Difficulty: Hard
Type: Demon,Undead
Description: a very, VERY fast cacodemon. need i say more? :tongue:

Download Link: http://www.zshare.net/download/10603707306bbfc7/
Dreadopp

Post by Dreadopp »

Here's a new link for the Doom Spawner, did not notice that link had died:

Edit: Here's a new version of the Doom Spawner. Improvement tips from Induna.

http://w16.easy-share.com/1700216101.html
Vader

Post by Vader »

Before this thread falls back on the second page of the forum, I'll submit something :P

Name: Terminator
Difficulty: Very Hard
Distance: Projectile/Hitscan
Type: Demon/Cybernetic
Description: This walking tank takes a lot of damage and is able to attack you in 4 different ways.
As tip for map-designers; take care the player has enough cover if you put this monster into your map! Otherwise it's machinegun will perforate everyone within seconds...

Download: http://www.speedyshare.com/394796932.html

Also kudos to Eriance. I used his cybruiser as a base for this monster, although the only thing that remains from the original is one of it's cannons!
Last edited by Vader on Fri May 02, 2008 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

A few monsters here with a future/robot theme, and perhaps the first use of the Necrodome sprite resourses. Also a few Strife edits and a DukeBeta monster.

Name: Riot Trooper
Type: Human
Description: Slightly harder than normal soldiers, this guy packs a riot shotgun which spreads wide but does massive damage up close, so make sure you take him out from range!

Download: http://members.lycos.co.uk/ben2k9/riot.rar (save target as)

Name: Commando
Difficulty: Easy/medium
Type: Human
Description: A tough troop, the Commando is armed with a high power machine gun which he fires in short bursts, and watch out for a nasty surprise in the form of grenades! He also strafes and dodges making him harder to hit.

Download: http://members.lycos.co.uk/ben2k9/commando.rar (save target as)

Name: Mauler
Difficulty: medium
Type: Robot
Description: A fast robot armed with a ralgun. Although lightly armoured his weapon more than makes up for his toughness.

Download: http://members.lycos.co.uk/ben2k9/Mauler.rar (save target as)

Name: Reaper
Difficulty: Hard
Description: A Heavily armed and armoured mech with an arm mounted machine gun, and 2 mini-missile launchers on his shoulders; which fire 4 missiles each in a wide spiraling pattern making them hard to dodge.

Download: http://members.lycos.co.uk/ben2k9/Reaper.rar (save target as)

Name: Crusader
Description: Very much inspired by Ed-209 this dual-chaingun toting monster will cut you to ribbons if you dont find cover!

Download: http://members.lycos.co.uk/ben2k9/Crusader.rar (save target as)

Name: 1NQ-5TR Inquisitor
Description: A walking weapons platform. This mech has an arm cannon with armour piercing shells and 2 guided missile launchers on his shoulders. Best tactic is to run.

Download: http://members.lycos.co.uk/ben2k9/inquisitor.gif (save target as)

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”