[Pogostick] 0.9 Online! | Where are your contributions!? :(

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
XutaWoo

Re: [Pogostick] 0.9 Online! | Where are your contributions!? :(

Post by XutaWoo »

If you tell me why you need alternate weapons and playerclasses, I'd be happy to make a Hexen compatable version. =D
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

my map is starting to get kinda funkky :D but the filesize is worying me :O the musix i use is... kinda big :P (agent sporks ^^)
but im gonna try to make them as small as possible (cut out parts of the music with wavepad) the boss is going to be a hectebus (hardcoded)
with attacks just as the chaos elemental (go try it out if you havn't) i "MIGHT" even add 2 hackodemons as small helpers ^^

[EDIT] a pic as well :D

Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Looks very kewl ;)

im finish off all the things for zpack now :O but there isnt much more to do on my map except the bossbattle and im done =)

(/me has to wait for keksdoses Hectebus Death :P)

[EDIT] im learning keksdoses techniques of drawing cool effects now so i might do them myself also ;) at least the infernalspiders im gonna do :P
StarScream

Post by StarScream »

have people been still working on this :?: if still, i made a map of my own with a custom boss at the end. it has good use of 3d floors and other scripts and is a good length :) .

here is some screens:
Screenshot_Doom_20080320_215206.png
Screenshot_Doom_20080320_215206.png (188.35 KiB) Viewed 1220 times
Screenshot_Doom_20080320_215505.png
Screenshot_Doom_20080320_215505.png (225.42 KiB) Viewed 1216 times
Screenshot_Doom_20080320_215619.png
Screenshot_Doom_20080320_215619.png (244.52 KiB) Viewed 1213 times
here is a version of the map, its finished but could use some testing :P .
http://www.zshare.net/download/92199929512cbc/
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

Since the black hole of ZPack released me, I can do the pure randomness again which comes to my mind without any "Hey Keks, when is your map done?". :P
I have an idea of a, kind of, nostalgic mix of many levels of random platforming games, and I start whenever... I start! :P
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

StarScream: Good map - great map, but could be a lot better, if it weren't for a few inconveniences that a couple of areas of this map have.

- Music - eehhhh... it's fun and funky - but it doesn't quite suit the map; plus, it's overly loud.
- Clean up the green sector colors - in OpenGL the Pogostick palette's green and the bright green hue of the colored sectors clash.
- Monster placement: evil. Especially in the huge slime room - there's way too many monsters and not enough health (the health that is there is provided on damaging floors :(). Also, hell knights are harder to hit that you think in this game, so putting two together (in the corridor just before the slime room) spells constant death for unskilled players like me.
- Jumping to and from those crates hovering in the small slime pool is tricky because the room is quite claustrophobic - expanding that area out a little could help the breathing space in that room - and the crates are probably too small for you to land on accurately very easily.
- Make the corners in the corridors rectangular rather than square - so the player can walk for a bit before the camera angle rotates - right now it gets really hard to aim - and especially after taking on that invisible baron - that corner is very tricky to overcome with the huge number of projectiles streaming through it - all due to the camera rotators being in the wrong place.
- Clear up the points where the camera angle changes - in the slime room there's a very awkward point which makes it virtually impossible to aim because the camera angle (and the player) is turning so much, and the line that triggers the rotation is on a 128x128 square - which because I'm moving around so much on makes the camera judder back and forth uncontrollably. Either make the platforms in a straight line and get rid of the camera rotators or place them so no rotators are needed.
- Reduce the sheer drop in the slime room so I don't fall for ages - and get rid of the stealth demon on the final ledge - if he's in the right place he can kill you or block you from getting on the ledge and then you plummet to your death for 5 seconds.
- Why can't I get back into the final teleporter room after opening the door back to the start? You know that means I have to go through the whole level (albeit monsterless) again, right?

Nice submission though - adequate detail, good layout and nice flow, but there's a few areas in there that are overly tricky and kind of spoil the fun of the map.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Sure, this is still alive StarScream :) Nice map so far but I'd suggest think about Jimmy's suggestions, do a re-release and I will definitely add this to the final file ;)
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

I came up with a small little idea. Imagine a beat-em-up using this code?

Primary would be punch, secondary would be kick, and three other keys would be an alternative attack, block, and special.

Using a system in decorate that gives the player temporary items to create different animations to simulate combos, I think it would be possible.

Sample Combo

Code: Select all

Player hits target with punch
Hit target gives player an "item"
Player hits target with another punch because of the item
Hit target gives player another "item"
Player hits target with special, and does a special move.
Yay? Nay?
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

blackfish wrote:I came up with a small little idea. Imagine a beat-em-up using this code?

Primary would be punch, secondary would be kick, and three other keys would be an alternative attack, block, and special.

Using a system in decorate that gives the player temporary items to create different animations to simulate combos, I think it would be possible.

Sample Combo

Code: Select all

Player hits target with punch
Hit target gives player an "item"
Player hits target with another punch because of the item
Hit target gives player another "item"
Player hits target with special, and does a special move.
Yay? Nay?
It would seem a great idea, however I don't think it would (yet) be appropriate for Pogostick. So much work has been done on this already that I think the beat-em-up idea may be appropriate for an off-shoot project.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Project Dark Fox wrote:I think the beat-em-up idea may be appropriate for an off-shoot project.
That's what Blackfish is saying.
blackfish wrote:Imagine *a beat-em-up* using this code?
:)
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

I tested StarScreams map i found a reason for going back to the start. A bfg lowers in the start room if you go in there, but then u have to run back through before the door closes. Im pretty sure its meant to be a secret. Plus i agree that jumpnig bit is a main over the acid pools I kept dying. But i was fine with the Hell Knights, and i loved the music. also i never found a stealth demon on the final ledge across that acid fall area, unless i killed it without noticing....

i wont get my map done in awhile, im going to malta now for a week :P but i guess it wont wound u guys too much ;)
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Maelstrom: I'm aware a BFG appears in that room, but it would be nicer if the door was made openable with a script after entrance into the room before the very start of the map. It's not made visible until you go into it, so it's only fair that the door should let you into it as well.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”