how to open mapmods with gameplay mods

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Shroomie
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): macos ventura 13.2.1

how to open mapmods with gameplay mods

Post by Shroomie »

so i *really* like treasure tech, and i want to play it with some map mods! but, i dont really know how. i've tried it with myhouse, as well as exomoon, on top of others, but the 'new game' option just sends me to hell on earth. the same thing happens when i try to load them with *only* precise crosshair.
Shroomie

Re: how to open mapmods with gameplay mods

Post by Shroomie »

can someone help, please?
axredneck
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by axredneck »

I personally use a launcher to load multiple mods at once.
https://github.com/Youda008/DoomRunner
Shroomie

Post by Shroomie »

axredneck wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:19 pm I personally use a launcher to load multiple mods at once.
i need one that works on mac.
CandiceJoy
Operating System Version (Optional): Win11, MacOS Ventura
Graphics Processor: Apple M1

Post by CandiceJoy »

Shroomie wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:32 pm
axredneck wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:19 pm I personally use a launcher to load multiple mods at once.
i need one that works on mac.
This launcher works on Mac: https://github.com/FreaKzero/ssgl-doom- ... tag/v1.1.1

Alternatively, you launch GZDoom via the commandline. Assuming you put it in /Applications, you'd do /Applications/GZDoom.app/Contents/MacOS/gzdoom -file map.wad mod.pk3 (you can even make bash scripts to launch various profiles for you) :)
Shroomie

Post by Shroomie »

[/quote]

This launcher works on Mac: https://github.com/FreaKzero/ssgl-doom- ... tag/v1.1.1

Alternatively, you launch GZDoom via the commandline. Assuming you put it in /Applications, you'd do /Applications/GZDoom.app/Contents/MacOS/gzdoom -file map.wad mod.pk3 (you can even make bash scripts to launch various profiles for you) :)
[/quote]

yeah i've tried ssgl, but it's broken. i've also tried zdl, but i havent tried the command line, so thank you!
CandiceJoy

Post by CandiceJoy »

I also have my own launcher written in Electron so that it runs on all platforms (yes even that one), but it's not finished yet; I'd have to walk you through some manual setup things, and there's features that don't work yet and such.
Shroomie

Post by Shroomie »

CandiceJoy wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:17 pm I also have my own launcher written in Electron so that it runs on all platforms (yes even that one), but it's not finished yet; I'd have to walk you through some manual setup things, and there's features that don't work yet and such.
i'm not in the mood to work unfinished software, but! if/when you finish it do tell me!
CandiceJoy

Post by CandiceJoy »

Shroomie wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:33 pm
CandiceJoy wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:17 pm I also have my own launcher written in Electron so that it runs on all platforms (yes even that one), but it's not finished yet; I'd have to walk you through some manual setup things, and there's features that don't work yet and such.
i'm not in the mood to work unfinished software, but! if/when you finish it do tell me!
Alright, you can keep track of it here https://github.com/Catter-Studios/DoomLoader
Shroomie

Post by Shroomie »

damn it i've been trying on and off to get this to work but all i'm getting is `zsh: permission denied`
Shroomie

Post by Shroomie »

Shroomie wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:11 pm
damn it i've been trying on and off to get this to work but all i'm getting is `zsh: permission denied`
nope! i just forgot the bit at the end reading, `/Contents/MacOS/gzdoom`, i put my file somewhere else and couldn't copy and paste the original command, missing that last bit. Thank you!

Return to “Technical Issues”