Demon Eclipse Mod Thread - New Beta Up-Testers needed. p. 1

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Would like to play this but I get

Code: Select all

Script error, "DECORATE" line 3072: Expected '{', got 'Replaces'.
when I try to run it. Any tips?
Nash

Post by Nash »

1) You must use GZDoom.

2) Looks like you're using an ancient version before the Replaces feature got added.

Get the latest version of GZDoom at http://grafzahl.drdteam.org/gzdoom/GZDo ... 1-0-21.zip
Belial

Post by Belial »

Meh, all of the weapons and monsters seemed fine to me. Never noticed any of this overpowered/underpowered nonsense. The beginning of map10 is easy, Deathknights are just Wraithverge fodder, etc. etc.

The only enemy that seemed somewhat overpowered was the final boss, but that's only because he reflects projectiles when he's charging, which happens at random and can be a nasty surprise if you've just fired the Wraithverge.

Found some wrong textures in map08 on linedefs 7595 ansd 7598. Most lava sectors in the main cave aren't set to damage the player, probably not intended since some of them are.
Last edited by Belial on Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vader

Post by Vader »

Speaking of the final boss;
I found it somewhat easy, because you could just jump onto the wall sorrounding the arena, where you're mostly safe from his attacks and most importantly the damaging lava.
Maybe it's intentional, but I doubt it...
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Nash wrote:1) You must use GZDoom.

2) Looks like you're using an ancient version before the Replaces feature got added.

Get the latest version of GZDoom at http://grafzahl.drdteam.org/gzdoom/GZDo ... 1-0-21.zip
Ah, I did install the new version but I accidently unpacked it into a subdir of the old version of GZDoom, so I was trying to make it run with a previous version. Trying to run it with the correct version did, much to the surprise of anyone living most of his life in a heavily drugged state, worked. Thanks for helping out.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Belial wrote:Meh, all of the weapons and monsters seemed fine to me. Never noticed any of this overpowered/underpowered nonsense. The beginning of map10 is easy, Deathknights are just Wraithverge fodder, etc. etc.

Your opinion does not represent the average player's skill. Never forget that!
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

I think the weapons were brilliant, but some just unneeded. I mean there's 2 BFG's!

Ahh if only I could find the time to play coop with someone. This is coop compatable right?
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

@Vader: No that was not intended. I simply forgot to take into account that people can jump up there. It's been fixed. There is a secret that will protect you from the lava and his fire-damage though. :wink:

@Belial: Hm, I'll need to check the lava thing. I was sure that I set all the lava pools to damage unless the player can't cross into it. Thanks for the Bug reporting. When you mean "main cave" do you mean the first cave (before the 2 archviles), or the second larger one?

@CutmanMike: If i'm understanding you correctly, the second BFG is the devastator? Or are you just talking about EP 2? Because I dont think there was another BFG (unless you power -up weapons). The Devastator and some of the other techy weapons are for Episode 4. I Just stuck them in there so people can rip them if they needed to.

And Yes, they are coop compatible. however, I haven't been able to Coop test the entire set of maps, so some might be rediculously high on monsters or low on ammo. Please tell me so if they are.

The maps I did get to coop test with bouncy was Maps 1-2 and 7-9.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Progress Report: I've finished about 50% of the new Map07. I'm not sure if its actually better, but its certainly rommier and easier to move around of.
Last edited by Amuscaria on Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Uhh hmm it was a weapon I got with Give All yes I suppose (Starting the last level with no weapons is a bad idea...). It sort of shoots a red BFG, but you can "store" the charged shot for later, which gives me a good idea for a new weapon of my own :P
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Cutmanmike wrote:Uhh hmm it was a weapon I got with Give All yes I suppose (Starting the last level with no weapons is a bad idea...). It sort of shoots a red BFG, but you can "store" the charged shot for later, which gives me a good idea for a new weapon of my own :P
yeah, that is for the 4th episode. You can also use it as a chainaw once the shot is stored. :lol:
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Ayup, that's what I was going to do. Only for the states, spawn a ball infront of the player constantly which gives off radius damage. The ball fires off when you let go.
Belial

Post by Belial »

I meant the huge cave with the bridges.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

The new version of Map07 is 90% completed, all i need it to set difficulaty settings for the monsters and items and voila. Anyway, here are some screenshots from the first stable version.

A new Test Beta should be up tomarrow for those that are interested. Hopefully this map07 will be better than the last one. :lol:
Vader

Post by Vader »

Looks nice, though I really liked the beginning of the previous map07 :wink:
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Vader wrote:Looks nice, though I really liked the beginning of the previous map07 :wink:
The original map07 is still in the wad, though its been changed to map41 now. It wont be used, but i'll keep it around.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: The newest beta is up that fixes a few things as well as the new version of map07 "Reservoir of Fire". I've tested it about 4 times and I found it a bit too easy, but maybe other people have a different opinion. Anyway, I would appreciate it if someone would test it and give me some feedback.

The newest version is at the top of page 1.

Changes:

Monsters:
-Guardian Cubes not shoots a volley of 3 attacks instead of 5 (overpowered before).
-Guardians painchance increased to 64 from 32.
-Devils now only throw a max of 4 fireballs instead of 6. Less Aggressive overall.
-Death Incarnates now only shoots 1 hitscan attack instead of a series of 5.
-Hellnound now has flamethrower attack.

Maps:
-Completely remade map07.
-Changed the opening of map08 to match the new map07 ending.
-Fixed map08's lava not causing any damage in the second cave.
-Fixed a broken script that caused parts of map08 to not work.
-Rebuilt nodes using new ZBSP; made GLNodes for GZdoom.
IMPORTAMT NOTE: This mod DOES NOT work with GZdoom 1.0.21 because something about the update made the Vorpal blade not charge up when you hit an enemy as it was supposed to. I read over the list of changes but didn't find anything that would point to why that is. I'll fix this or report this as a bug when i find out more.

Return to “Editing (Archive)”