Demon Eclipse Mod Thread - New Beta Up-Testers needed. p. 1

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Killer_Of_Doom

Post by Killer_Of_Doom »

@Eriance: about the decorating, just send me the sprites of what you want decorated and a rough outline of what kind of attacks you want it to have and health etc.
That way you can concentrate on your mapping and let me do most of the decorating.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Killer_Of_Doom wrote:@Eriance: about the decorating, just send me the sprites of what you want decorated and a rough outline of what kind of attacks you want it to have and health etc.
That way you can concentrate on your mapping and let me do most of the decorating.
Download the Main resource wad. It has everything you need. Some of the monsters are in their testing stages, so they aren't all that fancy. I was hoping that the archon can have 3 circling baron fireballs when it comes into action (got idea from that Afrite in mrw). I dont know how to do it correctly (all my fireballs just shoots at the player). If you could do that, it be great.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are two screenshots of the first room i made for E2M4 "Hell Keep".

1) http://www.deviantart.com/view/28001979/

2) http://www.deviantart.com/view/28002005/

I'm having some poly object issues though. At certain angles, the textures of the polyobject would disappear for some reason and you'll be able to see right through it. I tried all sorts of things, and I can't fix it. Any ideas?
Killer_Of_Doom

Post by Killer_Of_Doom »

I got those archon ball orbit's working, and I was thinking of adding an attack which he would run at the player (using skullattack) and leave a trail of fire behind him, It would look cool!!

And nice shots there by the way. This project is goin to be great!!! :thumb:
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Killer_Of_Doom wrote:I got those archon ball orbit's working, and I was thinking of adding an attack which he would run at the player (using skullattack) and leave a trail of fire behind him, It would look cool!!

And nice shots there by the way. This project is goin to be great!!! :thumb:
Oh i forgot to mention something very important. I'm sure you've tested all the new weapons by now, and that Wraithverge thing isn't acting like it's supposed to. It works, but it doesnt function just like the wraith version. If it's possible, can you get a weapon that acts just like the wraithverge, but shoots out 6 souls? Thanks in advance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: I've managed to fixed the disappearing polyobject issue simply be remaking the polyobect, the srruounding sector, and sectors where the object was placed. I'm not sure what was wrong, but it's fixed now. O_o
Here's the new screenshot of "Hell Keep"

http://www.deviantart.com/view/28017700/
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Nice screens so far, Eriance! :)
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

I agree with the above, though may I suggest a new sky? Something blacker and stormy should fit the bill for the look there.
Killer_Of_Doom

Post by Killer_Of_Doom »

@ Eriance: I cant get that wraithverge thing working. We could just inherit from the hexen one and change the sprite names so it would use the lost soul sprites like your version.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Phobus wrote:I agree with the above, though may I suggest a new sky? Something blacker and stormy should fit the bill for the look there.
Oh yeah, we have a new fire. It's actual a big Fire. I just didn't do the Map Info lump for that map yet ^_^;.
Killer_Of_Doom wrote:@ Eriance: I cant get that wraithverge thing working. We could just inherit from the hexen one and change the sprite names so it would use the lost soul sprites like your version.
You can change the sprites when you inheretit something from another game? o.o I tried that once and I can get it. If you get it working, make sure to post the new Deocorate for the weapon. Can you change the damage the spiritis do too?
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

KoD: can't you just get the thing to fire the wraithverge's ball? Just fire "HolyMissile".
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

TheDarkArchon wrote:KoD: can't you just get the thing to fire the wraithverge's ball? Just fire "HolyMissile".
I tried that.

I did something like this:

SoulShot : HolyMissile
{
Speed 20
SeeSound "Weapons/Justfi"

States
{
Spawn
SOUL AB 4 Bright A A_CustomMissle ("WhiteSmoke",0,0,0)
}
}
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

I meant get the weapon to fire the wraithverge shot. All you need to do then is include sprites.

Sprites for the projectile and spirits are as follows:

SPIR A to B - Spirit in flight
SPIR C to J - Spirit death
SPIR K to O - I'm not sure.
SPIR P - Projectile
SPIR Q to U - Projectile smoke trail
Killer_Of_Doom

Post by Killer_Of_Doom »

Okay I got it working by using Holymissile and including the sprites. To make it more powerful, I have if firing two holymissile's at one time.

Is there any other weapons you want modifyed?
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Killer_Of_Doom wrote:Okay I got it working by using Holymissile and including the sprites. To make it more powerful, I have if firing two holymissile's at one time.

Is there any other weapons you want modifyed?
Yes actually. I forgot to to this before I sent the resource pack. The Hellstaff (weapon 5) should drain life when you run out of ammo. Make it take 3 HP but fires two hellshots at once (each at an angle). I think all you have to do is put "ammooptional" and then make it jump a few frames and put "A_TakeInventory ("health", 3)". I could be wrong. Also, do you have any idea how to make the Bloodshot (the blood projectiles) wiggle in the opposite directions? What i mean is. In Hexen, the serpent staff fires two green things; one wiggles towards the right, and the other towards the left. All the bloodshots in my weapon wiggles towards the right. I dont know how to make it wiggle the other way.
Killer_Of_Doom

Post by Killer_Of_Doom »

Okay, I should be able to do the hell staff thing, but I dont think I can do anything about the blood shots going to the right
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

OK, i ave a big problem now: Polyobject bleeding. Everything was working fine until I added new sctors in. Then all the polyobjects begun to bleed. I tried to use ZDBSP but it made things WAY worse; the entire map got warped and all the vertextexs got moved around resulting in a map with no sectors. I have no idewa how to get Doombuilder to use ZDBSP correctly. Any ideas on what i can do? I tried to remove all the sectors that was touching the polyobjects and remade the polyobjects from scratch, and still it bleed. I also used the method of eddect sectors to where the polyobject is; it helped, but not much.

Return to “Editing (Archive)”