Demon Eclipse Mod Thread - New Beta Up-Testers needed. p. 1

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

In DB: Configuration -> Nodebuiler -> Select here a profile set the the Quick Nodebuild parameters -> ZDBSP Normal Build

Also, for damaging weapons use multiple 0 length states with "DamageThing(1)" as the action (See WildWeasels "The Stranger"'s Demon Arm)
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

TheDarkArchon wrote:In DB: Configuration -> Nodebuiler -> Select here a profile set the the Quick Nodebuild parameters -> ZDBSP Normal Build

Also, for damaging weapons use multiple 0 length states with "DamageThing(1)" as the action (See WildWeasels "The Stranger"'s Demon Arm)
I know how to select the Node builder, I just dont know what parameters to put for it. I read dr.sleeps pages, but that didnt help.

My current settings are

executable: C:/doom2/ZDBSP/ZDBSP.exe
Parameters: %f -o %f
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

ZDBSP should automatically recognoise polyobjects. Check your polyobjects for errors.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

TheDarkArchon wrote:ZDBSP should automatically recognoise polyobjects. Check your polyobjects for errors.
Ok, now it's saying it wont building my nodes.

"The Nodebuilder did not build the required structure. Please ensure there are no errors in your map"

"You map will be saved without the nodes"

Heres the Screenshot of the error that it doesnt build nodes:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/28046746/

Here's the error when it DOES build nodes, but warps the map:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/28046784/
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

What happens if you run the node builder from a command prompt? Do you get any errors reported by ZDBSP directly?

I'm not sure of what DBs error checking is like, but have you run the map through the error checker to see what it comes up with?
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Enjay wrote:What happens if you run the node builder from a command prompt? Do you get any errors reported by ZDBSP directly?

I'm not sure of what DBs error checking is like, but have you run the map through the error checker to see what it comes up with?
haha, i would run an error checker if i was using DB versions higher than 1.0. I'm currently using 1.0 because i think it's easier to use. But I have managed to remedy the problem by using two versions of doom builder. I use 1.0 to build and make most of the map, and if there are any poly object iddues, i use 1.67 to build nodes with ZDBSP. So far, it's working pretty well.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Worked the whole day on a new room:
Filled with detail and architecture and special effects ;)

*EDIT*
BTW, I could need some more hellish textures in the resource wad! Could you be so kind and add some more? Especially more hellish light sources!
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Tormentor667 wrote:Worked the whole day on a new room:
EDIT*
BTW, I could need some more hellish textures in the resource wad! Could you be so kind and add some more?
Making some right now. Hopefully the wad wont cause DB to explode with all the textures O_o. Looking VERY nice there. I worked all day on my wad as well (and spend like 2 hours trying to fix Polygon bleeds).

Question. ON those black archive and baron faces, how did you get it so it's gradiant. The same thing i saw on your Zdoom cummunity project with the graiant lighting. Do i need GZDoom? I'm izing normal 0.96x right now. Alzo, how did you get the wierd watery sky?
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Gradient lighting = many sectors put next to each other with different light amounts. His watery surfaced sky is a translucent ceiling acheived with stacked sectors.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Eriance - Well, the horizontal gradient is easy to do, because it is just done with the help of some sectors:
Making a vertical gradient is a bit more complex and you need controlsectors and the help of the "Transfer_Brightness" special.
Concernint the watery sky: It is no stacked sector as Kirby explained, it is the combination of a Skybox and the warp-special that you can set up in the ANIMDEFS lump. I have defined a few new textures between the TX_START and TX_END markers and added some ANIMDEFS information to make them look like beautiful liquids.

BTW: Continued on the mainroom, but it is still not finished:
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Oh and by the way: Can you create some of those ERUST textures also in Gray/Black and in Dark/Ted? If possible all of them, shouldnt be too hard but they might really help, if they come fast enough ;)
Nash

Post by Nash »

Whoa there now wait just a darn minute!

I thought stacked sectors + skyboxes were broken!?

I tried doing the same effect (transparent sky) but ZDoom crashed miserably.

What version is that you're using, Tormy?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

As I said, no stacked sectors in the skybox! It's just the skybox, some flames in the skybox that are also warping as the ceiling itself! BTW: Room is finished now, working on other interior structures!
Nash

Post by Nash »

But... the warped ceiling is translucent... the only way to achieve that is by using stacked sectors right... ?
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Tormentor667 wrote:Oh and by the way: Can you create some of those ERUST textures also in Gray/Black and in Dark/Ted? If possible all of them, shouldnt be too hard but they might really help, if they come fast enough ;)
Working on it ^_^. You mean Dark RED right? And wow...you put that many sectors just to get it gradient O_O. Very impressive work. The Atmophsere is cool. I wonder what it would look like if it had some creepy red fog. I was gonna try that on my hap...but didin't know how O_o.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the updated version of my map so far. Added about 8 rooms (though some of very small). Learned how to use the Light Sequence thingy from hexen; never knew i could do that before. Using Doom Builder 1.67, i managed to fix all the Polygonbleeds. Which is good.

Screenshot: http://www.deviantart.com/view/28057501/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO Tormentor667: I can't make the red rust textures, Doom doesn;t have enough red colors. I made some but there quality is severly reduced. I did managed to make the darkish grey ones, but there was also a bit of quality loss.

Here's the updated resource wad with a bunch of new flats and textures. Most of the flats are just animated gateways edited from Requiem. A new Updated DE-Main2 wad has the updated version of the Devastator (now it really devastates!). Have fun messing around with them.

http://rapidshare.de/files/11623951/DE-MAIN.zip.html

Return to “Editing (Archive)”