HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R15 (1 Apr 2024)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R12 (30 Dec 2022)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hello there guys, and Merry Christmas to everyone! :cheers:

After a few weeks without posting here on the forums due to some pending personal issues out there, I have finally returned just in time before the end of this present year to bring you what is for sure the last update of H-Project for 2022, as it may sound obvious... Following an unannounced minor maintenance update that was released just a few days ago, this more recent release in shape of Revision 12 closes out this year with a small fistful of new and interesting features, added as usual for your fun and enjoyment with the mod (including as well the corresponding bugfixes, of course). :wink:

So without further ado, here's the list of changes for this update:
  • - Included a new enemy batch which increases the already abundant bestiary which might put your skills as an experienced marine to the test; in fact a few of them could turn into small mini-bosses by themselves, so you better not relax too much in front of them and try to get to know each one in depth below:
    • - Tough Gunner: a former human that may not seem like a big deal, but nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, this guy might be hard to kill because of his special armored vest, thus making up for his low HP with a high resistance to firearms. His hand weapon is quite harmful, too! :shock:

- Warfare Assaulter: another zombie-like dude more robust even than the previous one, and in addition more dangerous as you would expect. Also, this one comes equipped with a powerful rifle instead of a big pistol, so beware!

- Mercenary Gunner: it's said that there are no two without three, and this time is no exception. This heavy-weapon soldier of fortune as arrived in this dimension armed to the teeth and is fully prepared for any enemy confrontation. (As an additional note, it seems that this new enemy human-like trio have come from the same unknown place as the strange Raider Commando, which might sound pretty alarming...) :-|

- Slayer Imp: yet another variant of one of the most common enemies in this doomish universe. Somewhat more agile and stronger than other of its siblings, but even so it shouldn't become excessively dangerous, unless they come in large numbers (something highly unlikely).

- Swamp Imp: quite similar to the previous one, although slightly more threatening. Despite its name, it's not found exclusively in swampy areas, so you could find some of them in the most unlikely places...

- Robo-Demon: yup, here it comes another one of those cybernetic pinkies wanting to bite the guts of careless marines! Irreversibly programmed to seek and destroy, these beasts unleash lethal waves through their maw to disrupt and harm their opponents before absorbing their energy through their mechanical syringe teeth. Watch out, marine! :woh:

- Robo-Spectre: stealthy version of the standard Robo-Demon. Same abilities, same dangerousness, but also harder to be detected due to its cloaking device.

- Zerg Bug: at this precise moment, the data found on this new enemy is quite scarce, since we have suffered casualties of several of our informants. Apparently these tremendous monsters seem to be more dangerous than they appeared to be at first, so it's recommended to be extremely careful in case you run into any of them... :!:
    - Luckily, and for dealing with all these new hellspawns, our HQ scientists have created a new type of highly revolutionary special shotgun. They have called it: the Repeater! Yeah, it might not sound like a very impressive name, but the truth is that this wonderful toy is capable of releasing abundant bursts of shots with its separate barrels as if it were a rifle or machine gun, but with simple standard shotgun cartridges... Well, you know? To be honest, the HQ team relied heavily on the already existing Cryogenic Repeater, so they decided to create a version of this same weapon that could do without the freezing element of the original, which is precisely not too easy to obtain... Anyway, how about you give it a try? You may be surprised by its great power and become one of your favorite firearms, who knows... :toohappy:

- Fixed some weird behaviour related to one of the secret & ultra-rare weapons, whose bouncing projectiles were not operating correctly on certain surfaces (mainly floors and walls).

- Updated the HUD for compatibility with the new Repeater weapon.

- Minor bugfixes and optimizations.

That is all for now, folks! Get your fresh download at first post, and hope you keep enjoying and having fun with the H-Project mod! 8-)

Happy Holidays everyone, and a Happy New Year! :joker: (_)3
Clown_Number_42
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Clown_Number_42 »

Is it okay if i make a "Quick-kick & Spit button" mini-mod out of your mod? All i need to know is where to find the code for the two functions.
I don't expect you to do this but if you at any point want to, feel free.

An idea for how the mod can be improved, Spawner customization: Can alter spawning chance or what's allowed to spawn in options, an example would be changing chaingunner spawners to spawn cannoneers from anywhere within "1 cannoneer per chaingunner spawn" to "1 cannoneer to every 10 chaingunner spawns".
The Royal Pant
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by The Royal Pant »

I've been a long-time follower of this mod, ever since its earliest versions between 5 and 7 years ago and I really appreciate the work you've put into it for as long as you have. If there's one thing that I feel it can benefit from, it would be the ability to destroy a currently worn armor in favor of another that the player would find (like what I've seen in Dusted's Pandemonia), just in case the player's current armor points for a low quality armor are too high for a player to pick up and use a stronger armor in its place. In my playthroughs, its not unusual for me to amass 500+ points worth of green armor, which has stopped me from being able to take advantage of armors of better quality for a decent chunk of the game even after I would find them.
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Clown_Number_42 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:09 pm Is it okay if i make a "Quick-kick & Spit button" mini-mod out of your mod? All i need to know is where to find the code for the two functions.
Of course you can! :thumb:

About the necessary code for the spitting action, just open with Slade tool the main PK3 mod file and check the ACS folder for the 'SPITTING' lump. It's a very simple script that is called through the KEYCONF lump. The spit drop sprites are defined in the Decorate section, specifically on PLAYER lump inside ACTORS folder.

However, note that the kicking action is implemented differently, because this one doesn't use ACS at all, instead the code is contained and replicated in each and every weapon Decorate lumps.
The Royal Pant wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:11 am I've been a long-time follower of this mod, ever since its earliest versions between 5 and 7 years ago and I really appreciate the work you've put into it for as long as you have. If there's one thing that I feel it can benefit from, it would be the ability to destroy a currently worn armor in favor of another that the player would find (like what I've seen in Dusted's Pandemonia), just in case the player's current armor points for a low quality armor are too high for a player to pick up and use a stronger armor in its place. In my playthroughs, its not unusual for me to amass 500+ points worth of green armor, which has stopped me from being able to take advantage of armors of better quality for a decent chunk of the game even after I would find them.
Glad you like it man! :wink:

There is currently no direct way in the mod to immediately unequip the player's armour, but there is a little trick to achieve the same effect. For example, if you want the 'Q' key to be used for removing your current armour in game, just open the GZDoom console and type the following:

Code: Select all

BIND Q "TAKE ARMOR"
This way, replacing your armour with a better one will no longer be a problem... =:)
Clown_Number_42

Post by Clown_Number_42 »

Hexereticdoom wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:00 pm
Clown_Number_42 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:09 pm Is it okay if i make a "Quick-kick & Spit button" mini-mod out of your mod? All i need to know is where to find the code for the two functions.
Of course you can! :thumb:

About the necessary code for the spitting action, just open with Slade tool the main PK3 mod file and check the ACS folder for the 'SPITTING' lump. It's a very simple script that is called through the KEYCONF lump. The spit drop sprites are defined in the Decorate section, specifically on PLAYER lump inside ACTORS folder.

However, note that the kicking action is implemented differently, because this one doesn't use ACS at all, instead the code is contained and replicated in each and every weapon Decorate lumps.
The Royal Pant wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:11 am I've been a long-time follower of this mod, ever since its earliest versions between 5 and 7 years ago and I really appreciate the work you've put into it for as long as you have. If there's one thing that I feel it can benefit from, it would be the ability to destroy a currently worn armor in favor of another that the player would find (like what I've seen in Dusted's Pandemonia), just in case the player's current armor points for a low quality armor are too high for a player to pick up and use a stronger armor in its place. In my playthroughs, its not unusual for me to amass 500+ points worth of green armor, which has stopped me from being able to take advantage of armors of better quality for a decent chunk of the game even after I would find them.
Glad you like it man! :wink:

There is currently no direct way in the mod to immediately unequip the player's armour, but there is a little trick to achieve the same effect. For example, if you want the 'Q' key to be used for removing your current armour in game, just open the GZDoom console and type the following:

BIND Q "TAKE ARMOR"
This way, replacing your armour with a better one will no longer be a problem... =:)
It's okay if the kick has to be implemented differently, i can just use the NTMAI kick addon and alter it. Got any example code ideas for making aerial attacks have a different animation?
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Clown_Number_42 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:24 pm It's okay if the kick has to be implemented differently, i can just use the NTMAI kick addon and alter it. Got any example code ideas for making aerial attacks have a different animation?
Yes, you can make it the same way like it's done in the mod, with help of A_JumpIf function:

FastKick:
	TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIf(velZ>0, "AirKick")
	TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIf(velZ<0, "AirKick")
AirKick:
'VelZ' variable means the player's current vertical speed, so this way you can perform up one or two alternative kick animations, in case you add an extra state like 'AirKick2'.

If by chance you want more random animation types inside the main aerial-kick state, you can also use the A_Jump function, something like this:

Airkick:
	TNT1 A 0 A_Jump(128, "AirkickB", "AirkickC" )
	Goto AirkickA
AirkickA:
AirkickB:
AirkickC:
Hope these little hints are useful to you... :winker:
Minidoomer21

Post by Minidoomer21 »

Hexereticdoom wrote:
> [quote=Clown_Number_42 post_id=1235082 time=1673292246 user_id=37080]
> It's okay if the kick has to be implemented differently, i can just use the NTMAI
> kick addon and alter it. Got any example code ideas for making aerial attacks have a
> different animation?
> [/quote]
> Yes, you can make it the same way like it's done in the mod, with help of
> [i]A_JumpIf[/i] function:
>
> [code]FastKick:
> TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIf(velZ>0, "AirKick")
> TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIf(velZ<0, "AirKick")
> .....
> AirKick:
> .....[/code]
> 'VelZ' variable means the player's current vertical speed, so this way you can
> perform up one or two alternative kick animations, in case you add an extra state
> like 'AirKick2'.
>
> If by chance you want more random animation types inside the main aerial-kick state,
> you can also use the [i]A_Jump[/i] function, something like this:
>
> [code]Airkick:
> TNT1 A 0 A_Jump(128, "AirkickB", "AirkickC" )
> Goto AirkickA
> AirkickA:
> .....
> AirkickB:
> .....
> AirkickC:
> .....[/code]
> Hope these little hints are useful to you... :winker:

here's the addon, feel free to add it as an optional if you feel like it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/bhlaisgsx5wnb ... T.PK3?dl=0
there's one keybind and you bind that to spit on every press of that keybind, i'm glad i could be of service. If you're wondering, forgot my password.
Last edited by Minidoomer21 on Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Minidoomer21 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:51 pm here's the addon, feel free to add it as an optional if you feel like it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/bhlaisgsx5wnb ... T.PK3?dl=0
there's one keybind and you bind that to spit on every press of that keybind, i'm glad i could be of service. If you're wondering, forgot my password.
OK, it has been added as an attachment at the end of first post... Thank you mate! :thumb:
Minidoomer21

Post by Minidoomer21 »

Hexereticdoom wrote:
> [quote=Minidoomer21 post_id=1237439 time=1677455461 user_id=37788]
> here's the addon, feel free to add it as an optional if you feel like it.
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/bhlaisgsx5wnb ... T.PK3?dl=0
> there's one keybind and you bind that to spit on every press of that
> keybind, i'm glad i could be of service. If you're wondering, forgot my
> password.
> [/quote]
>
> OK, it has been added as an attachment at the end of first post... Thank
> you mate! :thumb:

Recently, i've been trying to work on an update for the addon, which adds more with the option of toggling additions off. Just keep in mind that one of the optional additions might reek of retro fighting games.
Speaking of which, got any ideas on how to make the "give spit item on spawn" script optional via CVars?
Last edited by Minidoomer21 on Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
mike3k

Post by mike3k »

Lovely mod for love variety of monsters and weapons. For future updates would propose:
dual handling as function keybinded
the option to disable auto picking up weapons - and option to throw/drop weapons
reload animation for traditional weapons like uzi/ak47
big axe could really swing faster, how about adding throw? something to make it more unique?
would be nice if melee weapons had difference functions strength and weakness
L-SMG is really raw - no reload animation, and looks super blocky
beretta vs colt ? whats the point of heaving both? yes they look really nice especially when dual handling - different perspective really help with how some weapon looks
switching on/off items/power ups would be great

Other then that this is fxx amazing mod

Ps how about adding some good revolver? ye I know it has already too much staff ...
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R14 (1 Jun 2023)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hi there Doomguys, how is it going? B-)

Yup, it's been a while since the last mod update, so I reckon it's time to post a new one, even if it's not too loaded with new features... This 14th Revision (just forget the 13th one, please) brings mostly a couple of new things and also a few and necessary polishments to some already existing elements, that is, you can take it as an optional update, although recommended in any case... :wink:

Alright, let's skip all the preamble and get down to business at once with the most recent changelog:
  • - Available from now a powerful (and fearful) weapon that will delight to quench your thirst for revenge against those hateful enemies: the Nail Carronade! It is said that this new thorny portable cannon could surpass the current technology of standard machineguns, due to its increased destructive power between enemy lines. Unlike normal machineguns (and even their plasma or laser derivatives), this modern device shoots a kind of fragmentary bullets with an explosive head, which when impacting against any surface -or enemy- releases a series of secondary spiky projectiles that, like shrapnel, cause additional damage to all nearby elements that are around (similar to a 'nail bomb'). Let's add to this the very high rate of fire that this piece of toy has, plus its tight accuracy, and we will obtain as a result one of the most murderous infantry weapons that has ever been created (maybe). As a curiosity -and fortunately- the Nail Carronade is perfectly compatible with conventional machinegun ammunition, so you won't need to have to get any specific ammo to make it work. Perhaps the most notable drawback of this weapon (not everything was going to be rosy, right?) is its high ammunition consumption, which should be understandable and justifiable mainly due to its greater degree of offensive power. Last, but not least, this new weapon could be a bit difficult to find, but if you keep looking around, you will eventually find one in your way... Be careful, this big toy could make you fall in love with it! :wub:

- Continuing with more weapons my dear friends, and this time it's the turn of our esteemed and well-known Multi-Elemental Cannon, which has received a significant improvement having added a totally new rocket-firing mode: the Zap Mode! And what is it about, then? Very simple: when you switch to this mode, your M.E.C. will be able to launch special blaster rockets (called 'Zapping Rockets') that can severely injure enemies, and even disintegrate them, in a similar way to most powerful plasma projectiles. In addition, and unlike the rockets of the other modes, these Zapping Rockets have a small seeking device that increases the probability of impact against the target (although they do not guarantee 100% effectiveness, obviously). The bad news? Well then, inevitably those enemies that have a Multi-Elemental Cannon equipped (specially the Multi-Elemental Cannoneer zombies and the Apocalypse big boss) will also be able to use this new attack mode against you... So watch out and stay safe, OK?

- Revised and enhanced the visual projectiles of the Demonkiller Carbine weapon, as well as those of the enemies that use it (mainly the Carabineer zombies).

- Improved the sound of firing arrows from the Acid Arbalest weapon with a new SFX file (yup, the old one was a bit bland, really...)

- Updated the HUD for compatibility with the new Nail Carronade weapon.

- Some other minor bugfixes and code optimizations.

More or less, that was all for the moment. If you wanna update right now, just go to first post and follow the download link as usual... :thumb:

See you soon dear Doomguys, and please enjoy and keep having fun! 8-)
Ganbare-Lucifer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ganbare-Lucifer »

Hey, quick question.

Are we allowed to use some monsters from this thing and edit them as standalone monsters?

The question is because some monsters were sprited before this project. Just asking.
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Ganbare-Lucifer wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 pm Hey, quick question.

Are we allowed to use some monsters from this thing and edit them as standalone monsters?

The question is because some monsters were sprited before this project. Just asking.
Sure, why not?

You can choose from all the contents of the mod and use it for your own projects, no problem at all... :thumb:

The only favour that I would ask is that the corresponding credits of each thing be respected, if possible. (Check the Credits List at first post or the Readme.txt file supplied with the mod file).

All of the above applies to my Heretic mod as well... :wink:
UTNerd24

Post by UTNerd24 »

I strayed from this mod for quite some time, and now that I've finally tried it, I regret not doing so sooner. It's fantastic! My only gripe is that disintegrated/burned enemies don't drop anything making energy weapons almost redundant in my eyes. But that's just my opinion. Fantastic work!
mike3k

Post by mike3k »

Are there any plans to make weapons drop able? Its quickly become tough to switch weapons to the one you want...

Return to “Gameplay Mods”