I recently released a public beta for the first episode of Ultimate Simplicity, my oh so oxymoronic megawad, at Doomworld forums. Today though, I released a larger scale beta, which includes all of the following episodes:
- Episode 1 - Fortified Base
- Episode 2 - Pathway to Hell
- Episode 4 - Director's Cut
- MAP01 - MAP05 have been remade entirely from scratch.
- Almost every map in this megawad has undergone layout changes, gameplay tweaks, etc.
- Difficulty settings have been implemented fully on all maps, excluding Episode 4 (more on that later), although they haven't been thoroughly tested, at least on Episode 2 (hence the whole "public beta" thing).
- Every map should be fully cooperative compatible. Again, this excludes Episode 4.
Now, we have Episode 4. Its title should be fairly self-explanatory, as it includes a variety of maps that were cut from the project because, well, they sucked. They are provided as-is, with minimum modifications made to them. Here's the episode's disclaimer, taken directly from the wad itself:
Now that we've got all that useless information out of the way, you can download the current Ultimate Simplicity beta here, and the text file here. ZDoom 2.1.7 is needed to play the WAD (don't even think about playing it in 2.1.6 or I'll cry like a gigantic emo) .The Director’s Cut episode is a collection of all the maps that have been cut from the normal three episodes during the course of the WAD’s production due to lack of quality. Be advised that some of these maps are really, really bad. You may or may not be at risk of going blind when playing these maps. You have been warned.
Comments and criticism are appreciated.
Oh yeah, and if you've never played the original Simplicity, or just want some screenshots to look at, you can always look at the site here.