Demon Eclipse Mod Thread - New Beta Up-Testers needed. p. 1

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Osiris Kalev

Post by Osiris Kalev »

This new map is pretty cool. I noticed it was a lot easier than the original one. The whole second episode is about 10% easier than what it was since those damn cubes aren't so powerful anymore. Also, didn't notice any bugs at all throughout the whole second episode. Keep up the awesome work, can't wait to see the next episode.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Osiris wrote:This new map is pretty cool. I noticed it was a lot easier than the original one. The whole second episode is about 10% easier than what it was since those damn cubes aren't so powerful anymore. Also, didn't notice any bugs at all throughout the whole second episode. Keep up the awesome work, can't wait to see the next episode.
The original one was just a piece of crap. It was my first Zdoom Doom-Hexen format map and I didn't know what do work the stuff at the time. The new one is indeed easier, almost too easy. I've alreayd updated it to make it a big more challanging by adding some tougher enemies. But I dont want to make it a frustration-fest that was the original. I'm testing it out right now and fixed some small graphic-related bugs.
Osiris Kalev

Post by Osiris Kalev »

I just noticed a possible bug in the new map with the version you just uploaded. I noticed that I hadn't killed every monster on the map. I checked through the whole level and there were none. I had killed 99 out of 103. Maybe some monsters didn't teleport in properly? Anyway, those changes to the monsters did add more challenge. My only suggestion is that for Ultra Violent, maybe you should change some of the demons to blood fiends? Meh, only a suggestion.

BTW, I didn't think the old one was crap. I thought it was pretty good, espcially if compared with any of my maps. :wink:
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Osiris wrote:I just noticed a possible bug in the new map with the version you just uploaded. I noticed that I hadn't killed every monster on the map. I checked through the whole level and there were none. I had killed 99 out of 103. Maybe some monsters didn't teleport in properly? Anyway, those changes to the monsters did add more challenge. My only suggestion is that for Ultra Violent, maybe you should change some of the demons to blood fiends? Meh, only a suggestion.

BTW, I didn't think the old one was crap. I thought it was pretty good, espcially if compared with any of my maps. :wink:
I probably forgot to put a +Repeatable Action flat to my teleporter defs. However, if you are using GZdoom 1.0.20 and below, if you spawned a friendly monster, and it ended up dying, it wont count towards the monsters killed but will count towards the total monsters. Thus giving you a screwed results on the map.

The Original Map07 is still there. Its not map41, I didnt feel like throwing it away completely. It wont be used though.
================================================
Update: Here's the newest version. THis fixes some bugs from the last one that screwed up with GZdoom v.1.0.21.

There are two downloads. If you didn't get the last version, the full Zip is on the top of the 1st page. If you already got the last version, download the file below.

Download Link: http://www.mooload.com/new/file.php?fil ... 2NWEAP.zip

All you need to do is unzip this file, and put all its contents into the DE-PKG.zip you got from the last beta. This will replace the "DE-EP2" and "DE-WEAP" wads, which caused some bugs.

=================
ChangesDE v.2.0.3
=================
Weapons:
-Fixed Vorpal blade bug that caused the weapon not to charge up in GZdoom 1.0.21. (thanks to HotWax)
-Vorpal Blade now charges up dispite Phantomsphere or Partial Invisibility.
-Soul-leech projectile-items now seek the player out, as it was meant to. (thanks to Graf Zahl)
-Soul-leech projectiles give less health; 1/3 hp instead of 2/6.
-Soul-leech now drains life with every shot.

Maps:
-Fixed the cheap way to get the blue key on Map07
-Moved hellsphere to a more visable location; changed the method of obtaining it.
-Made Map07 more difficult, fixed some texture errors, and added some more details.
-Edited some existing maps' item placements.
-Fixed some sound bugs within all maps.

Im not sure if the SoulLeech is too powerup now.
Osiris Kalev

Post by Osiris Kalev »

Um, found a bug in the new map07 ( :( Sorry, can't help it). In the room with the three cacodemons and the soulsphere behind the barricades, the roof gives a HOM.
Sorry bout this. I feel like a nuisance right now.
Vader

Post by Vader »

Downloading now :)

edit:
The new map7 is pretty good and in general an improvement, although i liked the beginning of the old one a bit more... and i don't had this visual glitch Osiris shows in the screenshot.

Don't know if this is a bug, but is the Hellsphere supposed to last this long?
I still had the effect when I was exiting the map and I didn't run quickly through it!

I don't think the soul leech is overpowered btw.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

@Osiris: Try switching your texture filturing style to none instead of whatever you're using. Also, turn off Dynamic lighting. That ceiling uses a slope and some people has had troube with dynamic lights on slanted surfaces with GZdoom; atleast that what I was told. I dont have that bug because I cant use anything other than NONE for texture filture or GZDoom just locks up on me. Most likely due to my shit-of-a-graphics card. So unfortunately, I'm unable to test any other filter styles.

@Vader: Yes, the hellsphere lasts through the entire map, like the berserk. It was originally meant for EP3, but I added it to the "Hellforge" stage to make it a bit easier during the boss fight (it's a secret on that map). I thought It would be useful with all the cubes that you fight in new map07 also, so I put one there. It's made to last that long because there are two stages in Ep3 that have excessive damaging sectors that would probably drive people insane. :wink:
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Ugh, I had another shot at the boss last night and he raped me again. Really how much health has that thing got?! I'd love to see a health bar for him or something.
Vader

Post by Vader »

Ah ok, that makes sense!
Does the Hellsphere have any other effect other than the fire protection btw?
I'd love to see a health bar for him or something.
seconded!
It's always nice to see how much more hits a boss can take before it's dead.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

@CutmanMike: He has 7000 HP, but he regenerates 300 HP everytime he goes into the defensive mod (the thing with the firey pentagram) while reflecting projectiles. I will add a boss meter to it in the next upgrade whenever I find more than 30 minutes to work on it. x_x I'll need to look in Simplicity to see how the boss health meter works.

I will also add a item generation script to the Hellforge boss area so that the player doesn't run out of ammo so much and have to resort to kicking his ass with the Vorpal Blade :lol: (which is doable).

@Vader: The Hellsphere reduces Most damage from floors (unless it does more than 20%) and gives gives you +Fireresist (cuts 50% of all fire damage) and makes you immune to splash damage. It was designed for EP3 with the excessive fire-type monsters that would otherwise pound the player to death in seconds. (best used against annoying arch-viles). I WAS going to give it a ammo regeneration effect, but that seems to crash the game, so i took it out. Plus, it would be too powerful, anyway.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Health bars are easy. Just make a graphic to represent a health "unit" and decide how many of them you're going to draw for 100% health. Then just use this calculation to get how many you need to draw based on the enemy's current health:

Bars = Maxbars * BossHealth / MaxHealth

The rest is just a for loop that prints that many bars on the screen in succession.

[edit]Fixed so Graf won't yell at me again. :roll:
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

HotWax wrote:Health bars are easy. Just make a graphic to represent a health "unit" and decide how many of them you're going to draw for 100% health. Then just use this calculation to get how many you need to draw based on the enemy's current health:

Bars = Maxbars * BossHealth / MaxHealth

The rest is just a for loop that prints that many bars on the screen in succession.

[edit]Fixed so Graf won't yell at me again. :roll:
Sweet, thanks. Gonna try that.
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Eriance wrote:@CutmanMike: He has 7000 HP
Is the 7000 a typo? I thought the HellSmith had 6000 HP, since the 'Linetarget' command says 6000 HP. (I downloaded your recent version).
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Unknown_Assassin wrote:
Eriance wrote:@CutmanMike: He has 7000 HP
Is the 7000 a typo? I thought the HellSmith had 6000 HP, since the 'Linetarget' command says 6000 HP. (I downloaded your recent version).
Oops. It is 6000. I dropped it in the recent versions from 7000 and forgot about it.
Alterworldruler

Post by Alterworldruler »

How goes episode 3 eriance?

Return to “Editing (Archive)”