scaling maps?

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
ant1991331

scaling maps?

Post by ant1991331 »

i dont know, but im sure you can scale maps to a size you want, from larger, to smaller, i think you can in Doom Builder, but i cant find it, help me!!
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Select entire map (in sectors mode)

Shift + R or Edit -> Resize. There You go.
ant1991331

Post by ant1991331 »

thanks, i was going to make a the MAP31, its original size
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I did that exact same thing a few years ago. I also changed all the doors to Zdoom sliding poly objects, got the correct wall graphics out of Wolf3D, used Wolf enemy sprites to put the right guys in there etc etc. In other words it was a mini-tc. Of course, I lost the file along with the hard drive something like 2 computers ago. :roll:
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Making wolf 3D levels to wolfs original size can be fun :).

:twisted:
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Heh, I always found it pretty funny how Doomguy is half the size of Wolfensteinguy (B.J. or whatever) in that particular map. :P
HobbsTiger1

Post by HobbsTiger1 »

Some Half Life thing once showed that Doomguy was about 3 feet high.
Skeletor

Post by Skeletor »

Isn't it all relative?
HobbsTiger1

Post by HobbsTiger1 »

Well yes, I think this was assuming that the guy in Half-Life was the heoght listed in the game or manual or whatever. Then they converted a doom map to HL and did measurements or something. I think it was a joke.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Skeletor wrote:Isn't it all relative?
Yes it is. Funny thing is when you look at a lot of "my house" wads and other wads that feature "furniture" made from sectors and even from sprites and then compare them to the Doomguy sprite, the furniture is either huge or the Doomguy is a midget. :)

Go into your own living room. I bet the sofa back is about low-waist height and maybe the chairs are a little taller. Go into a "my house" wad and they will be at least shoulder height to the doomguy. I just checked the height my desk here. Floor to desktop 2' 4". Most desks in Doom, at least 32 units tall. Doomguy 56 units. If we assume he's a 6 footer, 56units = 6', 32 units = 3' 5" just too tall to be comfortable - unless you have a big chair - oh, wait... :D

Of course, all the humanoid figures in Doom are quite squat. Get a sprite from something like Dark Forces or RotT, where the sprites are reasonably human-proportioned and scale them to be Doomguy sprite height and they will be much skinnier than the Doomguy.
Skunk

Post by Skunk »

Can we fix that? Adjust the eye level in a wad?
Skunk

Post by Skunk »

bump
Siggi
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Siggi »

Making the FOV larger will make everything less squat... I think
Skunk

Post by Skunk »

FOV?
And I just want to know if you can adjust the POV so it's a little taller, for mods and stuff. That way, it doesn't look like the character is three feet tall.
ace

Post by ace »

Skunk wrote:FOV?
And I just want to know if you can adjust the POV so it's a little taller, for mods and stuff. That way, it doesn't look like the character is three feet tall.
That, or just make the surroundings smaller so to adjust the shortness. Works for me. ;)

Anyway, I don't think there is anything like that. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Return to “Editing (Archive)”