[NSFW] Succubus' Doom v0.4 beta [13/6/2023]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
GamingKat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [NSFW] Succubus' Doom v0.2.1 [07/4/2023]

Post by GamingKat »

EnriksD8 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:22 am Actually, what I meant in regards to the Beretta would be something along the lines of how some mods alter the pistol where its ROF (rate of fire) was directly linked to how fast players can tap the mouse button.

Also, that tip regarding the Rocket Launcher is noted. I'll make sure to use it appropriately (and hopefully not frag myself point-blank).
I didn't realize it is possible to implement a mechanic in Zdoom where clicking fires faster.
The pistol is an infinite magazine because it's a weapon for when you run out of ammo, so I don't know if it's right to give it better firepower.

클릭을 연타하면 더 빠르게 발사되는 메커니즘을 Zdoom에서 구현할 수 있는지는 몰랐군요.
피스톨은 탄약이 없을 때를 대비한 무기이기 때문에 무한 탄창이며, 그렇기 때문에 더 나은 화력을 부여하는 것이 옳은지는 모르겠습니다.
GamingKat

Re: [NSFW] Succubus' Doom v0.2.1 [07/4/2023]

Post by GamingKat »

[v0.3.1 hotfix]

Fixed Shotgun Rate of Fire Error
Fixed Dual MPs' Reload Animation Error

샷건 연사속도 오류 수정
듀얼 MP 재장전 애니메이션 오류 수정

[v0.3 update]

- Added a Gameover screen.
- Added a background image of the Console (CONBACK).
- Revamped a succubus' death sprite (Same image as CONBACK).
- Changed the Cluster background image.

- Now properly affected by the 'Switch on pickup' option. (Except when acquiring Rocket Launcher and Berserk)
- A 'Quick kick' is added. No critical hits occur.
- Dual-MPs' damage is slightly increased.
- Rocket Launcher: Left-click while holding right-click (and vice versa), fires without being affected by auto-aim.
- Improved some muzzle flash effects
- Slightly improved shotgun animation
- Pistol's first shot is now faster.
- Added a screen flash to the Rune explosion.

- 게임오버 스크린 추가
- 콘솔창 백그라운드 (CONBACK) 이미지 추가
- 일부 서큐버스 Death 스프라이트 리뉴얼 (CONBACK과 동일한 이미지)
- 클러스터 백그라운드 이미지가 변경됩니다.

- 이제 'Switch on pickup' 옵션에 정상적으로 영향받습니다. (로켓런처, 버서크 습득시엔 제외)
- 총기를 든 채로 시전하는 빠른 발차기가 추가됩니다. 크리티컬 히트가 발생하지 않습니다.
- 듀얼-MP의 피해량이 소폭 증가합니다.
- 로켓런처 격발 시, 우클릭을 누른채로 좌클릭하면 (반대 역시 마찬가지) 자동 조준 영향을 받지 않고 발사할 수 있습니다.
- 몇몇 머즐 플래쉬 이펙트 향상
- 샷건 애니메이션 개선
- 권총의 첫 격발이 빨라집니다.
- 룬 폭발 시 화면 플래시가 추가됩니다.
Apteral10

Re: [NSFW] Succubus' Doom v0.3.1 [09/4/2023]

Post by Apteral10 »

Okay, after thorough testing (mostly on 0.2 version) of Maps of Chaos OverKill variant. It is pretty good mod. Although found few strange anomalous behavior on weapons and spells, also few others things. I will first go through spells:

If you charmed and allowed the charmed monster to leave and move on to next level the charm will still read itself as on use. (IMPORTANT: You might have fixed this issue already).
If you laid an explosive rune somewhere on the level or level previous from the one you just beat, the spell stops recharging or just becomes unusable for some reason (You might have fixed this issue too).

Now to weapons:

As previously have been mentioned the pistol... Is just horrendous. Although since you have already made changes on the newer versions (I was playing 0.2). This probably already has been handled.
Shotgun has odd damage value variability or it is just low in general... When I was shotgunning Baron of Hell monsters. I felt like I was dealing reduced damage or something wonky about the damage value... Not sure. (Ultimate Doom)
BFG-9000 has odd trace reg I can not really say what is happening but I found it quite strange. And that's about it for problems I have found so far.

Quick kick is not working but, in your latest update it is apparently fixed (I haven't gotten around to test on the newest version yet).
GamingKat

Post by GamingKat »

Apteral10 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:50 pm Okay, after thorough testing (mostly on 0.2 version) of Maps of Chaos OverKill variant. It is pretty good mod. Although found few strange anomalous behavior on weapons and spells, also few others things. I will first go through spells:

If you charmed and allowed the charmed monster to leave and move on to next level the charm will still read itself as on use. (IMPORTANT: You might have fixed this issue already).
If you laid an explosive rune somewhere on the level or level previous from the one you just beat, the spell stops recharging or just becomes unusable for some reason (You might have fixed this issue too).

Now to weapons:

As previously have been mentioned the pistol... Is just horrendous. Although since you have already made changes on the newer versions (I was playing 0.2). This probably already has been handled.
Shotgun has odd damage value variability or it is just low in general... When I was shotgunning Baron of Hell monsters. I felt like I was dealing reduced damage or something wonky about the damage value... Not sure. (Ultimate Doom)
BFG-9000 has odd trace reg I can not really say what is happening but I found it quite strange. And that's about it for problems I have found so far.

Quick kick is not working but, in your latest update it is apparently fixed (I haven't gotten around to test on the newest version yet).
I thought I fixed the charm spell in v0.2, but I'll double check.

The pistol hasn't changed much, it's just a weapon I added for when you run out of ammo, but I've seen a few people mention it, so maybe it needs a buff.
What buff do you think it needs...?

The shotgun is intentionally set to 80 average damage until you get the Super Shotgun. When you have the Super Shotgun, the average damage goes up to 105, but you have to shoot up close.
Should I increase the base damage a bit more?

As for the BFG, that's weird... I haven't touched the BFG tracer, it calls the same BFGSpray action function as the original BFG, the only difference is that the attack happens a little faster than the original BFG.
But let me double-check that, too.

Thanks for playing, and the feedback!

매혹 주문은 0.2 버전에서 수정했다고 생각했는데, 다시 한 번 확인해보겠습니다.

권총은 별로 바뀐게 없습니다. 그것은 탄약이 바닥났을 때를 위해 추가해둔 무기입니다만, 몇몇 사람이 권총에 대해 언급하는걸 보니 뭔가 상향이 필요할지도 모르겠군요.
어떤 상향점이 필요하다고 생각하시나요?

샷건은 의도적으로 슈퍼샷건을 얻기 전까진 평균 대미지를 80으로 설정해두었습니다. 슈퍼샷건을 소지 중일 땐 평균 대미지가 최대 105까지 증가합니다만, 가까이서 쏴야 합니다.
기본 대미지를 좀 더 상향해야 할까요?

BFG에 관해선... 이상하군요. BFG 트레이서에 대해선 건드린게 없습니다. 원본 BFG와 동일한 BFGSpray 액션 함수를 호출하며, 유일하게 다른점이 있다면 원본 BFG보다 공격의 발생이 조금 더 빠르다는 것 뿐입니다.
다만 이것도 다시 확인해보겠습니다.

플레이 해주셔서, 피드백 주셔서 감사합니다!
GamingKat

Post by GamingKat »

(NSFW image)
Spoiler:
[v0.3.3 hotfix]

- Fixed Abnormal Shotgun Damage

[v0.3.2]

- Added a new succubus death sprite.

- Pistol rework: You can now right-click to aim, which allows you to fire a more powerful shot that consumes ammo.
This can be used when you want to conserve 9mm ammo while dealing more damage per shot.
Ammo capacity increased from 15 to 17 rounds.
When you draw the pistol, it automatically reloads with 9 more rounds.

- Shogun: Reduced shot spread.
Increased average damage to 90 against Intermediate and above demons without upgrades (close range only)

새 서큐버스 사망 스프라이트 추가

권총 개선: 이제 우클릭으로 조준할 수 있으며, 이 상태에서 탄약을 소모한 더 강력한 격발이 가능합니다.
9mm 탄약을 아끼면서 탄환 당 더 강한 대미지를 주고자 할 때 사용할 수 있습니다.
장탄수가 15 → 17발로 상향됩니다.
총을 꺼내들 때 9발 만큼 추가로 자동 재장전 됩니다.

샷건 노업 상태에서의 탄퍼짐 감소
샷건 기본 상태에서 중급 이상 악마 상대로 평균 대미지 90으로 증가 (가까운 거리 한정)
r&r

Re: [NSFW] Succubus' Doom v0.3.3 [11/4/2023]

Post by r&r »

Don't know if you'll be interesting with these female monsters? https://www.spriters-resource.com/resou ... 1460956190
they might have to be redrawn in your style to fit in.
GamingKat

Post by GamingKat »

r&r wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:50 pm Don't know if you'll be interesting with these female monsters? https://www.spriters-resource.com/resou ... 1460956190
It looks like something out of Powerslave.
Looks good as a melee monster

파워슬레이브에 나올 것 처럼 생겼군요.
근접 몬스터로 어울려보입니다
r&r

Post by r&r »

GamingKat wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:33 pm
r&r wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:50 pm Don't know if you'll be interesting with these female monsters? https://www.spriters-resource.com/resou ... 1460956190
It looks like something out of Powerslave.
Looks good as a melee monster

파워슬레이브에 나올 것 처럼 생겼군요.
근접 몬스터로 어울려보입니다
It is from power slave

heres these ones too
https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_co ... eet/33683/
https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_co ... et/154825/

Ever thought on goat demons or kitsune/fox demon ladies?
GamingKat

Post by GamingKat »

r&r wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:58 pm
It is from power slave

heres these ones too
https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_co ... eet/33683/
https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_co ... et/154825/

Ever thought on goat demons or kitsune/fox demon ladies?
No... but if a lot of people wanted to, I could think about it.

The personalities of Doom's monsters are thought to be close to perfect, so I wouldn't touch them too much.

원하는 사람이 많다면 생각해볼 수도 있겠습니다.

둠의 몬스터들의 개성은 완벽에 가깝다고 생각하기 때문에, 전 쉽게 건들것 같지는 않습니다.
jacktgh

Post by jacktgh »

Imagine the weapon being redraw to fit with the style. Oh man that would be good
But at this point, the mod is really fun. Congrat to the dev.
GamingKat

Post by GamingKat »

jacktgh wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:03 am Imagine the weapon being redraw to fit with the style. Oh man that would be good
But at this point, the mod is really fun. Congrat to the dev.
Thanks!
It's encouraging to hear that.

고마워요. 힘이 되네요.
HyperExia
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home

Post by HyperExia »

This has potential...but it definitely needs to be refined and use new weapon sprites as well. Otherwise it just becomes a gimmicky-horny mod. you have an interesting idea with the pistol....however, I feel like it would be better if the zombieman and imp and all the other new monsters were mixed with the old doom monsters.

Do you happen to have a sprite sheet of her hands?
GamingKat

Post by GamingKat »

HyperExia wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:56 am This has potential...but it definitely needs to be refined and use new weapon sprites as well. Otherwise it just becomes a gimmicky-horny mod. you have an interesting idea with the pistol....however, I feel like it would be better if the zombieman and imp and all the other new monsters were mixed with the old doom monsters.

Do you happen to have a sprite sheet of her hands?
Regarding weapons, since the protagonist is a (former) soldier, I'm working on the rifle (with original sprites) she's holding in the mugshot and title image, and I thought the existing weapons would be fine, but I see some of you wanting new ones.
So I'll take that into consideration, but it's not an easy task, as the resources for angled weapon sprites are relatively few in Doom, and finding the suitable ones is not easy...

For monsters that have a similar appearance, like the Hell knight or Zombieman, I thought it would be fine to just replace them with something else.
As for imps, I could consider adding an option to control their spawn rate with succubi.

Thanks for the feedback!

I don't have a separate sheet for hand sprites, though, because I make them on the fly as I need them.

무기에 관해서는, 주인공이 (전직) 군인이기 때문에 머그샷과 타이틀 이미지에서 들고있는 소총을 제작 중이고 (독자적 스프라이트), 기존의 무기들도 무리가 없다고 생각했지만 새로운 무기를 원하는 의견들도 보이는군요.
고려해봐야겠습니다. 하지만 앵글이 들어간 무기 스프라이트 리소스는 doom에서는 상대적으로 더 적고, 적절한 것을 찾기 쉽지 않기 때문에 쉽지 않은 일입니다...

헬나이트나 좀비맨과 같이 유사한 외형을 가진 몬스터가 있는 경우엔 그냥 다른 몬스터로 대체해버려도 상관없다고 생각했습니다만
임프의 경우엔 서큐버스와의 스폰량을 조절하는 옵션을 추가하는 방안을 고려해볼 수는 있겠습니다.

의견 고맙습니다!

손 스프라이트는 필요할 때 마다 그 때 그 때 직접 만들어 사용 중이기 때문에 따로 sheet는 가지고 있지 않습니다.
DELTAtheDboi005
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DELTAtheDboi005 »

Just here to bump this for everyone to see, hope you're doing great gamingkat!
pscripter

Post by pscripter »

Small bug report:

If you try to pick health or ammo at maximum, game slows down (especially with ammo). Probably not noticeable on more powerful computers but you might want look into it anyway.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”