WWHC-Diaz + (NEW!) The VR Missions (help wanted!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: WW-Diaz Remake: more assistance needed!

Post by wildweasel »

Well, truth be told, I really don't like the current platform noise, even if it is consistent with the others (being from System Shock 2 like the others).
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

wildweasel wrote:The bandage was taken from an actual photo of a roll of gauze, but yeah, the toilet roll look is unfortunate. I can't think of any better replacements, though.
As used by the British army, and many others.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en ... a=N&tab=wi

I've got a few mates in the army and we always carry them when we go hill walking. Quite why they expect us to get the kind of injuries that these things dress I really don't know but, hey, they don't weigh much so why not carry one? :)

This one would have been a good pic if it wasn't so low res.

The packet is about 5 inches across.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I'm planning a major change to the Flamethrower trooper's behavior. Right now he moves slowly and has a flamethrower that reaches rather far. What I want to change is make him move faster, and give his flamethrower a shorter range. That in itself is no problem, but what would be the ideal way to prevent him from attacking until he's close enough?
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Try using A_JumpIfCloser in the attack states.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

I happen to agree with those who think the shotgun's a little... sub-par. Its behavior is great and I like the sound for some reason, but the graphics have always been a little lacking. I was kinda sad at first when Weasel said he wasn't planning on changing the graphics on his own, but then I suddenly got an idea.

Is this any better? It's just one frame and I'll re-skin the whole weapon if you'd like (plus I can make the flash more flashy (hehe) with lighting and reflections and such). It shouldn't be hard to copy this frame over the others, but I can easily do it if you don't feel like messing with it.

In other news, calling the SMG's sound (the MP40-ish one) a 'gunshot' is like calling a kitten's meow a "roar". Seriously though, I find it too light and tinny... yes, the weapon's supposed to be wimpy, but there's no sense in having it sound like a kid banging a piece of metal with a spoon. I did like the sound from the old Diaz, but then again, I liked the SPAS-12 too so Weasel and I must think quite differently. :P
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

That does look pretty good, but I've currently got Marty on the task of replacing the shotgun at the moment, so we'll see which is better then =P
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Ah,, competition only makes things better in the end. Can't wait to see who wins!
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Me versus Marty? Oh, dear. I'm too young to die! Image

Aah, just to give my version a fighting chance, I've finished the rest of the frames and such. It actually looks quite good in-game, so if you're curious, grab it here and run with wwhc-diaz.wad. It won't work on its own, so don't try it. :P

I honestly do hope that Marty comes up with something amazing as always though, hehe. Wish me luck though. :P
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

That looked pretty nice. The muzzleflash looks much better than the old one. Let's see what Marty has to offer. :)
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

More minor touch-ups have been done lately as I wait and see what Marty's version of the shotgun is going to look like. (Though at this point I'm really tempted to just use Xaser's, which by the way looks fantastic.)

I've added number color effects to the status bar, so your health/armor will turn blue when it's over 100, and your ammo will turn orange when low and red when empty. Also, the icons for your weapons will now turn red when the weapons are empty, which should help players in choosing their next weapon without forcing them to select several weapons in a row to find one that has ammo in it.

The flamethrower guys' attacks are now redesigned (and much prettier, since they're using the same resources as the psi-amp fireballs, just at different scales). I also modified their death sequence just ever so slightly so that there's a very minor chance that killing them with a bullet weapon will not actually cause him to explode.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I figure it's time I uploaded the changes to you guys.

http://armory.drdteam.org/wwmods/inprog ... c-diaz.rar

New:
- Flamethrower guys have more death animations for lightning and (rare) normal death
- Flamethrower guys have a new attack (help: is their damage still balanced?)
- Colored numbers on the status bar for low ammo/health
- Colored weapon icons on the status bar for empty weapons

Bugs fixed:
- Slugthrower troopers' shots no longer have gravity, enabling them to shoot further than ten feet
- Many others
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

I tried playing this in GZDoom but I got an error stating it was expecting a ';' but instead found a ',' or something. I think it said it was on line 8.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Update to 1.0.32
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

TheDarkArchon wrote:1.0.32
What the- I just updated to 1.0.30 a month ago! Updating that (and reminding myself to use a different version for a Bittersweet run- I'll never get it completed if I have to keep starting over from scratch)
Tenement Funster

Post by Tenement Funster »

I've been playing around with this mod a lot lately, and it's pretty fantastic. One thing is really bugging me though, and that would be the grenades. You can't throw them far enough, and as soon as they leave your hand they are falling to the floor. It makes it really hard to throw them up in windows and whatnot, and bouncing them around corners is pretty difficult due to the short throwing range. They are useless for all the things I think a grenade should be for!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”