[Fixed] A couple of annoying problems...

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Cyb wrote:this thread makes baby jesus cry
Taken out of context, but it still applies. (See topic "In less than 10 years, ZDoom will be dead.").
cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

You know, I can now accurately guess what will be taken over in dwforums3.wad... the ZDoom forums. :o
David Ferstat

Post by David Ferstat »

giest118 wrote:I think you're an ass hole.
No, Hotwax is more accurately described as an argumentative, sarcastic jackass (at least, some of the time :) ) but "asshole" is too far.

Hotwax, at least, has proven many a time that he can give a positive contribution to this forum, and is, usually, only rude to people who've already demonstated their own lack of manners and/or intelligence.

You, on the other hand, need to remember that, like all guests here, you are here under sufferance, and your aggressive tone to date seems guaranteed to annoy people.

Please, moderate your language and attitude if you want people to treat you with any courtesy, or offer their assistance to you.
David Ferstat

Post by David Ferstat »

Biff wrote:You are beginning to learn from the master debater!
Nope. Not quite right, there.

We're talking quantity, not quality, here.

It's debating for large groups of people, hence "mass" debater.
:lol:
Last edited by David Ferstat on Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Ferstat

Post by David Ferstat »

giest118 wrote:... And second: My answer is E) You've corrupted this post with your filthy, immature insults and everyone hates you. Yeah, I think that's a good answer.
Right, that was Hotwax calling people fags, simple-minded and socially [censored word]. Right.

Oh. No. How foolish of me. It wasn't Hotwax.

It was in fact:
giest118 wrote:You remind me very much of someone at my school called Daniel Marshall.... yeah... he's a fag....... He has basically the same simple-minded retardedness that you have.... Hm! Now I think about it, there isn't really much difference between you guys. Let's see...

1) you're both fags

2) simple-minded

3) socially [censored word]

Let's examine this a little bit.

As far as I'm aware, Hotwax is a "he". For all I know, mind you, he's a "she". Even the name he/she used to use could indicate either.

Of course, if Hotwax is a she (which we simply don't know) then "fag" is, necessarily, inaccurate, as I understand modern spoken American. (Yes, I mean American. It damn well ain't English! )

I haven't even touched on the immaturity of "fag" as an insult. I'll settle for saying that, "straight" as a I am, I'm very happy to know the few gays that I do, and hold them in uniformly high-esteem, an honour not shared by many teenage males.

Is Hotwax simple-minded? I don't think so. After sharing a forum with him for several years, I can say that he (just for argument's sake) tends to go for slightly more advanced insults.

Socially [censored word]? So who's the homophobe here? And, of course, your picture was the very height of wit.

Not.

For the last time, please practice some moderation in your speech and attitude, or Hotwax's responses will be all you receive.
Nanami

Post by Nanami »

I am bisexual and I take offense to this thread.
David Ferstat

Post by David Ferstat »

Nanami wrote:I am bisexual and I take offense to this thread.
Umm ... the whole thread?
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Damn, he's still talking? Sorry, I was worrying about more important things, like watching grass grow, or counting dust particles.

I hope I haven't offended you, Nanami, but I would also point out that most of the time someone uses the term "fag" as an insult, they are not infact calling someone homosexual, although yes, it is most often used by people who, should they ever see a homosexual or bisexual person, would probably go "EWWWWWWW". In any case, when I think of the slang fag, this is the definition I see:

1) A degrading term for a homosexual person.
2) An insult, most typically applied to males, that is synonomous with "stupid, idiot, loser, gay* etc. (*In this context, "gay" is defined much the same way. See also: "That's SO gay", etc)
3) A cigarette, or a bundle of sticks. :D

So, while it can and is used by people to insult homosexuals, it should not be inherently taken to mean "You are a homosexual and I hate you." when it is used. I have a gay friend IRL who agrees with me 100% on this, and is not in the least offended when he hears those words. I'm not saying you shouldn't be, mind; just giving you a different perspective on the matter.
Biff

Post by Biff »

As someone with a child who has been saddled with the extra load of coping with being "born" homosexual, enduring the extra load of taunts, threats and mindless hate through high school, I am as offended as he is when I hear that term now. Please avoid it, you never know when you're hurting the feelings of the person right next to you.
Ultraviolet

Post by Ultraviolet »

Ugh. Alright, I see how it is. I'm sorry I read this.

Heh, though, a ZDFORUMS.WAD would have... well, there would be no moderators or admins. There would have to be some odd plot twist to throw in major big baddies (like the Hitler twins in DWFORUMS2), but it wouldn't be in the context of the forums here, really...

I'm all for Randy being represented by several boss shooters in... hey, I'm not telling you. I already have exactly what I wanna use at home written down waiting for me to continue! Originally I was gonna do a ROTGS-atmosphere meets gothic and tech architectural themes... plus a lot of quiet...

Anyway, Randy = boss shooter, modify the Doom monster sprites to wear the avatars of the ZDoom forums users.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

Ultraviolet wrote:Heh, though, a ZDFORUMS.WAD would have... well, there would be no moderators or admins. There would have to be some odd plot twist to throw in major big baddies (like the Hitler twins in DWFORUMS2), but it wouldn't be in the context of the forums here, really...

I'm all for Randy being represented by several boss shooters in... hey, I'm not telling you. I already have exactly what I wanna use at home written down waiting for me to continue! Originally I was gonna do a ROTGS-atmosphere meets gothic and tech architectural themes... plus a lot of quiet...

Anyway, Randy = boss shooter, modify the Doom monster sprites to wear the avatars of the ZDoom forums users.
i was thinking about making a wad like this, but i couldnt think of a plot line... maybe a thing about the duck attack and hotwax vs RL fights and stuff...

heh... fighting randy at the end... give the boss brain a script like this

Code: Select all

script 999 (void)
{
	consolecommand(error_fatal "I am the almighty randy! i am the master of ZDoom! you cannot defeat me! i always win! HAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!!ONEONEONE");
}
Cyb

Post by Cyb »

oh man, how did I miss this thread, it's pure comedy gold!

I especially liked
And what the hell does ROTFLMAO mean anyway? It sounds like the kind of thing Hitler would say.
man I'm still laughing
Nanami

Post by Nanami »

Hail Hitler! ROTFLMAO! Nein!
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

I would just like to say the following apology statements:

I'm sorry to any homosexual/bisexual people who might have been reading this thread. I know now that more than half the things I say in this forum are wrong, and really stupid to say. I will hereby make an effort to watch what I say in the future...
cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

There you go! Damn kids these days...

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”