Followcam actor?

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Apothem

Followcam actor?

Post by Apothem »

Wouldn't it be helpful if we could have a new type of camera called a "FollowCamera"? It would be the equivalent of the chasecamera but it would be an object that could be applied to any actor or object.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

sure. like cutscenes or something, while using actormover.
ace

Re: Followcam actor?

Post by ace »

Apothem wrote:Wouldn't it be helpful if we could have a new type of camera called a "FollowCamera"? It would be the equivalent of the chasecamera but it would be an object that could be applied to any actor or object.
Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm guessing though, that you would be using it for your vehicles project? ;)
Apothem

Re: Followcam actor?

Post by Apothem »

ace wrote:
Apothem wrote:Wouldn't it be helpful if we could have a new type of camera called a "FollowCamera"? It would be the equivalent of the chasecamera but it would be an object that could be applied to any actor or object.
Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm guessing though, that you would be using it for your vehicles project? ;)
Since this is a request, it prolly wont be available untill after i finish it.... that is if they decided to implement this. But it'd be nifty and i'd be willing to update the concept map if they did.
Chris
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Chris »

I think it'd be easier to be able to just attach the view camera to something, and then be able to switch to chasecam and back.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”