Dehacked Attack v4.0 & Dehacked Defense v3.0

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Untitled
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Re: Dehacked Attack v4.0 & Dehacked Defense v3.0

Post by Untitled »

This has been way too long in the making. Merry Christmas, and with it I bring you the DoomKid update, for both Dehacked Attack and Dehacked Defense!

ADDITIONS:
- Attack: Three new monster sets have joined the bestiary: Rowdy Rudy 2, Ray Mohawk 2, and Jamal Jones! Get ready for favorites such as the Toxicacodemon, Flame Caco, Slyor, and several new zombie variants.
- Monster Presets! If you don't feel like going by all 40+ monster sets one-by-one, I've added a few presets to get players started.
- A stronger version of Struggle's Leviathan joins as a Final Boss!
- Defense: Two new classes have joined the roster: Rowdy Rudy and Ray Mohawk, from the second installment of both series.
- Ray Mohawk's absolute power trip (heh) of a weapon set required the creation of a new CVar: deh_def_balanace_weaps, which, if set to 1 (and it's set to 1 by default, you can change this), balances the weapons to keep the classes kinda-sorta-not-really balanced with one another.
- Ray Mohawk isn't the only one affected by this! It's just most obvious with him.
- However, because I had too much fun, if balanced mode is set to zero, a bunch of classes get new additions because hey, it's fun to mess around for my own satisfaction's sake. More on that elaborated below.
- If you are playing Doomguy (Vanilla Doom), pressing alt-fire on the BFG 9000 unleashes what John Romero once called "The Christmas Gun". I mean, isn't it the right season for it?

CHANGES:
- A few monsters were inaccurately buffed due to me messing up the recreation. These have been corrected, for the most part.
- Level scaling by monster tier has been scattered around a bit rather than suddenly everything jumping up a tier at MAP12 and then again at MAP21 for many monsters.
- The Inquisitor can no longer be randomly selected as the Final Boss. You can still manually select him, but he's, uh, a little unbalanced.
- MAP07 Finally Works. Took way too much messing around to make it work, but the specials actually freaking work now.
- Back on the weapons side, if balanced mode is turned off, The 'Beta BFG' fires every single type of plasma from Dehacked Defense instead of just the red-green beta plasma.
- If balanced mode is turned off, STRAIN's NFG does somewhat less damage but takes one cell every two shots, making it vastly more efficient.
- If balanced mode is turned off, Deus Vult II and DOOM -1's gauntlets drain health, in a reference to Heretic.
- In balanced mode, Maskim Xul's Grimoire Excidium does a fixed 40 damage per attack to the user, rather than random from 8-80. If balanced mode is turned off, it does 50% more damage, but is randomized in self-damage. Be careful!
- In balanced mode, if you aren't playing as the Maskim Xul marine, the Hand of Afrit takes 2 rockets per shot.
- Similarly, in balanced mode, if you aren't playing as the Reliquary Marine, the Reliquary Plasma Rifle takes 2 cells per shot.
- If balanced mode is turned off AND you have a berserk currently active, DOOM -1's Dark Sceptre gains an altfire that is once again a pure reference to Heretic.
- If balanced mode is turned off, pressing altfire on DOOM -1's Unmakyr...wait, what the $%^& is this?
- Reworked basically all of Dehacked Defense's ACS. This has no effect in-game, but it's something I did.

Check OP for downloads.
RaiderX

Post by RaiderX »

Sorry for the bump, but if you're not too busy with other projects, have you considered porting Fletcher's rf_1024? It's an megawad made in 2016 with new sounds and graphics for monsters and a new arsenal for the player. Maybe you could check it out?
NamelessGuy
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NamelessGuy »

Pretty nice mod, but unfortunately doesn't work with mods that allow increasing ammo capacity even more such as Gunbonsai Bandoliers upgrade or that one that doubles it with each backpack pick up
RaiderX

Post by RaiderX »

I see. But what do you mean by "it doesn't work with mods that allow increasing ammo capacity"? Like does it crash when playing it with GunBonsai, or does it just not start at all?
NamelessGuy

Post by NamelessGuy »

RaiderX wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:40 am I see. But what do you mean by "it doesn't work with mods that allow increasing ammo capacity"? Like does it crash when playing it with GunBonsai, or does it just not start at all?
No, it just reverts ammo capacity to standard doom values at the start of each level
RaiderX

Post by RaiderX »

Idk, the Bandoliers upgrades and the infinite backpack mod works on my end and carries ammo value into the next level with no problem. What,exactly, is your load order?
NamelessGuy

Post by NamelessGuy »

RaiderX wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:57 am Idk, the Bandoliers upgrades and the infinite backpack mod works on my end and carries ammo value into the next level with no problem. What,exactly, is your load order?
I tried loading before and after DD, but it's the same. I also tried removing the part of script that changes ammo capacities but it also breaks spawners
Untitled

Post by Untitled »

NamelessGuy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:16 pm Pretty nice mod, but unfortunately doesn't work with mods that allow increasing ammo capacity even more such as Gunbonsai Bandoliers upgrade or that one that doubles it with each backpack pick up
Dehacked Defense explicitly doesn't work with mods that modify ammo capacity because the different classes have different ammo capacities, and the way I implemented that was by modifying the ammo capacities entirely depending on what class you're playing.

Dehacked Attack should be fine though.
Coffeeaddict933
Operating System Version (Optional): Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Coffeeaddict933 »

How do i make the dehacked monsters more common, they feel super rare, but i want them to almost feel like they're around 50-70% of the time.
The monsters work super well, they're just too rare.
Untitled

Post by Untitled »

Two things you may want to check:

1. By default, Dehacked Attack has monster scaling turned on, which means that most of the monsters can't spawn at all until you get to higher levels. For the toughest monsters, they can't spawn until you're over 20+ maps into the wad, and by default, anything that fails to spawn will spawn as its vanilla counterpart, with only a few exceptions.

2. If you open the DehackedAttack_v4.0.pk3 folder, it has a file called DECORATE.txt, which contains the whole list of spawners. Read the documentation on random spawners (https://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:RandomSpawner) to see how to adjust the spawn weights.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”