DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRL Arsenal Extended build]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Your favorite Monster Pack for DoomRPG?

DoomRL Monsters Pack Beta 7.3
72%
Pandemonia Monsters v2.2
5%
Colourful Hell v0.99b
16%
DeHacked Attack 4.0
4%
Rampancy 2.0
3%

Total votes: 75

lucker42

Re: DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRL Arsenal Extended build]

Post by lucker42 »

Unregret wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:20 pm Corruption Cards is updated to v4.6c.
Update 1.32:

- added Corruption Cards 4.6c compatibility;
- fixed "...MonsterDeath script terminated" error in multiplayer;
- minor fixes.

The last buld can be downloading from the link in the top thread.
Ranubis wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:35 am I have some bugs to report:

-Soul trap doesnt work for me, i tried using it with invulnerability spheres but it just doesnt work. I think it has something to do with Roguelike Arsenal but im not sure.
I fixed something in the last update. Try it now.
Ranubis wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:35 am -I also had a weird bug with (i think it is caused by that) a card from Corruption Cards 4.6b that make some enemies be objects, i think it could be incompatible with how enemies work on DoomRPG when they drop credits after death.
I just checked CCards 4.6c with credit rolls enabled. Didn't notice anything strange. Maybe a certain card or condition is causing the error? I need more information.
Ranubis wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:35 am -Typhon Familiar doesnt work and it crashes game when used, im playing with Corruption Cards 4.6b and Roguelike Arsenal Extended 1.1.5
I need to check it out.
Ranubis
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Ranubis »

lucker42 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:20 pm
Unregret wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:20 pm Corruption Cards is updated to v4.6c.
Update 1.32:

- added Corruption Cards 4.6c compatibility;
- fixed "...MonsterDeath script terminated" error in multiplayer;
- minor fixes.

Ranubis wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:35 am I have some bugs to report:

-Soul trap doesnt work for me, i tried using it with invulnerability spheres but it just doesnt work. I think it has something to do with Roguelike Arsenal but im not sure.
I fixed something in the last update. Try it now.
Ranubis wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:35 am -I also had a weird bug with (i think it is caused by that) a card from Corruption Cards 4.6b that make some enemies be objects, i think it could be incompatible with how enemies work on DoomRPG when they drop credits after death.
I just checked CCards 4.6c with credit rolls enabled. Didn't notice anything strange. Maybe a certain card or condition is causing the error? I need more information.
Ranubis wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:35 am -Typhon Familiar doesnt work and it crashes game when used, im playing with Corruption Cards 4.6b and Roguelike Arsenal Extended 1.1.5
I need to check it out.
I´ll try last update, thx for answering. I dont remember all cards i had when bug hapenned so sadly i cant give much feedback about it unleast it happens again, sorry.

Btw there´s another crash i had few days ago while playing as Phase Sisters, i just used a teleporter and when i used it back again game crashed.
Attachments
Phase Sisters Crash.png
destrugter

Post by destrugter »

Hello,

Let me first start by saying I've been loving this pack of mods. The inclusion of the Lexicon set of maps is amazing.

I do have some questions though because I would like to include more maps.

Where do I put these levels? currently I put them under DoomRPG-mods and they show up under "WAD/PK3 Files" and I tick the box. It puts the level right above DoomRPG. I start the game and go to the teleporter and I can't find the levels. I can find a lot of levels that I believe are all included in the Lexicon map set.

How would someone go about getting the teleporter let them select a map?
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

destrugter wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:54 pm Hello,

Let me first start by saying I've been loving this pack of mods. The inclusion of the Lexicon set of maps is amazing.

I do have some questions though because I would like to include more maps.

Where do I put these levels? currently I put them under DoomRPG-mods and they show up under "WAD/PK3 Files" and I tick the box. It puts the level right above DoomRPG. I start the game and go to the teleporter and I can't find the levels. I can find a lot of levels that I believe are all included in the Lexicon map set.

How would someone go about getting the teleporter let them select a map?
You can't get levels in the Teleport unless the mod provides for it. At the moment there is support for the following map packs:
- WadSmoosh;
- Lexicon;
- Compendium.

However, you can connect any WAD that replaces the standard MAP01-MAP32 (almost any wads do this). In that case, go to DoomRPG Starting Options -> Add Starting Map -> MAP01.
VinitaWatt
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by VinitaWatt »

Hi, I'm a newbie to the forum. This is a new mod and I can install it on "WAD/PK3 Files"? And also, can I use it with another high techloky mod?
kadu522
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by kadu522 »

DoomRPG ReBalance due to how extensive it changes things and it not being fully converted to Zscript (yet) it needs compatability patches to work with certain mods and monster packs.

If the built in lancher does not work for you. any standard lancher like DoomRunner that can load folder's works just as well. just reffer to the reference load-order. (also present on the download)
Shatter-Thought[V-4]
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Shatter-Thought[V-4] »

The monster only pack is quite nice, though those hungry mouth monsters are way too op even if they are super fragile. I think they would be better with "burst" strikes where they stop close then lunge at you with a three hit high damage bite rather then rapidly and QUICKLY killing you without mercy.

Or perhaps a toggle option to turn them off entirely if you want the other monsters associated with that difficulty level.
Unregret
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 9+1

Post by Unregret »

Corruption Cards v5.0 is out.
AugustDrake
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by AugustDrake »

Hey, is it just me, or are the stats not actually improving your character's damage or attack speed?

Amendment: It's just the attack speed that is glitched. The option to turn it on or off doesn't work. Disabling DRLA indicates the attribute works fine with vanilla weaponry. DRLA must be breaking it somehow.
Darkbeetlebot

Post by Darkbeetlebot »

I'm having a slight issue. When I enter the UAC teleporter on my game, the lexicon is not listed as a place I can visit, but I can still go there via the changemap command. The first listed place is E1M1.

Also, how do I add obsidian-generated maps in addition to the other iwads? Do I just shove them into Wadsmoosh and recompile it, or does it only recognize iwads?
Xanirus

Post by Xanirus »

Had DRPG forever and never understood the "Estimated counts of WADs" setting. I know what the description says, but what is considered a "WAD" in this case and how does it know when you completed one?

Like for example is 1 "wad" a full 30/32 megawad in this case, or just a single level? And if the game counts a finish as you beating Map 30, what if you set the game to put you back in the outpost? (Cause if you don't it's impossible to leave the credits screen.)
AugustDrake

Post by AugustDrake »

Seems to only count completed maps. Using it now for a Wadsmoosh+Lexicon mega playthrough and I'm not disappointed setting it to 20.
Xanirus

Post by Xanirus »

AugustDrake wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:29 pm Seems to only count completed maps. Using it now for a Wadsmoosh+Lexicon mega playthrough and I'm not disappointed setting it to 20.
So 20 means 20 maps, not 20 wads? Okay, but then why is it using the term "wad" then? A wad can have any amount of levels in it, so it makes it very misleading. It can have any kind of file in it actually, not just maps, or even no maps at all.
AugustDrake

Post by AugustDrake »

No, you misunderstand. It seems to stretch the progression around doing 20 megawads.
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Unregret wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:43 pm Corruption Cards v5.0 is out.
Update 1.32a:

- added Corruption Cards 5.0 compatibility;
- minor fixes.

Xanirus wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:27 pm Had DRPG forever and never understood the "Estimated counts of WADs" setting. I know what the description says, but what is considered a "WAD" in this case and how does it know when you completed one?

Like for example is 1 "wad" a full 30/32 megawad in this case, or just a single level? And if the game counts a finish as you beating Map 30, what if you set the game to put you back in the outpost? (Cause if you don't it's impossible to leave the credits screen.)
for 1 WAD - counts as 32 maps. I don't know of any way to determine how many cards are actually in a custom wad and get this number in the code

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”