Payback/ROGUES Weapons and Characters Mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DeeDeeOZ

Re: Payback Weapons and Characters Mod

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

wolf00 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:20 pm some voice sounds are like from ja2 mod 1.13
Sure are (technically they are from ja2/UB and deadly games) the Jagged alliance series is one of my favorites growing up and has some of best variety in character voices/personalities. The whole mod is a nod to 80's/90's action movies/games.
Lim0n4eG

Post by Lim0n4eG »

Good update, very nice new sounds. But there are other weapons, the sounds of which you need to think about. For example MP5. Finally, there is some sense from optics. Sometimes without it it is absolutely impossible. Looking forward to new nice things in Rogues
DeeDeeOZ

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

Lim0n4eG wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:50 am But there are other weapons, the sounds of which you need to think about. For example MP5.
-slapped some better sounds for the mp5/ also the m249saw should mostly be good now.

Also - Just released Rogues on the main page. Everyone give it a go let me know what you think!
Always love some feedback (any kind) especially bugs if I missed any.

enemy set for this is very close to completion but real life keeps being a dick. for now ArmyOfOz works as a good stop gap.
YukesVonFaust

Re: Payback/ROGUES Weapons and Characters Mod

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Uhh, the download link for rogues are wrong: it redirects me to the jeep sprites.
DeeDeeOZ

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

YukesVonFaust wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:51 am Uhh, the download link for rogues are wrong: it redirects me to the jeep sprites.
yup. I'm dumb. Fixed now!
Lim0n4eG

Post by Lim0n4eG »

Ever thought about giving the player a chance to read texts about weapons and characters inside the game? For example, using a simple menu like in Shades of Doom. It would be more convenient and just nice feature
DeeDeeOZ

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

Lim0n4eG wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:22 am Ever thought about giving the player a chance to read texts about weapons and characters inside the game? For example, using a simple menu like in Shades of Doom. It would be more convenient and just nice feature
Sounds like a pretty nice idea. more info is always nice and great for lore junkies.
Should be easy in theory but I'm still pretty new at editing menus and stuff so will see if I can get it done.
DeeDeeOZ

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

the enemy pack for this is pretty much complete I'm just polishing and bug testing at moment so hopefully will have it released soon. Was wondering if anyone had any character specific feedback (good characters/bad characters, favorite characters. etc) I enjoy Sally and Twitch in Payback and Rose and Udo in Rogues
DeeDeeOZ

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

Payback enemies addon is now complete and out, available here.
viewtopic.php?t=77416

Also both versions of Payback and Rogues have been tweaked to make sure they function properly with this so its best to redownload on main page.
-includes some minor changes
-both golden luger and dartgun now turn up in spawn lists.
-couple of sprite errors I missed.
-all damage types work properly.

have fun dealing out some vigilante justice to those scumbags.
Lim0n4eG

Post by Lim0n4eG »

Is there a plan to merge the two Paybacks? To carry out massacre with old characters with new guns, for example
DeeDeeOZ

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

Lim0n4eG wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:23 am Is there a plan to merge the two Paybacks? To carry out massacre with old characters with new guns, for example
There is :D . time poor in real life at moment so probably not yet, but Rogues has all the payback content inside it so should be easy once I get to it.
There will be some "fun" fitting all the characters into the menu.
-CHARACTERS
Spoiler:
Facínora

Post by Facínora »

I recorded a video with Payback/ROGUES and found it very interesting. The menu is a highlight on its own haha. I might record and publish more stuff sooner or later.
DeeDeeOZ

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

Facínora wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:05 am I recorded a video with Payback/ROGUES and found it very interesting. The menu is a highlight on its own haha. I might record and publish more stuff sooner or later.
Awesome! Thanks, love your videos.
Watched and enjoyed it, might link it to front page if that's okay.
just a reminder you can drop/dump weapons with altfire so you can pickup new ones of same class.
look forward to watching anything else you record.
Facínora

Post by Facínora »

DeeDeeOZ wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:55 pm Awesome! Thanks, love your videos.
Watched and enjoyed it, might link it to front page if that's okay.
just a reminder you can drop/dump weapons with altfire so you can pickup new ones of same class.
look forward to watching anything else you record.
Thank you for watching the video, and of course you can link/embed it. Don't even need to ask. I'll eventually record and publish something with the ROGUES part of the mod and test the drop weapons mechanics. I just need to test a small mod of my own, which btw might even fit Punisher Monster Replacer as well.
Xanirus

Post by Xanirus »

Hey man, wanted to say I'm enjoying the hell out of this mod and Payback enemies. I've been looking for another modern weapons mod like Call of Doom but more simple/compatible with other mods, or some kind of 80's-90's action-flick mod that so far only Wild Weasel's Terrorists has been able to provide, and I believe this is it. That famous stock "click" noise that so many demo discs used back in the Win 95 era is up my nostalgia alley.

However, is there a way to be able to tell the caliber of a weapon at a glance, before picking it up? I though it was the colors and letters in each gun but I saw that post describing their purpose. You can only tell what a gun uses after you pick it up, and since the dropped guns become useless you can't pick it back up if you change your mind. It would also be nice if the name of guns would be displayed when you have them equipped, it would with the caliber memorization. I'm not the best gun nut in the world when it comes to calibers and in some cases telling them apart from similar types.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”