DoomRLA EXTENDED [1.1c] - Two new classes! More stuff!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Re: DoomRLA EXTENDED [1.0beta] - Fixes galore!

Post by Cutmanmike »

I can make new weapons BUT it would make me want to remake the PDA in zscript (so you can see what mod packs do etc), which I am trying to avoid as it would make me want to remake a lot of things in zscript, and Yholl doesn't want the whole mod being converted zscript. Plus the weapons are one of the more fun things about the mod, I would not want to rob the author the fun of making new ones.
RevanGarcia
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by RevanGarcia »

Cutmanmike wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:14 pm I had another good run with DRLA and this and I am feeling inspired again. If anyone has any ideas for fun classes/gizmos/familiars/anything else, let me hear em!
Maybe a class specialized towards energy-based weapons? Or one focused on Demonic weapons?
retronutcase

Post by retronutcase »

RevanGarcia wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:55 pm
Cutmanmike wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:14 pm I had another good run with DRLA and this and I am feeling inspired again. If anyone has any ideas for fun classes/gizmos/familiars/anything else, let me hear em!
Maybe a class specialized towards energy-based weapons? Or one focused on Demonic weapons?
Considering how rare demonic weapons tend to be, a class focused on them seems like a bad idea.

As for energy weapons, I feel a decent number already perform well with a lot of the standard classes.
ate0ate

Post by ate0ate »

Cutmanmike wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:53 pm I can make new weapons BUT it would make me want to remake the PDA in zscript (so you can see what mod packs do etc), which I am trying to avoid as it would make me want to remake a lot of things in zscript, and Yholl doesn't want the whole mod being converted zscript...
Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't Yholl want the entire mod converted over to zscript? I'm sure its an insane amount of work, but other than that aren't there only benefits to doing something like that? I mean no offense and of course everyone is free to do as they wish with their work, I was just wondering what the reasoning was or if there was some benefit to not converting over to zscript.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

It would be difficult if not impossible to do so without breaking existing mods, notably the monster pack but also this and DoomRPG. It'd also lock it to GZDoom where it ostensibly still runs in ZDoom. However, as you say, it'd be an insane amount of work even though a large amount could be refactored (take a look at the chaingun DECORATE and the labyrinthine if-thens for different modpack combinations and ammochain and other stuff and feel the dread if you haven't done so) and that alone is reason enough not to.
Unregret
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 9+1

Post by Unregret »

Oh man, you have no idea how I love Phased Sisters, such as fun class to play. Thank you.
Tulushuggua
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Tulushuggua »

So I do like this mod! Overall, there should be a combination of the Mechanoid, Nomad, Nano Maniac, Phase Sisters, and Sarge with the perks of Modular Revolution, Upgrade Sensor, Scavengers Gambit, Ammo Siphon, Shoulder Arsenal, And Stay Dead! I suppose that the combination does teleport infinitely without any of the phase devices and being very lucky. After all, I do know that we feel overpowered!
Ranubis

Post by Ranubis »

Sorry if this was asked many times but do you have any plans of adding a melee class? Also i know there exist a stamina bar but i cant find it, what is it used for aside scout jumps?

I think melee class could have interesting mechanics with stamina, like charged attacks or block. Maybe some active skills aside from passives would be cool.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

I believe the new class being added to DRLA proper is melee-focused, but who know when or if that'll be. Also stamina is used for melee, kicking reduces it significantly but you'll eventually get worn out from repeated combos too. As for its location it depends on the HUD. For screenblocks 10 it's green vertical right of the mugshot, for screenblocks 11 it depends on the specific one but it's either a vertical bar along the right edge, green-red under the HP counter, and non-existent from what I can see on the one that looks a bit like Duke Nukem 3D.
iHaveYourGun
Operating System Version (Optional): Fire OS 7.3.2.9
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by iHaveYourGun »

Its nice and all except one issue, the Mechanoid. Every time I try to run this in GZDoom, it can't run because it didn't understand "DoomRlMechanoid" part in the zscript. Does ANYONE know how to fix this?
yum13241
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavorOS (basically Arch)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by yum13241 »

Are you loading this after DRLA?
RevanGarcia

Post by RevanGarcia »

yum13241 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:13 am Are you loading this after DRLA?
Yes, you have to.
Greatness942

Post by Greatness942 »

I'm having a very similar issue, in that an error keeps it from working. I have the mod correctly in the Mod Order, after DRLA and the Monster Pack. However, it does not load, instead giving me a long list of script warnings followed by saying that the execution couldn't continue due to an error parsing something called a DECORATE script.
I don't know if this is an error on my end. I'm using GZDoom g4.7.1 on a Windows 10 OS.
RevanGarcia

Post by RevanGarcia »

Greatness942 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:43 am [...] I'm using GZDoom g4.7.1 on a Windows 10 OS.
You need the latest version of GZDoom (as of today the latest version is 4.10.0).
Greatness942

Post by Greatness942 »

That worked, thank you!

Very cool mod, both DRLA and Extended. :)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”