Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

Dutch Devil

Post by Dutch Devil »

Wow another great monster from Eriance I really like it.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

@UA: Yes, this is only the Work in Progress that i've uploaded. The one on my comp is already 90% finished (aside from the death animation). It will have a double armed attack, infact 2 of them. The death sequence will have it float up into the air, catch on fire then burst out a bunch of green ghost-things from it's chest before frying to charred skeleton.

I'm current;y making 5 boss monsters for EPisode 3 from scratch. I dont feel like using the Ep-2 Mid-boss monsters (Archon, Deathknight) as well as the other ones I originalled planned (Diabloist, Soul Harvester, and Hades Elemental). Instead, they will be replaced by 5 rather large (almost Cyberdemon Sized monsters, the Torrasque (some dinosaur-like thing), Stygian Queen (giant Hornet with a skull for the abdomin), Overlord (giant cacodemon-like animal based on the Beholder Priestess), Dracolich (dragon-thing made of bones), and another one I've yet to draw the designs for.

I'm still in the process of making a few more edited enemies and a few scratch ones for each of the 5 sib-stages for Episode 3's main hub. Each stage will use it;s unique set of enemies, thus i need a bunch of "mee-too" monsters that full in various roles.

All in all..EP3 is going to take quite a long time. i've already hit a art-block for the weapons with 4 weapons partially finished, and 2 finished. I havent even started the maps aside from the main hub's portal area. Long way to go. Lol :D
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

The Dracolich's short description reminds me what the Icon of Sin would be like if it wasn't a god damn wall. :?
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Wow, I can't wat tell to see what the Dracolich will look like.
Doomshadow

Post by Doomshadow »

Will monsters like the Diabloist and Hades-Elemental be completely replaced or will they appear as normal monsters?
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Doomshadow wrote:Will monsters like the Diabloist and Hades-Elemental be completely replaced or will they appear as normal monsters?
They'll act like how the Archons and Deathknights did in Episode 2, kinda mid bosses, probably to guard some important object.

EDIT: Here's the almost complete Archon. I'm almost done with the death sequence. Maybe i'll finish it by tonight (if i dont spend all my time playing Flyff again).

BouncyTEM
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

results of boredom + agreeing that green should be orange instead.

I'm so getting killed for this. :p

Awesome work, Eriance. truly awesome.
eliw00d

Post by eliw00d »

nothing against eriance's work, but i do like the orange version better. it gives it more of that hell style. green makes it seem like its poison or something, whereas orange makes it seem like some sort of hellish flame. my two cents, anyways.
Nash

Post by Nash »

I think orange is better too.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I also like the orange version better... the combination of bright colours makes me think of candy. ^^;
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Yeah, the orange does look better then green, I do have to agree on that. But still, the sprite set is just plain awesome
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Hmm...

I like the green better, but oh well.
solarsnowfall

Post by solarsnowfall »

I think the orange hand glows are more aesthetically pleasing because they compliment the hooves. Those paticular shades of green and orange tend to clash in a traditional color wheel sense. But hey, either one makes an awesome monster.
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

I prefer the green one. Though the orange does match, the green looks cooler for the ArchonofHell's fireballs.
Rone Kyakone

Post by Rone Kyakone »

This thing is amazing. One of the best Doom sprite edits I've ever seen. It looks sort of like a hellish golem. I do agree with a lot of people that it's a little too colorful with the green.

Are you able to make certain colors on it full-bright in ZDoom? Because it would be perfect for the magma-y parts to glow in the dark. Actually, you could probably make the whole sprite full-bright since the parts that wouldn't glow are black anyway.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”