ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Sodaholic

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by Sodaholic »

(Yet another) Episode One remake, based on the novel. Maybe call it KDiTN?
Pinky's ass

Post by Pinky's ass »

Cutmanmike wrote:I need to make a cutmanmike FAQ cause I get asked this all the time :P

Simply put the database I work on is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, and since i'm almost always doing data entry/related tasks it takes forever just to do the smallest of tasks. Deleting a company for example can take up to a minute, which is enough time to browse a forum and make a post, and open up another topic ;)
Why doesn't your boss look at you when you're "working"? :P
Wills

Post by Wills »

I have two more ideas.

Bathory Erzsebet - A very dark, grim mapset in a medieval-themed world.

Brian Badass - The most unfair wad you'll ever play. Based on games like Syobon Action and I Wanna Be The Guy. I've got one level made and I'll say it's stupidly hard. :twisted:
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Well, I had the idea of suiting out Doomguy with an airtank and tube fitting onto his helmet for the water resource wad, but then saw just how many sprites that entailed and said forget it :P

I have had the idea of making a sort of Domo olympics, using the various alternative methods of gameplay I've come up with, like the Starwing based section in my second ZPack map and the ski slope from Twisted Joke... but I want to finish Coils of the Twisted Tale and Virus first.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

GZelda - A Zelda mod done in GZDoom with MD3 models for..almost every actor except weapons. The problem is, is that the person I know that would help is too lazy. =<
Wills

Post by Wills »

Here's a quick room I did for Bathory Erzsebet. I'm using the Slightly Grey palette that Sodaholic was kind enough to make for me. Just in case you can't tell, the light coming in from the ceiling is actually a dynamic light. Sector-based lighting simply doesn't cut it in some areas. :)

neoworm

Post by neoworm »

Wills wrote:Brian Badass - The most unfair wad you'll ever play. Based on games like Syobon Action and I Wanna Be The Guy. I've got one level made and I'll say it's stupidly hard. :twisted:
Someone on DoomWorld forums was gathering most frustrating DooM map ideas. Many of hten can be used in such wad. Personaly I liked most the invisible maze made from impassable lines not appearing on map with an arachnotron in each corner.
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/4 ... the-world/
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Without the arachnotrons, TUD has already done exactly that. If you check out his operation lightening, you can see a large number of frustrating ideas. Good thing he improved as he went along really.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Pinky's ass wrote:
Cutmanmike wrote:I need to make a cutmanmike FAQ cause I get asked this all the time :P

Simply put the database I work on is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, and since i'm almost always doing data entry/related tasks it takes forever just to do the smallest of tasks. Deleting a company for example can take up to a minute, which is enough time to browse a forum and make a post, and open up another topic ;)
Why doesn't your boss look at you when you're "working"? :P
His desk is kinda far from mine.
Pinky's ass

Post by Pinky's ass »

Cutmanmike wrote:His desk is kinda far from mine.
Be on your guard! He could use mini-cameras to look at far people! :lol:
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Wow, I learned a new phrase- FAR people.
Wills

Post by Wills »

I'm not making it annoying, I'm making it unfair - such as, you step on a teleporter and the ceiling crushes you. What you have to do is step on and then off before the ceiling lowers, which is actually a switch. And lots of inivisible pits. :P
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Wills wrote:I'm not making it annoying, I'm making it unfair - such as, you step on a teleporter and the ceiling crushes you. What you have to do is step on and then off before the ceiling lowers, which is actually a switch. And lots of inivisible pits. :P
Put in teleporters that cause the player to telefrag an explosive barrel, and make their floor textures just ever so slightly different than the other ones. (Like, maybe the light level for the "correct" one is exactly 1 unit lower than the rest.)
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

wildweasel wrote:
Wills wrote:I'm not making it annoying, I'm making it unfair - such as, you step on a teleporter and the ceiling crushes you. What you have to do is step on and then off before the ceiling lowers, which is actually a switch. And lots of inivisible pits. :P
Put in teleporters that cause the player to telefrag an explosive barrel, and make their floor textures just ever so slightly different than the other ones. (Like, maybe the light level for the "correct" one is exactly 1 unit lower than the rest.)
You're not latching onto the concept of unfair here. To be unfair, the player should absolutely not be given any hint as to which teleporters work and which teleporters are death traps. I don't think it would create very fun gameplay, but it accurately fits the unfair criteria.
jallamann

Post by jallamann »

other posts: tl;dr

idea: a diablo hack 'n slash mod with monsters respawning at random intervals when the player's not around and monsters dropping money and items which can be equipped for stat boosts.

Return to “General”