[IN PROGRESS] Distopian Battles 2667 (More Screens on pg 1)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Juan "JacKThERiPPeR

[IN PROGRESS] Distopian Battles 2667 (More Screens on pg 1)

Post by Juan "JacKThERiPPeR »

Ok guys, I don't want to promise anything, but I'll be doing Distopian Battles for a time.

If some people aren't familiar already with all the stuff of the thread of before that has the same kind of project as this, let me explain: it's a war between Iron Maiden's Eddies (or in-game called Rippers) and humans. You take the place of one of the Rippers.

Now imagine Call of Duty but with lotsa more enemies and allies at your side. And in the near future, like 660 years later. That sums up the whole thing.

Anyways, all I've got done is this silly battleground themed TITLEMAP and some sprites of a Ripper.

You'll notice I have picked some stuff from UTNT with the permission of Torm (like textures and maybe music, even if this last one is from movies). So, I'll place him in the credits. I'll be at charge of maps and maybe a little of sprites, but I need help on this. I'll add to the final credits those who had helped me in any way (even support or the small donations in the "Thanks to" space), so, there's nothing to loose ;)

Anyways, here are some screens and my Ripper.
Spoiler:
Last edited by Juan "JacKThERiPPeR on Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Nice stuff so far, good luck with that :)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

some screens
I only see one screen of your titlepic and the enemy sprite...are the rest just not working the way they're supposed to?
jallamann

Post by jallamann »

shouldn't that read dystopian?
Juan "JacKThERiPPeR

wildweasel wrote:
some screens
I only see one screen of your titlepic and the enemy sprite...are the rest just not working the way they're supposed to?
I haven't got all the actors, so... no, I haven't done anything more yet.

@jallamann: yes. Should be "y", but the problem is that I already wrote that into the Title captions... :S
Nash

Post by Nash »

Project threads should only be created if there are actually nice screenshots to show.
Juan "JacKThERiPPeR

Nash wrote:Project threads should only be created if there are actually nice screenshots to show.
I'm busy with a Ripper's sprites, so... no. No need to.

Also, for now I'll work alone. If I need help I'll call you.
Nash

Post by Nash »

[quote="Juan "JacKThERiPPeR"]
I don't have anything interesting to show so I don't need to create a project thread yet.[/quote]

Fixed!
Juan "JacKThERiPPeR

Dang.

Ok, we'll leave this thread frozen for a while until I have something interesting to show. I got to finish that Ripper first and I should make a map.
Juan "JacKThERiPPeR

Ok, I have now some progress screens for it. So, tell me what you think of the levels.

Oh, and if anyone wants to help me with some sprites, tell me. I would like to have some.
Spoiler:
I don't need someone to make levels, but if there's the necessity to have some detail on them, I would like to say that Rippers have some kind of gothic sci-fi structures.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

looks pretty cool. It'd be cool if the levels were old school but everything else not. Like Fallout :D. Sort of..Some should make a wad inspired by fallout. Anyway good luck on this, looks pretty good.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I like what I see so far (even some UTNT stuff I created is visible *g*) but the second shot needs some more detail, the wall and floor looks a bit empty.
Juan "JacKThERiPPeR

Tormentor667 wrote:I like what I see so far (even some UTNT stuff I created is visible *g*) but the second shot needs some more detail, the wall and floor looks a bit empty.
Yes, I'm aware that it needs quite of detail on there. Anyways, if someone could make the Rogue sprites, I'll be thankful for it. It would be based on Torm's Shadow and what I said of the Iron Maiden Eddie. If I come up with a sketch, I'll put it here.

EDIT: Like this:
Risen

Post by Risen »

[quote="Juan "JacKThERiPPeR"]...Torm's Shadow...[/quote]

Don't you mean Vader's?
Juan "JacKThERiPPeR

Risen wrote:[quote="Juan "JacKThERiPPeR"]...Torm's Shadow...
Don't you mean Vader's?[/quote]

I really dunno. But sure it is.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”