Ultimate Doom Builder

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
boris

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Post by boris »

If you updated UDB yesterday and get the error

Code: Select all

Could not load plugin "System.Memory.dll", plugin is missing the Plug class. This file is not supposed to be in the Plugins subdirectory.
please delete the System.Memory.dll from the Plugins directory (only there, not the one in the base installation directory).

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

I have an odd problem with UltimateDoomBuilder-r4165-x64 and UltimateDoomBuilder-r4166-x64

When dragging a pwad unto the shortcut then this happens

when pressing OK I get a crash report
Spoiler:
but when I oppen UDB first and get rid of this message

then the pwad opens as usual
SanyaWaffles
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 for the Motorola Powerstack II
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by SanyaWaffles »

Look up at the post above you, Kappes.
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

SanyaWaffles wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:24 pm Look up at the post above you, Kappes.
Thanks
22alpha22

Post by 22alpha22 »

I just updated Ultimate Doom Builder and opened one of my maps which is in UDMF format.

The map makes use of vertices sloping and when I went into visual mode I noticed that the slopes where not being displayed despite having Enhanced Rendering Effects turned on. I toggled it several times but nothing changed. I tried changing the height of the sloped sector directly and Doom Builder immediately crashed with the following error message.
Spoiler:
I've restarted Doom Builder a couple of times and reloaded the map but it never displays the slopes and always crashes when I try to edit the sloped sectors.

How it looks in Doom Builder with Enhanced Rendering Effects on.

How it looks in GZDoom.
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

22alpha22 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:20 am The map makes use of vertices sloping and when I went into visual mode I noticed ......
The screenshot and text do not mention which port you are using
Spoiler:
In GZDoom Doom2 UDMF enable the rendering of vertex heights by pressing Alt+V and selecting the height of the vertex. Then pressing Tab you can toggle the enhanced effects
Spoiler:
22alpha22

Post by 22alpha22 »

Kappes Buur wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:27 am The screenshot and text do not mention which port you are using
I'm mapping for GZDoom, using a modified config for GZDoom UDMF.

After further investigation, I believe my modified config is what is causing problems. Loading the map with the included vanilla GZDoom UDMF format displays the vertices and slopes properly and does not crash when attempting to edit them. I assume that when I updated Ultimate Doom Builder, one of the updates made changes to how the map configurations are setup and this obviously did not include my custom configs which would now seem to be broken.

Rather annoying but what can I do? I'll have to go through the configs and see if I can see what has changed and propagate that back to my configs.
SPZ1

Post by SPZ1 »

I can has invert selection feature for THINGS, LINEDEFS, VERTEXES, and SECTORS?
Spoiler: Hello
boris

Post by boris »

You can has it yourself with UDBScript! https://biwa.github.io/udbscript-docs/gettingstarted/

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”