Download latest release
(version number always starts with target GZDoom version.)
To use, just run the downloaded .zip file as you would a .pk3.
(If there's a ~"compiled"~ .pk7 in the release, however, just use that.)
NB: Here is a version of HD that is playable in Zandronum. Thanks to Sledge/Somagu for this. Please note that I am not in a position to update or bugfix this.
NB: On that note, here's a link to the unofficial HD Discord.
A gameplay mod that:
- Slows the player down to more anatomically plausible speeds;
- Adds and modifies weapons and adds numerous options to better emulate the behaviour of real-life counterparts; and
- Beefs up various monsters and items for verisimilitude and difficulty.
Quickstart (no seriously read this if you're new to this mod):
- Use slot 9 or look down in case you're bleeding to death.
- Use medikits to stop bleeding.
- Hit the reload key to reload. (Hold the key to avoid dropping the mag.)
- Hit the unload key (user4) to strip ammo from your current weapon.
- Hit the alternate reload and fire mode keys (user1 and user2) to operate certain alternative functions on your weapon. (Details in the manual.)
- Tap or hold the use/open door key to pick up things and melee people.
- Hit the user3 key to charge or reorganize magazines or batteries.
- Hold the jump key in front of a low ledge to climb over it.
- Hold the run/walk key to run.
- Stop moving and hold the use/open door key to view all inventory.
Related mods (check out the the main addons list for more)
- RightInfinity's modified sight crosshairs
- Morcillete's maps and other stuff!
- Silentdarkness12's addons including new monsters, HUD and gameplay tweaks
- ZikShadow's alternate weapon sprites and sounds
- Turbo's Doom 64 shotgun sprite replacers, based in part on Cage's handed shotgun pump animations.
- New zombies with different SSG/SMG sprites, also by Turbo
- He also has a compatibility patch for RTC-3057!
- Morcillete's alternate sprites and effects mod featuring JoeyTD and Xim's edit of the Terminator: Rampage rifle sprite and various sounds from SoundBible.com
- Caligari's fork of Droplets and DarkDoomZ)
- SidDoyle's Droplets mod
- Hellstorm Archon's ambient music pack
- Nash's Tilt++
- Sound pack from HD's May 4, 2015 update (2.7MB)
- Operation Gambler by YoBadMama
- Doom Recon by Morcillete
- Office Assault by mumblemumble
- Witchhouse by Leon Portier