Demon Eclipse Mod Thread - New Beta Up-Testers needed. p. 1

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Alterworldruler

Post by Alterworldruler »

it will be for doom1 or 2? if doom 1 then this sucks because i dont' have doom 1 anymore
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Started working ;)
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

As have I :)

EDIT: sorry if its a bit dark, but then again its a dungeon! :P
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

You know, I think you people just take screenshots of a black room to hide that you haven't done anything! :D

8-)
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

If that's having done nothing, then my best is their nothing :shock:

I'm already quite amazed at just how quickly they can make that sort of detail, considering how long it's taking me to do the same sort of thing in a tech environment.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

HOLY Crap. You guys are fast O_O. Thanks a bunch! I'm still working on some sprites and started on the Hellkeep. Also drawing some monster concepts to help me sprite them. I'll upload those as soon as possible.

Edit: Hey Tormentor, how did you get the slopes and the floors to use the same textures as the walls and stuff? My slopes always used a stretched version of the floor texture.
Alterworldruler wrote:it will be for doom1 or 2? if doom 1 then this sucks because i dont' have doom 1 anymore
It will use Zdoom 2.0.96x Doom2. But if Zdoom doesn't have the power up capabilities the mod needs, then I will somehow have to use a edited 0.96x port of my own.
Tormentor667 wrote:Little hint: Add the "Additive Translucency" effect to the Nightmare, this makes it look better!
Sweet, it does work better. Thanks for the suggesions.
Last edited by Amuscaria on Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Eriance - Thx ;) Conc. "your own port", don't do that because of forward-compatibility! It's always good to play mods later on more advanced ports like GZDoom or even ZDoom 3.0 ;) Conc. the slopes: In ZDoom you can use wall-textures on floors and vice versa with flats on walls. If it is stretched to hard, then you can still play around with "Sector_SetFloorScale" to adjust their scaling and making stretched floors on planes look more beautiful ;)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Oh and yes, we are indeed fast but the resources you delivered are very useful indeed ;)
I get a lot of ideas by just browsing through them :)
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

Okay, now I can see something, and it looks AWESOME! :shock: Very nice, Torm (off-topic, a belated welcome back. Glad you didn't stay away)
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Tormentor667 wrote:Conc. the slopes: In ZDoom you can use wall-textures on floors and vice versa with flats on walls.
I can? How? Doombuilding only shows the Flats and wall textures seperately. Ofcourse, i'm using version 1.0 since resaving my maps made on version 1.0 with version after it tends to mess up all the textures. Do I need to use scripts?

Oh yeah another thing. If you dont mind taking a suggestion. Ad the end of your Tower of suffering, mind making it kinda like that Tower of Hades' from congestion 1024? IT should have a closed of portal in the center and after you kill a bunch of demons it will open, it takes the player to the secret Hellforge boss stage.
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

You can chose in the prefs to mix flats and textures I think. If not, just put the name in anyway; it'll show up ingame.

8-)
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

Secret? Where?
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Caligari_87 wrote:You can chose in the prefs to mix flats and textures I think. If not, just put the name in anyway; it'll show up ingame.

8-)
Huh, i never knew that. Now I can delete a bunch of flats that are just wall textures. Sweet. ^_^
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

I've been out most of the day, but here's a new room :)

And on another note: This is just my personal opinion, but I do think that the Wraith's speed should be increaded a little. Otherwise, they're not that threatening unless there's 6 or more
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Kirby wrote:I've been out most of the day, but here's a new room :)

And on another note: This is just my personal opinion, but I do think that the Wraith's speed should be increaded a little. Otherwise, they're not that threatening unless there's 6 or more
wowies, looking very nice there. I should post some new screenshots as well. Both you and Tormentor667 seems to like to use the dark looking textures ^_^, so i'll use it too to keep the theme going: Black and red is my favorite color combo, afterall.

Yeah I will increase the speed. The primary function of it is to possess dead monsters and bring them back alive. I will also make the render style Additive to make it look more ghostly.
Last edited by Amuscaria on Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Editing (Archive)”