ARACNOCIDE 2.7 (Updated 03/Sep/23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: ARACNOCIDE 2.2 (Updated 13/FEB/23)

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Due to some personal issues and overall problems to getting around my usual schedule for mods, i'll be releasing 2.2 today, as i don't know how much time i'll be able to expand on for the next fixes. I was reported of a bug where Stella's C4 vanishes in water, that's not news, it's been around ever since her first iteration. Yellow KS-23 shells and some graphical inconsistencies will still need to be pushed for 2.3.

Aracnocide is not done, by the way. I still have important things to do with it before it enters that state of "you can call it ready and move on", as it happens with most mods. I just won't be able to showcase everything yet. I promise you'll be entertained.

In this version, Simon got his revolvers fixed, Stella got her upgraded rifle fixed, every player shoots at a reasonable line of sight, bullet sparks won't be opaque in certain ports or renderers, all classes finally got their 10th upgrades, and Mikhail has a better machinegun, one that definitely differentiates him as a class with 3 points of firepower.

Have fun! Please comment, tell me what is your favorite character, what maps you like to play this on. I want to keep this renovated, somehow.
See you all around.

Download here or in the front page.
Spoiler: Changelog
KTwo

Re: ARACNOCIDE 2.2 (Updated 14/FEB/23)

Post by KTwo »

That Saiga-12 upgrade sprites just looks fantastic, so far I just have an observation related to weapon upgrades
It wont be better to have just one variant after the upgrade while the player can be able to "revert" or switch back to the original one by having just one weapon in the slot

Having the two separate variants gets sort of confusing, or either make the upgrades switchable if you have both of them
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: ARACNOCIDE 2.2 (Updated 14/FEB/23)

Post by openroadracer »

KTwo wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:14 amIt wont be better to have just one variant after the upgrade while the player can be able to "revert" or switch back to the original one by having just one weapon in the slot

Having the two separate variants gets sort of confusing, or either make the upgrades switchable if you have both of them
Honest, I think it would be appropriate to make it where any weapon that gets an akimbo upgrade, you can still use the singular version of it after the upgrade.

In fact, make it where the akimbo versions of guns are markedly less accurate than their default versions, just to make there be a noticeable difference for the player.
inkoalawetrust
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: ARACNOCIDE 2.1 (Updated 21/jan/23)

Post by inkoalawetrust »

cosmos10040 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:20 pm I would likento point out that I get tons of force close issues without logs when I run Aracnicide with other companion mods like zombie bros, Rex Rambo, smart marine, xims companion, etc. I have tried the same set up with other mods and no crashing, the only common factor is that Aracnicide for some reason does not like companion 😔
The Smart Marines are not a companion mod, they are an NPC mod that can be implemented on other peoples' mods and maps as intelligent friendly or hostile NPCs.
cosmos10040
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: ARACNOCIDE 2.1 (Updated 21/jan/23)

Post by cosmos10040 »

inkoalawetrust wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:14 am
cosmos10040 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:20 pm I would likento point out that I get tons of force close issues without logs when I run Aracnicide with other companion mods like zombie bros, Rex Rambo, smart marine, xims companion, etc. I have tried the same set up with other mods and no crashing, the only common factor is that Aracnicide for some reason does not like companion 😔
The Smart Marines are not a companion mod, they are an NPC mod that can be implemented on other peoples' mods and maps as intelligent friendly or hostile NPCs.
That's fair. I haven't tried it yet since the new update.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: ARACNOCIDE 2.2 (Announcement)

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I think i should finally announce this outside Discord servers:

Aracnocide is getting a new class!

I know, i probably said in the past i wasn't gonna do it and i might eat my words with a sour taste. But after the development, the amount of resources i gathered when i was remaking the mod just hit me like a truck. So i think the mod deserves it, you deserve it, and i deserve it as a way of entertaining myself.

I seriously hope you enjoy it when it comes out, and i hope this can make the mod's life longer than usual.

Peace.
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unregret
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 9+1

Re: ARACNOCIDE 2.2 (NEWS ON PAGE 32)

Post by Unregret »

Hello, height of some player classes are strangely altered and not match with description. For ex; Luc Williams and Derrick Wolfe is shorter than usual. Not sure if this is intentional based on player's HP.. XDDD
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thanks for noticing, i already took care of that.
kalensar
Operating System Version (Optional): linux mint 21
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by kalensar »

Well good job on the madness that is the weapons side of the mod. I was a little iffy at first but then once I got the idea of what was going on for the classes then everything became much clearer. Needless to say there were a couple of aesthetic choices that were cracking me up hard and that is a great thing to see.
Nems
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

I made it through...I think half of the characters before I decided to take a break. I don't want to give lengthy feedback until I've played with all of the classes but so far I will say that, aside from gripes with grenade launcher weapons (I'll go into more detail once I've had a chance to play through all of the characters), I've been having fun so far. c:
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: ARACNOCIDE 2.3

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

So, i've decided that i should let you test this a bit more while i take the weekend to rest.

Now the game has a new class! Dutch Myers is a more defensive and close-ranged character, but his arsenal has very unique features compared to other classes.
I await for your feedback, even knowing some of the main gripes you might have with him, but that's why we play the game, right?

Lots of thanks, in no particular order to Railgunner, Skelegant, LossForWords, Crozi, YukesVonFaust, Ac!d, and many others who helped me during this update. Making classes for Aracnocide is not as easy as it seems, mostly because my code is crappy.
Spoiler: Changelog 2.3
Links on the first page. Have fun, everyone!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: ARACNOCIDE 2.3b (Updated 12/Mar/23)

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Had to quickly reupload the file, because i haven't noticed an oversight where Dutch's grenades were consuming twice the amount of ammo. Sorry.
devlman127

Post by devlman127 »

How do you find Upgrade Kits? Or how do you upgrade your weapons in general? There isn't anything in the ingame help and I couldn't find anything here
Also, is dual-wielding an upgrade or something else?
Last edited by devlman127 on Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KTwo

Post by KTwo »

So far Dutch and Mikhail are my favorite classes, mainly because they keep an irl based arsenal and not that much sci-fi stuff
Both work great for serious and tense gameplays, good work!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

devlman127 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:08 pm How do you find Upgrade Kits? Or how do you upgrade your weapons in general? There isn't anything in the ingame help and I couldn't find anything here
Also, is dual-wielding an upgrade or something else?
Sometimes, when coming across backpacks, you might find a blue box filled with tools, just like this one:

Once you pick it up, you'll add it to your inventory. Use your inventory keys to navigate and choose it. Press use, and the game will ask you if you want to upgrade your weapon and all you need to do is to confirm.

Some weapons can't be upgraded, some of them can be upgraded more than once, and some guns can either be upgraded to an akimbo or to an enhanced version.

The easiest way to tell is to look at the red icons in the HUD. A straight up arrow means it can be enhanced, a 2x means it can be dual wielded.

To summon this toolbox in front of you, just open your console and type "summon arwpbox" without quotes.

I think i'll make a section on the menu about it.
KTwo wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:14 pm So far Dutch and Mikhail are my favorite classes, mainly because they keep an irl based arsenal and not that much sci-fi stuff
Both work great for serious and tense gameplays, good work!
Thanks a lot! Dutch just came in so naturally that i thought i had less work than previous classes.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”