DOOM CE: PSX TC & D64 Retribution, overhauled

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Talon1024

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: DOOM CE: PSX TC & D64 Retribution, overhauled

Post by Talon1024 »

Doom 64 sector light effects have been replaced with Thinkers that essentially function like the originals instead of hacking the Doom ones (please report new bugs that may appear because of this).
Near the end of the first level, the stairs aren't affected by the light pulsing sequence:

They are in the original game:
molecicco

Post by molecicco »

Talon1024 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:28 am
Doom 64 sector light effects have been replaced with Thinkers that essentially function like the originals instead of hacking the Doom ones (please report new bugs that may appear because of this).
Thanks, I've released version 3.6.2 fixing this and a couple of other bugs. Also updated a few sprites including the chaingunner, added a couple of cosmetic hud options and implemented password support (needs to be enabled in the options).
Delfino Furioso

Post by Delfino Furioso »

Seeing how normals have been moved from the main pk3s to the PBR addons... May I suggest you to include the "GFX.Brightmaps" and the "GFX.Extra" addons in the "Lite" version?
They're lightweight enough and given their QOL nature, they are probably the ones most people might be more interested in..
The current distribution model however force everyone to download the full version for all 3 games in order to get updates for these small addons.

Thank you for this, anyway!
molecicco

Post by molecicco »

Delfino Furioso wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:58 am Seeing how normals have been moved from the main pk3s to the PBR addons... May I suggest you to include the "GFX.Brightmaps" and the "GFX.Extra" addons in the "Lite" version?
They're lightweight enough and given their QOL nature, they are probably the ones most people might be more interested in..
The current distribution model however force everyone to download the full version for all 3 games in order to get updates for these small addons.

Thank you for this, anyway!
I want to keep the Lite version free from all addons for people who are not familiar with loading mods. A while back I used to include brightmaps in there and then I read comments from someone who wanted a vanilla-like experience but complained that the monsters had glowy bits.

What I'm planning to do somewhere down the line is to make the Lite version the main version of the mod, and distribute all addons separately. Maybe not even make them autoload anymore. It will be a little messy because of ModDB's interface, but I think it's for the best. I just need to figure out how to distribute the addons that are specific to map packs while keeping it friendly for people who have never dealt with load orders.
Shroomie
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): macos ventura 13.2.1

Post by Shroomie »

hey, so uhh, i'm one of those weirdos who isn't too comfortable with gore, is there a way to turn off the gore bundled with the mod(s)?

i mean, like turn it down to the point where it's about as gorey as original doom games
Talon1024

Post by Talon1024 »

Yes, it's in Features->Special Effects Features->Blood Options->Blood Type and Gib Type.
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Does these PSX maps feature same simplified geometry/texturing as original?
I've been looking for something that combines original, non-simplified layouts and textures with PSX features
Talon1024

Post by Talon1024 »

I already posted this on the Doom 64 Discord server, but for everyone else:

Sometimes when I'm playing The Doomsday Levels in Doom 64 CE, GZDoom crashes to desktop with "Invalid instruction: cmp".
I think the cause of that issue is on line 400 of weaponlaser.zsc:

Code: Select all

else if (invoker.mode = MODE_LEVITATION_DEVICE)
A single equals sign assigns a value to the variable on the left-hand side. It needs to be a double equals sign in order to compare the left side and right side.

Here's my fixed version of weaponlaser.zsc
Talon1024

Post by Talon1024 »

And a few more bug reports:

- Difficulty filters on MAP04 ("Holding Area") are broken
- One sector on MAP15 ("Dark Entries") here is missing a gradient
- Only one of these faces on MAP21 ("Pitfalls") is supposed to be animated. The only face that should be animated is:
Spoiler:
- When taking the secret exit from MAP18 ("Spawned Fear"), the level stats screen music does not stop when the text screen starts.
- The "faithful" rocket explosion animation is incomplete I don't know why that happened to me, but maybe it has something to do with GZDoom's ZDoom/Vanilla transparency feature?
AliciaPendragon
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by AliciaPendragon »

I have a question

I want to run PSX Doom CE with Dwelling Sin(for that survival horror experience) but ZDL does not recognize ipk3s, nor PSX Doom CE.

How do I fix this?
molecicco

Post by molecicco »

Talon1024 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:04 am And a few more bug reports:
All of these bugs have been fixed in version 3.8.1, released today (actually they were fixed a couple of versions ago).
AliciaPendragon wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:04 pm I want to run PSX Doom CE with Dwelling Sin(for that survival horror experience) but ZDL does not recognize ipk3s, nor PSX Doom CE.
I don't use ZDL, but you should be able to add ipk3s the same way you add iwads. Then, you can load any pwad on top. Gameplay mods should work fine.
AliciaPendragon
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by AliciaPendragon »

molecicco wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:50 am
Talon1024 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:04 am And a few more bug reports:
All of these bugs have been fixed in version 3.8.1, released today (actually they were fixed a couple of versions ago).
AliciaPendragon wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:04 pm I want to run PSX Doom CE with Dwelling Sin(for that survival horror experience) but ZDL does not recognize ipk3s, nor PSX Doom CE.
I don't use ZDL, but you should be able to add ipk3s the same way you add iwads. Then, you can load any pwad on top. Gameplay mods should work fine.
Oh! Thank you. I'll do that.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”