WWHC-Diaz + (NEW!) The VR Missions (help wanted!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: WW-Diaz Remake: more assistance needed!

Post by DoomRater »

My complaint about the grenades is that I don't get them early enough. I find them useful for grenading, personally...
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

The shotgun shells spawn in front of the gun, like right next to the barrel sometimes. Also, I think the range on the flamethrowers should be a bit higher to increase their lethality. Aside from those gripes, I'm liking this mod.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

lizardcommando wrote:Also, I think the range on the flamethrowers should be a bit higher to increase their lethality.
Yeah, the new flames look good but they fade out well short of their target (ie me) in most situations I've met so far. I know it isn't that realistic but perhaps there could be 2 versions of the ranged attack - a nasty closer-up flame jet and perhaps a "squirt" of flame (essentially a fireball) that has a longer life and can therefore travel further. The enemy would switch between the two with "jump if closer".
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

lizardcommando wrote:The shotgun shells spawn in front of the gun, like right next to the barrel sometimes. Also, I think the range on the flamethrowers should be a bit higher to increase their lethality. Aside from those gripes, I'm liking this mod.
Both noted and fixed. I've also (tentatively) added Xaser's new shotgun graphics to the wad, but I'd just like to make clear that this isn't final and I may end up changing them based on what Marty ends up making.
Tenement Funster

Post by Tenement Funster »

I just discovered the super secret combo attack with the berserk pack. Incinerating Hell Knights with that bad boy is great fun!

I definitely agree that the hazmat boys need some work. They are nearly harmless in their current state, and the only time I've ever been hit by one is when 20 demons had me pinned down with a few hazmat boys in there. In nearly any other situation, they will never hit me.
TomD666

Post by TomD666 »

Great WAD, probably the best weapon WAD i've ever played.
Only complaint is that the grenades are a bit overpowered in comparison to the rocket launcher
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I think the problem is that the grenade's fragments do more damage than the rocket does against the bigger monsters like the Cyberdemons. The grenade is a hard weapon to keep balanced. If I nerf it, then it won't be much good at all against the groups of monsters without making the player use tons of them.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Damagetype and cybie/spider replacement, perhaps?
EDIT: Or nerfing the default damage amount and scaling it back up in the mooks' damagefactors?
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

mmm i play with wwdiaz in my zdoom and is great....
Actually part of the wad of cs has some of the things that I got to decorate this wad, such as decorate for the shield + weapon .... different sounds of pain and energetic bar .. although the latter could be modified, Indeed, I would like to speak with the author of this mode to ask permission to use their energetic bar, as well, if that's not enough, in the not too distant future, I can add any weapon cs amended at any wad of doom, whichever is I have a link where the skins weapon discharge in fact I am working on another wad is called "mospeada" weapons has the same quality as those of cs of skulltag or much better, I may add, shotguns, grenades, knifes, grenade launcher , m16, dual guns, machine guns, miniguns, etc. .... would not be a bad idea to take wwdiaz sprites by sequence frame by frame ...
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Normally I would be very happy to let people borrow things from my mod, but I'm not especially thrilled to see people borrowing resources/code from my weapon mods to use in other weapon mods. I'm not really sure what you mean by "energetic bar" - are you talking about the heads-up display? And this...
would not be a bad idea to take wwdiaz sprites by sequence frame by frame ...
I won't permit people to just take my weapons verbatim unless a significant change is made to them to make them their own. I don't mind if you just take bits and pieces (like the casing and smoke effects, sound effects, maybe use one of the sprites as a base for a new set of frames), but just taking the whole thing undermines the process that goes into making this stuff.
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

is the sprite:when you see the health armor ammo etc.just that....i only use that thing , the reload decorate and the diferent pain sound configuration...
your wad, zen dinamic and doom 3 weapons zdoom is my treasure! combine this 3 decorate i have learned a lot ......the cs.wad Would not have been nothing if it had not analysed decorates....=) dont worry man, i not take you weapons sprites....or weapons sounds the cs weapons ..the cs.wad..the weapons...i take any frame with half life model viewer and i have the autorization for include the "blackfish" cs weapons...combine my frames and blackfish frames... me, and my team create the cs.wad..but i means...wwdiaz can be weapons sprites frame by frame?....hat is the qustion....i see in cs skins any fan weapons...you mod have a grenade launcher?..in cs skins fan weapons i see any grenade launcher, more of 1000 shotguns,miniguns,etc....in the future...maybe the sprites frame by frame will be very important...blackfish was the first....second i dont know but for me, "create" a weapons( well is not create the word but...mmmm .......Take a screenshot of each frame)....each cs weapons have more of 150 sprites..A higher number of sprites, the better effect of animation and realism in the weapon, I mean that ... wanted to know if in the future you might have sprites sequential wad, I think it would be a good idea, not just say it .. .. but your wad is very good, I enjoy a lot with your mod ....=)
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

A long-overdue update...(actually, not overdue, just I have neglected actually posting it lately.)

I have reason to believe that this may be a near-final version, but I'm not getting my hopes up yet - I still have some polishing to do in regards to the text files and other things. Get it here: http://armory.drdteam.org/wwmods/inprog ... c-diaz.rar

Changes this version:
  • Xaser's modified shotgun is now officially part of the mod.
  • The slugthrower's projectile now properly originates from the gun instead of the center of the screen.
  • The shotgun now ejects its shells from the proper location instead of from the front of the barrel.
  • Added unique editor numbers for all new actors, weapons, and ammo, so mappers will be able to place these specific items instead of relying on the random spawners (if they need to).
  • I now consider Deathmatch mode to be officially supported, outside of the grenades not respawning. If anybody has an alternative way to do the grenade pickups (without breaking them in co-op mode), let me know.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

DoomRater yelled "think fast!!" Barney didn't think fast.

Oh oh oh I should mention! Shotgun shells weren't respawning but grenades were in Deathmatch.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Oh yes, the random ammo spawner...is there a way to force that to respawn? I know that if the spawner itself respawns, it won't be able to check if there's already ammo sitting there and will end up creating a cache of stuff...but it'd be better than having it be gone forever.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

What I'd do is have an item that gives you the random ammo and then drops an item that waits the normal respawn time and then spawns another random ammo item. I wouldn't be sure how to make it figure out whether it's single player or multi short of using some ACS...

What I would do is write a multiplayer version and a singleplayer version of the same WAD, with that basic change, but ACS would work I think.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”