dennisj1 wrote:Does anyone have any documentation on the SNDEAX lump from ZDoom.Wad?
How interesting; I just started playing with the EAX things yesterday before seeing this thread. Here's what I found:
- get the EAX demo from zdoom/files. Read the included text file.
- split your WAD up into zones with Line_ID with a second parameter of 1. Remember to fully enclose the areas.
- Place EAX things in your zones.
- run ZDoom. open the console and type EAXEDIT.
- flip back and forth between EAXEDIT and ZDoom until you hear what you want.
- Write down the ID1 and ID2 numbers for each zone.
- put them into arg1 and arg2 of the EAX things you placed in your map.
I don't have it working 100% yet, but I'm pretty sure this is the process and I've overlooked something like a small 2s line so my zones aren't closed.