ARACNOCIDE 2.7 (Updated 03/Sep/23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
devlman127

Re: ARACNOCIDE 2.3b (Updated 12/Mar/23)

Post by devlman127 »

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:32 am Sometimes, when coming across backpacks, you might find a blue box filled with tools, just like this one...
Thanks for telling me. I was wondering when I'd find them, but I guess my map-pack (DBP37) is just stingy with the backpacks in the first few levels
EDIT BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW IF DOUBLE POSTING IS ALLOWED:
Is there much of a point of using Stella Gibson's (Upgraded) Shotgun over her Super Shotgun? They seem pretty similar in form and function, just the upgraded shotgun being automatic and the SSG having a larger clip. They even fire at the same rate. Same thing with the upgraded assault rifle and the machine gun
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Double posting is allowed, don't worry.

Also, i really didn't realize they fired at the same rate, i might make the spas slower a few ticks and speed the SSG a few ticks, just so the player can still have reasons to use both, as the SPAS has more accuracy, and the Striker is a baron piler.

The upgraded assault rifle... i kinda regret giving it a 2-tic fire rate. But now that's sealed, so there is no turning back. But the upgraded AK ends up being better than the MG34, because it has less recoil, no pushback, more damage and more accuracy. The advantage of the MG34 ends up being the high capacity and ammo control, as you end up wasting more ammo on the ak by accident.

The normal AK, on the other hand is 1 point weaker than the MG34, so the MG34 ends up being a better supressing weapon until you find an upgrade kit.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

And i'm going to take this double post for a particular reason.

Now that i released the new class and fixed (some) of the many things i need to, we got to a safe spot. People can do playthroughs of it and i won't have a "damn, had just he waited three days i would post a better build!" feeling.

I still have plans for Aracnocide, and i'm going to share some of them, because maybe that can shed some light and somebody can come with useful advices for the mod whenever i start working full time on it again:
Spoiler: Plans for the future
I think that's my vision of the mod for the future. Hope you all approve it as well.

Peace.
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KTwo

Post by KTwo »

What about throwable items?
Such as grenades, molotov cocktails, proximity mines, canisters, etc.

These won't need first person sprites but just an animation of their item where they bounce from the player
Let's say, a simplified throw method

(Also, the ejected yellow shell in the Lt-23 was skipped :( )
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

KTwo wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:52 pm What about throwable items?
Such as grenades, molotov cocktails, proximity mines, canisters, etc.

These won't need first person sprites but just an animation of their item where they bounce from the player
Let's say, a simplified throw method

(Also, the ejected yellow shell in the Lt-23 was skipped :( )
Throwables are already there. Slot 5.
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:47 pm
Spoiler: Plans for the future
Oh please, bring back the Plasma Rifle from the old versions. If you probably add a class that relies on Energy weapons (Lasers, Plasma and Gauss, being playing Fallout alot) and it will the 2nd female class after Stella (Name's probably Aya Valentine as a shout out to the Playstation era action women)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

skyrish10 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:31 amOh please, bring back the Plasma Rifle from the old versions. If you probably add a class that relies on Energy weapons (Lasers, Plasma and Gauss, being playing Fallout alot) and it will the 2nd female class after Stella (Name's probably Aya Valentine as a shout out to the Playstation era action women)
They were nice back in the day, but i cannot make a class that depends on only one type of ammo, because that would be unbalanced and would probably lock the gameplay somewhere (not to mention, imagine the work I would have to make the class depending ammo spawners adapt to that).
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:24 amThey were nice back in the day, but i cannot make a class that depends on only one type of ammo, because that would be unbalanced and would probably lock the gameplay somewhere (not to mention, imagine the work I would have to make the class depending ammo spawners adapt to that).
You could do it Star Wars DooM-style, where the weapons all use different types of power packs despite all being energy weapons.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

That would require me to create an entire category for the ammo which surrounds a single class... i mean, i can't do it. I wouldn't even know how to make different pickup messages for each pickup.

I'm following that road map for now, who knows what the future has.
openroadracer
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1

Post by openroadracer »

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:40 pmThat would require me to create an entire category for the ammo which surrounds a single class... i mean, i can't do it. I wouldn't even know how to make different pickup messages for each pickup.

I'm following that road map for now, who knows what the future has.
That's the thing, though: You DON'T need to make pickup messages for them, just sprites. They'll work just like every other character's ammo pickups.

They're just power capacitors of various shapes and designs made to replace the appearances of the regular ammo pickups anyone else would use. Then, make a weapon set that exclusively uses energy weapons - especially projectile-based - and you'll have it made.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

Personally, i'm good.
8 classes with 11 upgrades each is more than enough, another class would just cause more role redundancy, despite the gimmicks.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Yes, the 11th upgrade will be just a way of putting some ideas that were left out and giving Simon his Ultimate upgrade. The way his arsenal is now, I'd probably give him either a pair of taser pistols, a pair of full auto glocks (which is kinda redundant since we have the dual Tec-9s) or enhance his assault rifle a second time (remembering that the "ultimate" is the upgrade of an existing upgrade).
Death_Ripper666

Post by Death_Ripper666 »

Did multiple playthrough with this weapon pack and holy crap!! The replayability of this mod is so high. Let me summarize each characters that i've played in the past imo based on my experiences:
Spoiler:
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Death_Ripper666 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:49 pm Did multiple playthrough with this weapon pack and holy crap!! The replayability of this mod is so high. Let me summarize each characters that i've played in the past imo based on my experiences:
Spoiler:
Well thanks a lot! The sprites of the 11th upgrades for each class are done, so for the next update you can expect even more weapons!

More news soon.
Unregret
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 9+1

Post by Unregret »

Hello, I'm not sure if this question asked many times, but how to find more upgrade parts?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”