[WIP] Doom 64: Unseen Evil - Run it back, Doom 64 style!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
dawnbreez

Re: [WIP] Doom 64: Unseen Evil - Run it back, Doom 64 style!

Post by dawnbreez »

Oh, this looks rad.
DrPyspy
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows XP Gangster Edition

Post by DrPyspy »

Howdy! I've got some development updates to share.

Here is the new firing animation I've been working on for the Shotgun! I thought it'd be cool to go for a lever-action animation, since those aren't super common in Doom mods, and since the pickup sprite in Doom 64 resembles a lever-action shotgun.

Here is a concept for the Chaingunner! As you might be able to gleam from my other D64 designs, I'm leaning into the whole theme of doubling up the main features of the monsters. Here, the Chaingunner wields twice the amount of chainguns! This won't have any effect on how fast or how much he shoots, so you don't have to worry about a hallway of Chaingunners popping up behind you and eating your ass twice as fast.

In addition to the Chaingunner, here is my take on the Spider Mastermind! I went for a souped up Doom 64 Arachnotron design, with some elements implanted from the 2016 iteration of the monster, similar to the MetaDoom Spider Mastermind. I considered doubling up her chaingun to match the gimmick, but I think I'll be sticking with a singular cannon.

The texture replacements are coming along fairly smoothly! Doors and switches are being given unique designs to help them stand out more in the darker, multi-colored environments. Brightmapped textures will also make use of special shaders that keep brightmapped areas correctly lit in the Doom 64 lighting system.

Certain light textures have been equipped with fancy new shaders as well; rather than having the color of the lights be baked into the texture, these will change their color and brightness depending on the properties of the sector. This was one of the trickier tricks to pull off, but it is very nifty in action!

That's all for now!
Unregret
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 9+1

Post by Unregret »

Oh my, I will prepare some D64-style monsters pack addons for this special mod in advance.
Immorpher
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Immorpher »

Unseen Evil is looking so awesome! I love the new concept arts and the shotgun reload is fantastic!
snarkel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by snarkel »

Gosh I am so excited for this you have no idea! All of those concepts look so freakin' cool!
DrPyspy
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows XP Gangster Edition

Post by DrPyspy »

Hello! This is an advance notice that I will no longer be posting updates in this thread for the foreseeable future. Instead, I will be posting all future updates to the Doomworld thread. You can also check out my Twitter and my webzone! (Unseen Evil isn't on the webzone at the time of writing this post, but I'll be making a page for it there soon.)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”