Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [ON HOLD]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
GreenDoomguy1999

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [v5.1.11]

Post by GreenDoomguy1999 »

Dumb question but is it possible to add the custom scaling for non-split bar(like x/y), so it could be possible to make it reach corners of the screen?
Zaratul

Post by Zaratul »

Suggestion for adding all ammo HUD for Heretic. Like this: https://www.doomworld.com/files/file/16 ... -ammo-hud/
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

GreenDoomguy1999 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:07 am Dumb question but is it possible to add the custom scaling for non-split bar(like x/y), so it could be possible to make it reach corners of the screen?
That should work via scaling in the "General Settings" section of the mod. However, it will also make the statusbar larger in order to cover more screen width.

You can reduce this side effect by combining the mod with my widescreen statusbars. They are supported and if used, you won't need to enlarge the statusbar that much to reach the edges of your screen. I doubt it can be entirely avoided unless you use low screen resolutions, though.

Other than that, I am afraid there wouldn't be any way besides simply stretching the statusbar horizontally, which would look horrible in most cases. That's why that option isn't available (and we don't want to offer it, either).
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Regarding Heretic HUD ammo:

There was already a request for this in the past. Problem is that Heretic has more ammo types than Doom (six, IIRC), which makes them even harder to integrate into the existing statusbar. The only way it can work is to have them as a separate widget, similar to the level stats. This way you could place it on top (or both sides) of the unsplit bar as well.

I don't know yet how it can be done and what it should look like (e.g. use icons or ammo names, position types, which font to use etc). If I had 3saster's help, it'd certainly be easier, but I'll try to figure it out. Just can't tell yet when I can get started.
Delfino Furioso

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [v5.1.7]

Post by Delfino Furioso »

hybridial wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:10 pm Hi, I was using this mod along with Hexen Rebalanced by ReaperAA over on Doomworld
And basically the 4th weapon doesn't show up in the HUD when both are loaded. I tested it and it works properly when they are loaded seperately, but when used together the pieces don't show in either the full screen or normal HUD. Any idea if this is fixable? Would be neat because I feel like this is the HUD I like the most, and Hexen's a lot more fun to play with this Rebalance mod.
3saster wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:38 pm Hexen is the one that's annoyingly the easiest to break, since there is a bunch of hardcoded stuff that's difficult to bypass without hardcoding for specific mods.
ReaperAA wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:28 am The problem is that the SBARINFO/ZScript HUD code for Fullscreen Statusbar mod is obviously made for vanilla Hexen. The only solution I can think right now is to provide a custom version of this mod specifically for Hexen Rebalanced. If NightFright and 3saster allow it, I can provide a custom version this Statusbar mod as an addon for Hexen Rebalanced on my mod thread.
I've been facing the same issue as hybridial.
Seeing how a more elegant solution has never surfaced since then, I went ahead and developed a quick workaround.

I've started from version 5.1.11 and introduced some logic to test the player's class name and use it to check for the appropriate 4th weapon.
The necessary strings are hardcoded, so it will work only with Hexen Rebalanced and Tempered Arms.
But hey, it's not like there are that many Hexen mods around, so adding support for more should be relatively infrequent.

I'm attaching a pk3 which contains only the files that I've edited.

The load order should go like this:
1st: the gameplay mod
2nd: the fullscr_hud.pk3 (the hud main file, will override the mod's custom hud)
3rd: the fullscr_hud__hexen_mod_compat.pk3 (this addon, will override the scripts responsible for rendering the hexen statusbar)

In my opinion it could also be merged safely into the main hud pk3.

fullscr_hud__hexen_mod_compat.pk3
Fullscreen Statusbar Mod compatibility patch for various Hexen Mods
(4.83 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
hybridial

Post by hybridial »

Thanks Delfino, I have been able to use these mods together now.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

After reviewing Delfino's code, I have found there's nothing harmful to it. Therefore I have integrated it into the mod and it will be part of the next release. Thanks for your contribution!
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

A new GZDoom version has just been released. While the changelog doesn't indicate anything concerning that could break the mod, nothing is impossible, so please report your findings here (if there are any) ASAP. I cannot check before Monday.
yum13241
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavorOS (basically Arch)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by yum13241 »

Sorry to bump this old as hell thread, but how do I make this HUD compatible with RRWM's reload system? I'd like to add this HUD to my project.

In particular, I need to add this snippet:
Spoiler:

Where do I add it?
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

I would try in split/unsplit.zs of filter\game-doomchex\zscript\statusbars. No guarantee though, I'm not an expert regarding ZScript.
yum13241
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavorOS (basically Arch)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by yum13241 »

I already tried that inside the ammo display thingy. Also, why does renaming all the Classes and CVars have to be so annoying? It sucks that SLADE doesn't have deep Search & Replace.
GreenDoomguy1999

Post by GreenDoomguy1999 »

Don’t know if wad compatibility updates are planned, but there was another mappack that works a little unstable with the mod
Wad - Bloody Steel
Problem - the statusbar in the mappack has 2 sizes - regular 320x32 and hi-res 1280x128, the hi-res one is used by default and looks like this without the mod

and here's the same wad with Fullscreen Statusbar Mod being used
non-split

and split
)
camaxide

Post by camaxide »

Not sure if it matters at all, but going through the new version I found that ctgnum8.png is missing under filter/game-doomchex/graphics/chexfont
It might not be used since only weapons 2-7 is shown - but if customizing it to work with a custom wad with more weapons it might be a problem.
Just wanted to give a heads up

Edit: One more thing, in regular Doom altdeathmatch it seem the non-split hud places the Arms patch onto the hud - where it is supposed to be saying frags without the 6 bevels for weapon numbers - so it likely either refer to the singleplayer patch - or the multiplayer/deathmatch hud-texture is incorrectly defined.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

What exactly do you mean with "altdeathmatch"? I've checked the code and cannot see anything wrong with it, to be honest.

Code: Select all

if(multiplayer)
{
	if(deathmatch || teamplay)
		DrawImage(addArms(HUD_DM), (0, 0), DI_SCREEN_CENTER_BOTTOM, alphaFloat);
	else
	{
		DrawImage(addArms(HUD_SMP), (0, 0), DI_SCREEN_CENTER_BOTTOM, alphaFloat);
	}
	DrawImage("STFBANY", (-17, -32), DI_SCREEN_CENTER_BOTTOM|DI_ITEM_OFFSETS|DI_TRANSLATABLE, alphaFloat);
}
else
	DrawImage(addArms(HUD_SMP), (0, 0), DI_SCREEN_CENTER_BOTTOM, alphaFloat);
Statusbar with STARMS is applied in SP and Coop (= HUD_SMP), otherwise (DM/Team DM) it's hidden (= HUD_DM). Unless there's a mode we haven't taken into consideration (which shouldn't be the case since it's the same in GZDoom's own code), I can't imagine why this shouldn't work as intended.
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

This mod used to work with the Neural Upscale mod and it would properly scale the double-sized HUD elements to fit the status bar, but now it just shows enlarged textures stretched over the HUD elements.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”