DoomDynMus - a dynamic music mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
cyber_cool
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: DoomDynMus - a dynamic music mod

Post by cyber_cool »

Skrell wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 4:04 pm Is anyone else experiencing crashes when playing regular DOOM II maps with the Dusk music pack in the first post? gzdoom version 4.10 x64 ?
Works fine for me. Can you provide the logs?
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

cyber_cool wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:57 am
Skrell wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 4:04 pm Is anyone else experiencing crashes when playing regular DOOM II maps with the Dusk music pack in the first post? gzdoom version 4.10 x64 ?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S5m0uT ... sp=sharing
cyber_cool

Post by cyber_cool »

Skrell wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 1:42 pm

Uh, sorry, I see that this is version 4.11pre. This version is kinda unstable for me even with other mods, so I didn't test this mod with it. Can't promise I will be fixing bugs for this version until it gets released.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

cyber_cool wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:50 am
Skrell wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 1:42 pm

Uh, sorry, I see that this is version 4.11pr. This version is kinda unstable for me even with other mods, so I didn't test this mod with it. Can't promise I will be fixing bugs for this version until it gets released.
I checked and 4.10 crashes the same way. I'll try to get you an updated log
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Skrell wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:11 pm
Uh, sorry, I see that this is version 4.11pr. This version is kinda unstable for me even with other mods, so I didn't test this mod with it. Can't promise I will be fixing bugs for this version until it gets released.
So I think I found the error and it had something to do with another MOD. Hence I THINK I'm good for now. One thing that I do wish I could change in your MOD is the amount of time spent on the "aggressive" track after an enemy encounter. It seems to go back to ambient too quickly. And yes I played with the options you proved in the in-game menu but it was still too short. I'd like a solid 30 seconds of the heavy music before slowly fading back to ambient if possible.
cyber_cool

Post by cyber_cool »

Skrell wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:08 pm

So I think I found the error and it had something to do with another MOD. Hence I THINK I'm good for now. One thing that I do wish I could change in your MOD is the amount of time spent on the "aggressive" track after an enemy encounter. It seems to go back to ambient too quickly. And yes I played with the options you proved in the in-game menu but it was still too short. I'd like a solid 30 seconds of the heavy music before slowly fading back to ambient if possible.
There is a CVar written above the option in the menu (dmus_combat_cooldown), you can change that manually through console if you want.
Still, expanded the menu option's limit up to 35 seconds.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

cyber_cool wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:07 am
Skrell wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:08 pm

There is a CVar written above the option in the menu (dmus_combat_cooldown), you can change that manually through console if you want.
Still, expanded the menu option's limit up to 35 seconds.
I'm sorry I'm confused, are you saying you're going to update the mod's menu to support 35seconds via the GUI?
cyber_cool

Post by cyber_cool »

Skrell wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:51 am I'm sorry I'm confused, are you saying you're going to update the mod's menu to support 35seconds via the GUI?
Yes, already updated it, in fact.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Tytyty
Death_Ripper666
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Death_Ripper666 »

Made a few packs once again. One is Spec Ops: The Line (most disturbing game ever to exist) and the other is Gungrave PS2 (underrated, underappreciated game from the early 00s).

Spec Ops: The Line: https://www.mediafire.com/file/p44spsao ... e.zip/file

Gungrave (PS2): https://www.mediafire.com/file/2sjk0o96 ... 2.zip/file
The Jangler
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by The Jangler »

wip homestuck pack for actual babies. after i inevitably abandon this i might make a NMH 1-3 pack because NMH has a banging soundtrack
https://www.mediafire.com/file/i4fxzr077b4nshw
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

The Jangler wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:22 pm wip homestuck pack for actual babies. after i inevitably abandon this i might make a NMH 1-3 pack because NMH has a banging soundtrack
NMH?
Death_Ripper666
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Death_Ripper666 »

Skrell wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:31 am
The Jangler wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:22 pm wip homestuck pack for actual babies. after i inevitably abandon this i might make a NMH 1-3 pack because NMH has a banging soundtrack
NMH?
I think he's talking about No More Heroes series. It's a good game with cool soundtrack. Working on Soldier Of Fortune 1 & 2 and Gungrave GORE.
DoomThing445
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by DoomThing445 »

I've searched this topic, I'm surprised nobody has made a Yakuza pack. The music from it bangs.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Crashes are back and this time I'm using 4.10. I've attached the crash log; any ideas?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-4YfSH ... share_link

Return to “Gameplay Mods”