Brand New to Zlaunch

Talk about multiplayer ZDoom games here.
Forum rules
Anonymous

Brand New to Zlaunch

Post by Anonymous »

Okay, I just got zlaunch about a day ago was was tickled pink about being able to play doom with my buddies online, just like in the good old days of school....before we got kicked out of the computer lab.

So anyway, here's my problem, I can set up these games okay but then when I try to join a game on a freind's computer and send a connection request, it just sits there and never does anything. Or when I try to host a game it just says its listening for clients for forever. And another thing, I finally figured out my IP to have friends use my comp as a server, but zlaunch is telling me its something completly different form what I've got. Someone please please help me, I really wanna play multiplayer deathmatch. soooooo bad.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

um, i think you are talking about ZDaemon

go to there forums if you are
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

For what it's worth, it sound like your problem is a hardware router or NAT somewhere in your network. The reason your IP is different in whatever launcher you're using is because it's detecting your internal network address rather than your external one. If your friends aren't on the same network as you (e.g. you're trying to connect over the Internet), you're going to need to find out your external address and setup your firewall/router/NAT/whatever to allow communication to and from your computer inside the network. Sound complicated? Unfortunately, it is. :?
Anonymous

YAY!

Post by Anonymous »

Ah yes, it was zdeamon that I was looking for. I didn't have it but when I heard about it here, I downloaded it. Works like a charm!! Thanks!!
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Isn't ZDlaunch out of date? I think unleashed is better. And ZDlaunch doesn't seem to work with 2+ players, unless it's updated now.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

where can i get unleashed
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

johnc753 wrote:where can i get unleashed
http://www.martin2k.co.uk/vb6/exes/unleashed.php
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

johnc753 wrote:where can i get unleashed
Not from bumping posts that are a month and a half old, that's for sure . . .
Biff

Post by Biff »

HotWax wrote:Not from bumping posts that are a month and a half old, that's for sure . . .
His question was valid and in this case it matters little whether he made a new topic or just referenced the older topic. Let's not worry about bumping older posts when there is a proper reason, then there will be one less thing to complain about!
Tai

Post by Tai »

I've been using ZdLaunch usually to play most of the wads on the Newstuff Chronicles (Unless they require Legacy or JDoom or whichever other port..), but Unleashed looks cooler and easier to use. I think I'm going to check it out. =)
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Yay, the disease of unleashed spreads
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

i really liked the original ZDlaunch back in the 1.22 days but im forced to use unleashed cause im too lazy to use the cmd line. ZDLaunch was cool cause it was small and compact, with all the panels open in unleashed, it completly fills my 1600x1200 screen. i really wish that unleashed would have a tabbed version...

but thats just my oppinion
Tai

Post by Tai »

How do I get to see the title screen of a wad when I launch it with Unleashed instead of being warped directly to a level?
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

you dont

and that was another cool thing about ZDLaunch
Chris
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Chris »

I hate launchers that force you to start in a level. They should at least have the option.

Return to “Networking”