Xim's Star Wars Doom - Updated (MAY/4/2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Valherran

Re: Xim's Star Wars Doom - Updated (MAR/3/2023)

Post by Valherran »

3. I didn't think the item drop thing would be too much of a problem but if it's unbalanced, then well sorry. I guess I have to recode or remove the entire feature at this point.
I wasn't sure if that was meant to be there. Usually when someone adds a resurrection feature, items continuing to drop were considered a bug so I pointed it out.
Xim

Re: Xim's Star Wars Doom - Updated (MAR/3/2023)

Post by Xim »

I'll try to get another update done in the future. But I think I might take another break from working on this. I'm going to make some new features optional, but some of them are staying. Or I'm going to change it a whole bunch again and make it simpler, lol. Too many features now.
Xim

Re: Xim's Star Wars Doom - Updated, New Prequel Patch (MAY/4/2023)

Post by Xim »

So I was having a fun and busy day and I kind of forgot to post about the update here yesterday, sorry about that!

But whatever: Revenge of the Fifth, This is the May!

So the update to main mod is rather small, mostly trying to polish things up a bit. The main menu has been updated, which is probably the biggest change. I also updated the "Enemies only" version. I'm holding off on the weapons only for now, considering my mod allows you to manually turn off any monster replacements anyways.

Changelog:
Spoiler:
The big addition is the Prequel Patch! Now you can battle it out Clone Wars style! The weapons and enemies are separate files, so can load them individually if you'd like!

Download in the first post, check extras for the new prequel patch and updated enemies only!
cubebert
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Xim's Star Wars Doom - Updated (MAY/4/2023)

Post by cubebert »

On the "Enemies Only" version of the latest update, there's a couple of enemies such as the Mandalorian, the Rebel Smuggler, and the Jedi Padawan that are missing sprites; I think those might've used player sprites which aren't in the "Enemies Only" version. Otherwise, I think you did an excellent job cooking up the update, especially with the prequel patch.
Xim

Post by Xim »

cubebert wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:26 am On the "Enemies Only" version of the latest update, there's a couple of enemies such as the Mandalorian, the Rebel Smuggler, and the Jedi Padawan that are missing sprites; I think those might've used player sprites which aren't in the "Enemies Only" version. Otherwise, I think you did an excellent job cooking up the update, especially with the prequel patch.
Thanks for the comments! I fixed up the enemies only version a bit more.
kabuto

Post by kabuto »

I don't know if you care about this but there is a clone era star wars mod in modb. I´m gonna put a link here just in case you are interested in putting a prequel enemie addon. https://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-ultimate-sandbox
Xim

Post by Xim »

kabuto wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:54 am I don't know if you care about this but there is a clone era star wars mod in modb. I´m gonna put a link here just in case you are interested in putting a prequel enemie addon. https://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-ultimate-sandbox
Already know about that and made a prequel patch about a year ago. In fact the post for the update on it is only a few posts ago on this thread.

Here is the link for it, which is also under extras on the first post.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/xims-star-wa ... quel-patch

EDIT: But now that you bring it up again, I'll probably have some new stuff for it coming up. Also thank you for sharing the link for the release version of it!
kabuto

Post by kabuto »

Its nothing. I just love this mod and thought this would help to make it even more cooler. And thank you for reposting the prequel patch, i must be blind.
All thought, i wish it was already in the main mod. Just for clueless people like me.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”